Losing signal at 300ft p3

Had exactly same issues myself with no resolve
Tried everything in the end it actually made me far happier giving it away and giving someone else the problems

So in my situation I have an argtex range extender installed, as a long shot after checking multiple times with the connections inside the rc, I decided to put the stock antennas back on and now I'm getting over 1500ft in urban areas!

I agree, Argtek panels is a joke
2.4g panel is not even directional, the width of back metal plate is narrower the distanced of the two dipoles trace on the PCB, it just acting like a paper-weight
5.8g panel, the polarization is horizonal, but the polarization is vertical on the drone legs.
You can see the inside of the panels in this video:
For me, Magic Power + stock antennas runs better range than Argtek, ymmv.

Incredible ................. range

I am not unusual in finding Argtek doing actually a very good job.

Stock out of box (CE) I had : Maximum 300m but video was totally unreliable. Average control signal 200m, video 60 - 100m

I upped my power with Icarus and immediately had 600 - 700m in urban area.... added Windsurfer to help the 5.8Ghz.

Next was to fit the Argtek system and this with the Icarus gave me over 2000m rural range without trouble. Over residential - I could do 800 to 1000m easily and regularly.

With double Windsurfer on the 5.8 stick and standard Argtek 2.4 panels - I got over 4500m ....

With 2.4 and 5.8Ghz powered boosters on Argtek - over 4800m.

I had reached what I felt was maximum reasonable for P3S and then went back to straight Argtek. Range is consistently over 1500m ... usually near 2000m

I know many others who have good results from Argtek. My tests over many months and videos from on-board and also of the tablet screen as proof of data are fully available on my Youtube channel "solentlifeuk" ....

I watched the video you linked to and to be honest that and half the comments under are questionable !!

For a start the Pro and Adv only use 2.4Ghz - but that's where any similarity to WiFi / P3S ends .. because its Lightbridge - a proprietary format of DJI.
DJI have even moved on from LB to a new format for the Mavic ...

Nigel

After I patched the video downlink power with MagicPower, the stock 5.8g tx antenna gave me 900+ meter range in the city (CE zone).
Argtek 5.8g antenna is nothing special.

Last edited:
After I patched the video downlink power with MagicPower, the stock 5.8g tx antenna gave me 900+ meter range in the city (CE zone).
Argtek 5.8g antenna is nothing special.

Nobody said Argtek was ..... but it is not **** as your posts imply.

Nigel

I'm not saying the brand or product itself is bad but I believe something is wrong with my antennas or even the mount itself as you suggested on a previous thread. The problem I'm having is, I had bad range then I had good range, after a week of good range it started rth at 300 ft, I put the stock antenna back on and now I get 1000ft +, I'm still getting a lot of sensors and notifications saying "mode changed to wifi reconnect" and "mode changed to gps-atti"
Take a look Nigel.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

OK ... I have a theory that its not Argtek or any antenna .... but poor Controller build quality. Out of box - the range varies so widely between flights of same machine or between different machines.

The variance is too great to be just location. Even I get wide range variance at times .. but since fitting the Argtek - that has not been so often anymore.

Nigel

In don't know ... but I think its significant that so many stock models show such variance even same model in same location on different flights.

That makes me question why .....

Nigel

20170511_100854.jpg
Hi, my p3 standard randomly started losing signal at 300ft and has weak signal at 70-150 ft, I have the argtek antenna mod on my rc, I thought that was the problem, but I tried my friends p3 controller on my drone and still had the same problem, I've tried many different locations but still nothing, is there any way to factory reset it or fix it??
I'm considering sending it off to get it fixed
Hi, my p3 standard randomly started losing signal at 300ft and has weak signal at 70-150 ft, I have the argtek antenna mod on my rc, I thought that was the problem, but I tried my friends p3 controller on my drone and still had the same problem, I've tried many different locations but still nothing, is there any way to factory reset it or fix it??
I'm considering sending it off to get it fixed
DJI admitted there was a defective part.... WOULD NOT TEL ME WHAT THOUGH after many times asking! I have a whole conversation saved with this guy. So pissed at them right now. Considering selling my PS3 standard(which doesn't fly far currently) and going to walkera! Shame on youDJI for hiding important info from your customers!

Attachments

• 20170511_100849.jpg
    20170511_100849.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 326
Idk if their fishing but I'm about to bite on selling mine and getting phantom 3SE THAT BAD BOY HAS 4000m range out of the box!

The SE is not officially sold or supported outside China. The power level from factory is outside CE and FCC limits.

If anything goes wrong - you're on your own. I too like the sound of the SE but until it gets approved and officially sold outside China - I am staying away.

Nigel

I would be extremely interested to see the Compliance Certificates for the SE as direct communication when I asked DJI about availability outside China - was NOT OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED for international distribution and only on China market.

Second ... try DJI Official Online website ....

BIG RED LETTERS when I look 2 minutes ago : NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION

Buy Phantom 3 SE

Maybe USA has had some brainstorm event ?? It's possible that FCC may have had a change of heart ...

Nigel

I live on a farm with plenty of open fields. I used 3 batteries photographing a passing storm and sunset. At first I was flying almost a half mile without a problem. Then my P3Pro started losing the signal over and over with the unit within several hundred feet of me. I'd power the controller off and back on, cancel the return to home and it would connect for less than a minute. I could still fly it, but lost the camera feed and got a message that it was disconnected.

If you can't wait for the SE, you can do the bird-side 2.4ghz antenna mod today (use landing skid antennas from the P3A/P3P), and apply the MagicPower hack, yours will be pretty close to the SE.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT