Horizon v-3 split power mod

My uneven discharge rate between the externals and main battery may be the reason why I'm not seeing a gain. The externals have more voltage left in them. Perhaps the main is what is reporting voltage to the GO App. So I'm seeing 50% left when I land but in reality if the two battery sets where discharging evenly I would see/gain a little bump in voltage remaining.

I wonder if this is discharging unevenly because we were told to connect both the balance lead from the externals and the XT60 connection? I mean the balance lead is working. When charging the whole thing it is doing a good job balancing all 8 cells. I may try leaving the balance lead disconnected tomorrow just for kicks to see what happens.
We all know weight/power is a delicate balance. But if we're getting better times with Hyperion G6 2400s @203g ea 406g total then the split mod should be much better. I weighed my split mod with Y harness and it came in at 351g. I'm sure the Horizon mod is around the same. Regardless, it's less weight than the G6 2400s. So we shouldn't be worried about shaving that much weight with mounts vs taping. I'm just not convinced this is the best mod. It all sounds good in theory and with 2 30+ min flights claimed. But we are a bunch of knowledgeable people in the P3 mod game. It's not like we're not familiar with this stuff. Every response from Will is sounding like we are a bunch of newbs who don't know what we're doing over here.
hi Ed 209 wow seeing all the fuss about the new battery mod.did you not get 26 mins with your Dji lipo mod.hope you guys get this problem solved.

hi Ed 209 wow seeing all the fuss about the new battery mod.did you not get 26 mins with your Dji lipo mod.hope you guys get this problem solved.
With my own split DJI mod best I got so far (only 2 flights) was 27m14s. Landed @ 14%.

With my own split DJI mod best I got so far (only 2 flights) was 27m14s. Landed @ 14%.
That's impressive I am sure if you went to 10% it would almost be 30 mins.weather here in Canada is warming up finally I will be able to put my battery mods to the test!!

Don't forget that 14% is technically double what we are used to, minus the weight penalty .. That's a pretty decent time !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's impressive I am sure if you went to 10% it would almost be 30 mins.weather here in Canada is warming up finally I will be able to put my battery mods to the test!!
No, 14% at 27:14; will barely be 28:00 or 28:30 at 10%.

Hey, Will,
Tried (2) different aircraft one pro 1.19 & one Adv. 1.6. New props. I've tried and tried to make this work. It may be you need to take it back and investigate cause i get 2 extra min. over the main bat!
And you say all looks good in this post above( #133)so whats diff about that setup and my pic(#68) you said "that wont work"??
the way you mounted the lipos

the way you mounted the lipos
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458565086.060762.jpg

Yes, Will, but from everything thats documented the recorded 35 min flight is done using these same battery trays and i've as shown above lately been taping the externals directly to the landing gear going "bare" so no trackers, no stickers even cutting out every pc of weight possible with similar poor results. So to reply to your comment that "hey 28min is better than 17 right" then my answer to you is NO , not if i have to go on a 14-16 mile flight without a tracker and SECURE externals the way i'm use to flying and i have to strip down my a/c just to baby your product. When i can use other standard bat mods w/out all the fuss. I'm wondering if either (a) my split battery wasn't wired efficiently and needs to be reexamined by your company or (b) this particular product wasn't
ready for the public yet.
Or (c) the long flight times were both posted by mods done from you, in the U.k., is there a chance that your midwest distributer is doing something slightle different than you resulting in a different product/outcome?

Last edited:
We have the P4 V3 Mod , dare i release that ?[/QUOTE]
I would appreciate fine tuning the existing costumers problems before moving on to the "newest" thing.

Reactions: Ed209
I was doing a maiden flight with my new p3S and DBS panel mod unboosted. So for giggles i taped on the v-3 to the little guy.
I lost signal at 17000' and didnt recover the signal ( my i-phone died from cold weather & because of the lost signal my dji logs are incomplete) but for the record the v-3 started the 25:00 after 1 min. Flight and the logs i could recover point to a possible 25-26 min flightime
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458573553.028278.jpg

Last edited:
No it came home!! I never regained signal cause my i-phone died ( it does that when its below 30f outside) i shouldve used a diff device but the iphone is great for wifi flying. I just waited nervously until i saw it blinking in the distance regained control and brought her home. So unfortunately I wasn't able to have complete logs to show flight times and I don't know what percentage I landed at.
That flight was to test the controller anyhow but it did give some insight to the fact that maybe the third aircraft I've tried and the lightest of the three rings a little more out of the V3.it also goes with what I was saying that I'm not going to strip my aircraft down just to get lousy extra time that I can get out of a normal mod. I'm not going to baby the V3 mod

You can use the DAT files from the bird and use DatCon to open them in Dashware. Everything will be there (and more)... See other threads.

Yeah, thanks Fredz, that is a useful point. For this flight i found what i was looking for... ( 16000' w/ dbs not aiming, unboosted, stock p3S)

You don't have to use it if it's not for you, send it back for a refund , go back to what you were using we showed it working here and in the USA , how you use it is up to you.
I will not be inputting. Anything else to this thread , it is what it is?
Well, for me, I tried and it just "Isn't"
So if your offering a refund i'm open for suggestion. Do you mean (1) send unit back and you'll send me back two smart batteries
(2) send unit back youll send me the price of my mod( $95) and I lose two smart batteries
(3) you'll send me back $95 and I'm stuck with this mod that doesnt deliver even close to what i was sold on?
What did you have in mind Will cause it will determine my decision!
And again for the record, I appreciate your company and like what you tried to bring to the table! I love your antennas and I do think your customer service is good too![emoji41]

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Whoa is me. Horizon didn't make the cables long enough between the two packs for me to use their supplied white battery boards :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart