Losing signal at 300ft p3

"02m 31s 247.4 ft 8 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home "
This warning means the tx signal (the 5.8g freq signal) did not get through to the drone, and AC started the RTH procedure.

"02m 31s 247.4 ft 8 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home "
This warning means the tx signal did not get through to the drone, and AC started the RTH procedure.
Correct, whats the point?

Rod

If you are flying over a lot of trees, the leaves will absorb the 5.8 signal, especially if it is humid or moist outside. Back a few months ago when there were no leaves and it was dry out, you could probably get great range.
If you can see the bird, the trees have no effect. On a P3S, as soon as I go behind any object any tree, If it can't see me its going to RTH.

Rod

Maybe the unit wasn't goofed up, wasn't safe to fly. It could be due to interference/weak signal of some sort, or a pilot error.

Tree leaves is very good at creating reflective interference, it will weaken your 5.8g tx signal.

If you are flying over a lot of trees, the leaves will absorb the 5.8 signal, especially if it is humid or moist outside. Back a few months ago when there were no leaves and it was dry out, you could probably get great range.

Fair enough. But, I am in South Africa flying in the bush. Started in November, which is our wet season, lots of leaves on trees. Yes, March when my problem started, is at the end of our wet season with the most foliage. We are now in our dry season, so according to your input, in the next month or so my range should be back to normal. This is good news, will keep you updated.

Reactions: RodPad
Tree leaves is very good at creating reflective interference, it will weaken your 5.8g tx signal.
I agree but , he was 8' away horizontally.

Rod

Better still, go to a more open field and test your drone there. The flight data shows the flight was done in a residential area with lots of trees, I don't think we can get a very conclusive result from this.

Last edited:
@Iancognito87
Your log was from the 8th, so was this good or bad flight?

Rod

But "k 02m 31s 247.4 ft 8 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home ", This one tell me your unit is probably goofed up, not safe to fly.
This is the 8th, is this the first time you saw a problem?
Rod

What do you mean this is the 8th? I don't have any flight logs from the 8th

What do you mean this is the 8th? I don't have any flight logs from the 8th
Good Point, I don't have a clue what I was looking at seems to be the 14th. :rolleyes:
I can't duplicate where I saw the 8th. If I figure out how I got the 8th in my head, I will post it.
So at least I know the problem I see was on the 14th ;)

Yes on the P3A, the P3S is great when it works like it should.
As I said if I can't see the P3S, its going to RTH.
The P3A is way better, I thought it would just be distance but it is way better going through trees. 150' to 200' Doug Fir, and Pine.
I mean WOW.

Ok sorry I know how you got the 8th, I said "all of them since the 9th". I think you were saying I should check flight before that day.

The P3A is way better, I thought it would just be distance but it is way better going through trees. 150' to 200' Doug Fir, and Pine.
I mean WOW.
Yes, it's physics. 2.4g signal has more power to penetrate through objects then the 5.8g signal.
However, 2.4 ISM band is so congested now.

Ok sorry I know how you got the 8th, I said "all of them since the 9th". I think you were saying I should check flight before that day.
No, I don't think so, I still don't get what I did. :rolleyes: :eek:
I give up for now. :)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT