Lost p3p into the sea 4km away and got it back

Does it really take this long to put one of these things back together?

Mal, if your bird flies but the camera is OPD let me know. I had an incident after which I was forced to purchase a new gimbal/camera due to the arm supporting the camera being bent at an unlikely angle. The camera looks fine although it's never been tried since "the incident". Oh, and about the "Need to move somewhere sunny"...over 300 days of sunshine a year here. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Hope it's going well bud, I'm having a drink now for the project and keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

It's a ***** trying to get the ribbon cable into the back of the camera. The brown clip has come off and nearly impossible to put back on
20150908_223135.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441750437.215625.jpg
maybe this toolkit will help,,,,,

Yeah opened her back up again, found one loose connection which stopped the ticking noise from the vps but still no power to the gimbal. The light come on the camera at the gimbal mount. So it's off to Germany with her i suppose and let them fix her up.

Well at least ya gave it a try Mal and you do at least have something to send em .
I hope ya the best with dealing with em !

I'd say it'll be 8 weeks gone at least
Sure you don't want to try scavenging a gimbal/camera with a bent arm? If it works you can send me what it's worth to you. Post from Colorado to Dublin HAS to be less than 8 weeks.

Of course if it doesn't work...there's the rub. Another 8 weeks.

Ah give it a rest, there's always one. "Oh no they're gonna ban our drones because of you" people have been saying that for years. And "WE would have to do a lot of damage control" over little old me? Get over yourself will ya. Yeah flying drunk wasn't a great idea at all, I'll start doing my 100 lines as punishment for you.
See the thing is there is no irrational hysteria about drones here in Ireland. Everyone quite likes them because they are what they are and we don't think they are carrying bombs or spying on us because we know that would be just stupid thinking. If the phantom had have slowly landed on someone would it have chopped them up into a million pieces? Even falling full speed I'd logically take my chances that a phantom isn't going to kill someone. Go set up a page for like minded people as yourself and let us get on with enjoying drones.
Mal do 5 hail mary's and a few Act of Contrition and even us catholics will forgive you hahahahaha! I gotta say the flying police here really turn my stomach

Reality seems to matter little to you.
Since your memory fails you, I will remind you AGAIN that it was you who first began the insults when you suggested that the members of this forum would "get a good laugh" about the death of a motorist that could be caused by a drone landing on a motorway.

Please return to lurking. I have reviewed most of your posts and have to say that the overwhelming majority of your opinions do nothing to add to the body of knowledge created by this forum.
God I love a good racket!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West