Losing signal at 300ft p3

My signal comes and goes, depending on elevation. Like I said I can have full signal at 1000ft then if I go up past 275ft in altitude it loses complete signal.
Have you tried it at different area?

I was so close.. I had the gimbal, and all of the landing gear taken off of the ac and then I was having trouble opening it up and I got scared and put it back together.. I really want to just change the leg antennas and see if that's the problem.

I have tried a few different locations but all of them are in urban areas. The thing is, I had no problems at these exact same spots many other times.

There shouldn't be any problem with the two 5.8g bird-side antennas. Don't waste time one that. And if you want to change the 2.4g bird-side antennas, there is no need to open the shell, just unmount the gimbal, the new 2.4g antennas go into the gimbal.

(Not trying the bash Argtek here, just trying to solve a problem.) But are you using Argtek? Have you tried putting the stock antennas back?

I thought for sure that was the issue, I put the stock antenna back on and thats when everything seemed fine till I flew over 275tft altitude. So after testing with the stock antennas several times I ultimately put the argtek back on.

So after testing with the stock antennas several times I ultimately put the argtek back on.
Crack open the drone's shell might be your last hope. You never know, one of the u.fl connectors might have come loose. The shell is very difficult to open the first time, as the clips that hold the top and bottom are very stiff initially.

Ok thanks, BTW I emailed the guys over at to tops about the phantom 3 se and this was the response.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding:Only US$619.99, us DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC - Tomtop.com
Your original question is Are the settings on this drone in English? I only ask because on dji.com it says not available in the US.

Reply By Customer Service Center:
Yes , it's available in English .

You can also email to me for more details: [email protected]
Best regards,
TOMTOP Customer Service Team

According to DJI's P3SE user manual (page 48):
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_se/Phantom+3+SE+用户手册+V1.0.pdf
  • Remote Control Tx Power (EIRP) FCC: 19 dBm; CE: 14 dBm
  • WiFi Video Tx Power (EIRP) FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 20 dBm
As you can see the power outputs are exactly the same as P3S.
The only difference is P3SE has the same landing skid antennas as P3P, and the range is boosted to 4000m. Of course, the 802.11 Wi-Fi reconnect is much slower than the proprietary lightbridge version, and you don't have access to the 32-channel hack.
I personally had very good result from the P3P leg antennas.

This is interesting as the message I had way back when the SE was first put out in China for Testing .... was that the SE was not cleared by any Regulatory Authority outside China. One of the reasons given was radiated power levels. Second that the SE had not been passed to any Authority such as UL or EU for certification.
It is possible that this has been rectified - hopefully my question to DJI will reveal if changes were or actions made.

I have proven, as have others - that 4000m is possible even without adding power boosters to the system I did over 4500m with windsurfers on Argtek and Icarus. No fitting of AC gear at all.

Range is actually down to RC ability to send a clean signal that far and for AC to receive cleanly. Control signal 5.8Ghz is one-way so power level + focused RF is important on RC ... The AC has diversity to look after orientation to the transmitted signal. BUT .... it has been noted by myself and others I communicated with during my extensive testing ... the AC when facing YOU receives better ! You can try this yourself ... Fly out to a far range but still connected. Now rotate the AC and watch your left hand Control 5.8Ghz signal ... the bars increase as it faces you .... I accept that not everyone will have this - but it was noted by others I talked and asked to check.

Nigel

"there are two 5.8g antenna on the landing skid. If one get disconnected, it should still work if the drone is in close range." ....

Actually not strictly true ... you lose connection when orientation of antennas is incorrect at range and or shielding. If one antenna remains in good orientation and not shielded to Transmitter antenna - there should be literally no change in range capability.

Mainstream RC radios prove this day in day out ... where not all systems have dual / diversity / satelite antenna. It is orientation and what material is shielding the antenna.

A lot of people do not realise that 2.4 is Line of Sight communication and 5.8 is even more affected by any obstacles. I have shown newcomers the effect of a chain link fence on RC connection. It reduces range significantly.
ANY object - even YOU can shield 2.4 and 5.8 causing loss of range. Add to it if you are not careful about attitude of RC antenna to the AC antenna ... lost connection.

Nigel

Ok thanks, BTW I emailed the guys over at to tops about the phantom 3 se and this was the response.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding:Only US$619.99, us DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC - Tomtop.com
Your original question is Are the settings on this drone in English? I only ask because on dji.com it says not available in the US.

Reply By Customer Service Center:
Yes , it's available in English .

You can also email to me for more details: [email protected]
Best regards,
TOMTOP Customer Service Team

Maybe go back to them and ask for UL and CE EU certification ?

Nigel

I thought the p3a and p3p have light bridge, so what's the deal with them antennas?
An antenna is designed to a specific operational frequency in mind, in this case 2.4GHz. Lightbridge and DJI's WiFi both operate in the 2.4GHz band, so the antennas are inter-changeable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn