Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

My 2 Chines 14Dbi Panels just arrived. Amazon 2 day prime, and Sunday delivery. I have planed on getting Maxrange. But I want to play with these. 35 bucks.
Waiting for the glue to dry on my home made mount. Will try them out this evening.
Looking forward to your results.

My 2 Chines 14Dbi Panels just arrived. Amazon 2 day prime, and Sunday delivery. I have planed on getting Maxrange. But I want to play with these. 35 bucks.
Waiting for the glue to dry on my home made mount. Will try them out this evening.
Can't wait to hear how you did good luck.;)

Here is how it all looks. This is what old ARMY vets do on Memorial day weekend.
I am going to wait until it gets dark out, It is like 90 out there and the humidity is 150%. Hope this thing is kickass.
Sweet!! Did you glue it to the dbs panel?

Oh hello, I'm back from vacation! I kept up briefly while I was gone so I wouldn't get so far behind.
I took one of the drones with me hoping to get an aerial view of the famous red rocks amphitheater, the past couple times I went there I skipped on taking the drone out of anxiety that the general public may frown upon it. And upon visiting the red rocks area for sightseeing in the daytime it was so peaceful and everyone is having such a lovely time I decided not to bring the drone out for pictures with its stupid buzzing noise! This morning before I left though from my campground I could see it clearly off in the distance although with mountains it's really hard to judge how far away it is. So I popped on external battery for extra security blanket/flight time,and headed towards it with the maxxrange unboosted. Not only did I easily make it to 18,000 feet across the canyon to the amphitheater, I was able to hover all around and take pictures dropping down remotely a couple hundred feet. While a few there that early may of been annoyed by the buzzing noise none of them was able to hassle me because I was standing in a parking lot nearby flying! So I got my pictures and moved on remotely. These new panel antennas,The terminator and Maxxrange allow you to do things you wasn't able to do before especially unboosted! I had to pack lite when packing up this drone and the maxxrange unboosted was very portable and extremely effective!

Last edited:
So terminator 2! Do you think we're talking the same Chinese panel tuned up but covered with a different package so it doesn't resemble so much said Chinese panel?
By the looks of it this is different antennas completely, although I haven't got them to confirm.
I had spoke to will over the wkend and he has said that they did use and improve existing antenna to make things work, then there's the terminator 2 which is using the same things they did to the terminator but alot cleaner looking.
Don't know what the stats are though not any info.
Seems that this will be an improvement on the first distance wise solid signal but I'm sure you will get round to testing db

So terminator 2! Do you think we're talking the same Chinese panel tuned up but covered with a different package so it doesn't resemble so much said Chinese panel?
dB, that resembles the Extreme pics you posted.

I noticed these are stacked vertically like you said, and white.

Here is how it all looks. This is what old ARMY vets do on Memorial day weekend.
I am going to wait until it gets dark out, It is like 90 out there and the humidity is 150%. Hope this thing is kickass.
Hey maxwell did you get a chance to test your Chinese setup, looks the job! :cool:

Oh hello, I'm back from vacation! I kept up briefly while I was gone so I wouldn't get so far behind.
I took one of the drones with me hoping to get an aerial view of the famous red rocks amphitheater, the past couple times I went there I skipped on taking the drone out of anxiety that the general public may frown upon it. And upon visiting the red rocks area for sightseeing in the daytime it was so peaceful and everyone is having such a lovely time I decided not to bring the drone out for pictures with its stupid buzzing noise! This morning before I left though from my campground I could see it clearly off in the distance although with mountains it's really hard to judge how far away it is. So I popped on external battery for extra security blanket/flight time,and headed towards it with the maxxrange unboosted. Not only did I easily make it to 18,000 feet across the canyon to the amphitheater, I was able to hover all around and take pictures dropping down remotely a couple hundred feet. While a few there that early may of been annoyed by the buzzing noise none of them was able to hassle me because I was standing in a parking lot nearby flying! So I got my pictures and moved on remotely. These new panel antennas,The terminator and Maxxrange allow you to do things you wasn't able to do before especially unboosted! I had to pack lite when packing up this drone and the maxxrange unboosted was very portable and extremely effective!

Hope you had a good vacation DB. The more you talk up the Maxxrange, the more I want to buy it...you're gonna cost me more money if you keep it up! I looked up the Red Rock Amphitheater and it is amazing...I'd like to see some of the shots you got of it.

Reactions: Waxwings
Hope you had a good vacation DB. The more you talk up the Maxxrange, the more I want to buy it...you're gonna cost me more money if you keep it up! I looked up the Red Rock Amphitheater and it is amazing...I'd like to see some of the shots you got of it.
RedRocks is a marvel! Besides being an amazin sight, its one of the best places to see live music in the world! The band/artist you hate the most will amaze you at RR.[emoji41] taking pictures is not something I'm good at all but I did want to give it a shot, and see a different perspective of the place.
I still got to take my pictures and try to edit the sunglare out of them and touch up the color because the stock photos from the SD card do not do the place justice.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464616947.847993.jpg

RedRocks is a marvel! Besides being an amazin sight, its one of the best places to see live music in the world! The band/artist you hate the most will amaze you at RR.[emoji41] taking pictures is not something I'm good at all but I did want to give it a shot, and see a different perspective of the place.
I still got to take my pictures and try to edit the sunglare out of them and touch up the color because the stock photos from the SD card do not do the place justice.View attachment 55482

Very cool...I've never heard of it until now. It's on my bucket list. Jackson Browne is there in August...I would love to see him there. :)

Reactions: mindtrick
Very cool...I've never heard of it until now. It's on my bucket list. Jackson Browne is there in August...I would love to see him there. :)
Denny, make it happen man! Jackson Browne would sound killer at this place! The sound transforms into a quality like you never heard of live music, and the band also knows it's such a special place that they are on top of their game there. You would not regret my friend it would probably be the best show you've ever seen in your life[emoji41]

Db did you find it any harder to fly in the thin air. I'm taking that it's elevation is close to Denver. I've been thinking on flying at Flagstaff Az which is around 7000ft a little higher.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel