Losing signal at 300ft p3

Reaction score
Hi, my p3 standard randomly started losing signal at 300ft and has weak signal at 70-150 ft, I have the argtek antenna mod on my rc, I thought that was the problem, but I tried my friends p3 controller on my drone and still had the same problem, I've tried many different locations but still nothing, is there any way to factory reset it or fix it??
I'm considering sending it off to get it fixed

We are all having the same problems with the P3S. I now have the DBS mod and it lets me get to about 300m, where I used to get 1Km when it was stock. Will be trying Icarus this weekend to see if that helps.

Sounds like you're getting interference from Wifi. I don't have a P3S, only P3P, P4, Mavic and P4P. However, in our Go app there's a way to see the wifi traffic on each 2.4Ghz channel. Do you have that in your Go app? If yes, you might want to check the level of interference you're getting and select a diffirent channel, if it allows like the Go app in my P3P, or select a different flight location. Also, you might try a windsurfer on the antenna. I saw a guy go a mile with a windsurfer on his P3S, but this was in the hills away from homes. Windsurfers shield the RC from rogue signals behind you and focuses signal in one direction toward the drone.

I got 3 miles on my P3S with a windsurfer and Magic Power mod. Conditions were perfect but I regularly get 2500-3000 ft in my neighborhood.

It has nothing to do with wifi.. it's a problem with the 5.8ghz connection, I'm having the same issue and my p3s goes into rth at 300ft

I agree!! I have mentioned this on various other threads, mine used to get over 1Km stock standard and then overnight it could only reach 100-150m if I was lucky. This was with no updates of any kind. I flew on the Saturday and it was perfect, left the drone on a table for the night and the next day it was homesick, when it got to 100m away RTH kicked in.

That's excatly what mine is doing, I thought it was the firmware so I rolled back to the previous one and still the same result.

@Sprocky,
You seem to be the only one that can't blame it on firmware, but knows within 24 hour period it crapped out. ;)

Have you tried your remote on a different Phantom and or different remote on your Phantom?

Rod

@Sprocky,
You seem to be the only one that can't blame it on firmware, but knows within 24 hour period it crapped out. ;)

Have you tried your remote on a different Phantom and or different remote on your Phantom?

Rod

Rod, yes. I bought Dazzauk's RC with the DBS mod. This has made flying better, but still battle to get more than 350m. Since the problem started I have used two other RC's, same result. I'll just have to live with this until I win the lotto.

Well seeing this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Expecting to take delivery of my P3S this Sunday via Father's Day present.

Losing 5.8g tx signal at 110m was not normal. Were you using stock 5.8g antennas on both the RC and AC?
When you lost tx signal, did you have a clear LOS to your AC? 5.8g is very bad at going through any object, and very susceptible to reflective interference from you own signal bouncing off near by objects.

It's the exact same for me, could you look at those flight logs starting at the 9th of this month please?
Not sure what I would be looking for in your logs.
I can only see the one you shared.
But "k 02m 31s 247.4 ft 8 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home ", This one tell me your unit is probably goofed up, not safe to fly.
This is the 8th, is this the first time you saw a problem?

When I was looking for my problem, I looked at my logs before and after the problem, to make sure I wasn't nuts. I tried to duplicate a flight that had no problems couldn't come close.

Rod

If you are flying over a lot of trees, the leaves will absorb the 5.8 signal, especially if it is humid or moist outside. Back a few months ago when there were no leaves and it was dry out, you could probably get great range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20