Lost p3p into the sea 4km away and got it back

Lucky this didn't happen
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup & it could have landed in front of a travelling vehicle that swerved to avoid it & crashed, killing someone.

@stevee, you're right. Driving is dangerous. But if you are concerned with "vehicular death by over reaction to close call with drone" you should be far more fearful of getting struck by lightning... on a clear day... while indoors... wearing a rubber suit. Because the odds of that happening are far greater.

So get that bee out of your bonnet. Not all of us want to do a POI around a cow patty.

Mal, how did you get those last few seconds back? This thread is so winning! ;)

Circuit board electronics that get wet fail for several reasons. The things that help most are to do what you can to reduce corrosion that might short circuits that are very close to each other and to reduce contact failures on ribbon cables and pin cables.
I would take it apart, unplug anything you can, rinse with distiller water, then use 91% isopropyl alcohol liberally maybe even dunk briefly and a soft bristle tooth brush to clean everything. Then let it dry well and get a new battery. That process sometimes saves iPhones that went in the drink if you do it very quickly after the incident.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
@stevee, you're right. Driving is dangerous. But if you are concerned with "vehicular death by over reaction to close call with drone" you should be far more fearful of getting struck by lightning... on a clear day... while indoors... wearing a rubber suit. Because the odds of that happening are far greater.

So get that bee out of your bonnet. Not all of us want to do a POI around a cow patty.

Mal, how did you get those last few seconds back? This thread is so winning! ;)
I'm taking my breaking bad rubber boots and gloves off as we speak!!!
I used this to recover the file, worked flawlessly and a few friends have tried it and worked perfect for them too
Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files
It's my thread, of course it's so winning mate ;) :D

Circuit board electronics that get wet fail for several reasons. The things that help most are to do what you can to reduce corrosion that might short circuits that are very close to each other and to reduce contact failures on ribbon cables and pin cables.
I would take it apart, unplug anything you can, rinse with distiller water, then use 91% isopropyl alcohol liberally maybe even dunk briefly and a soft bristle tooth brush to clean everything. Then let it dry well and get a new battery. That process sometimes saves iPhones that went in the drink if you do it very quickly after the incident.
Thanks Morgus,
I'm about to give her another good going over with alcohol spray and Qtips. This time paying particular attention to all the plugs. Going to give her a good drying and then back into a fresh bag of rice for 3 day's making sure I leave enough of the 90% alcohol for myself for the first test flight if she turns on.

You'll all think, sorry know I'm mad at this stage but my first flight back will to reinact the last fateful flight but this time I'll do it sober, in daylight and no wind ;)
If you're gonna get back on the horse you may as well do it in style.
"Fly her like you stole her, treat every flight as your last and if you love her be prepared to lose her"

Note to self...
Make sure you open windows and don't light a smoke after spraying half a can of alcohol aerosol ;)
And DO NOT Turn on a light switch or TV set until it clears out. BOOM.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT