Having to much fun with my P2V+

Are you able to link them all together at the same time?

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Ok I have any question for you all knowing. I have a 3 range extenders for my P2v+ can I set them up and use them as a repeater . say turn one on out 1000 ft in front of me and will it help the signal coming back to me?

There was somebody on the forum a while back, I believe his name might've been Redbird or something, who did a lot of tests using a range extender mounted to an aircraft 3000 ft. out which connected to his primary drone which enabled him to fly for 4 to 5 miles an extremely low altitude. So yes it is doable and it has been done. To try to search for anything on this forum from my mobile site almost never produces results. I know he's got some YouTube videos of it although I can't find them, but if you're on a PC and do a search of this, eight months back it was posted ,a lengthy thread about it[emoji41]

I have not used the dji app since last fall.

They say always turn on the RC first, but I do the AC first because when I do it that way the camera starts off looking up straight ahead instead of looking down. So here's how I do it:

AC, controller, extender, amp battery, tablet.

But it apparently doesn't matter if you turn on the amps first or the controllers first. People have said there is a potential for damage but nobody has ever reported damage starting them one way or the other. So any way seems to be safe.

This has been discussed in other threads.
Mark I know your a hardwire guy ;). have you done anything like running multiple range extenders ?

My idea was to have someone (Tony) drive a range extender out about a mile or so. have it mounted on a tripod or something. Set it up with two 9dbi dipole antenna's I'll have to look the redbird up. This has my gears turning (slow) but turning.

Ok back to this morning flight. made 3 flights nothing great not even close. temperature was 85 f and humidity was 55%. the best I was able to get was 4842 ft out worth than yesterday which the humidity was 40 %. Cut flight time down to 14 minutes, I landed with 6 % left on one flight. very little wind if any.
Why are you losing wi-fi but still having control?
With the small antenna but not with the CCP's.

When are you going to quit fooling around and just do this with your set up?[emoji41]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469118056.236178.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469118100.152655.jpg

It's been tested and tried and true, after that you can put boosters on it but you're going to need a battery mod

I sent my coil in for a tune up and have some parts coming for the panel's. ;) I also did mod the R/C board on the drone and put a mushroom on it. The dipole you got from Tony if I remember correctly. I may need a friend do a flame paint job on the case.:cool:

Reactions: dirtybum
Oh the repeater thing is redbirdrf.com

Reactions: dirtybum
Yeah Mark pics!!! Very interested in seeing this!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingroberto666