Having to much fun with my P2V+

ohhhh ok I get it..thats awesome! I didn't know it did that!

ohhhh ok I get it..thats awesome! I didn't know it did that!
and the file has allot more data of the flight. It's saved as a spreadsheet file ,my Excel software brings it up. it has % of battery, battery volt, way more stuff than I need to know but I'm sure somebody looks at all that.

ok heres another p2 noob question...is there a set sequence to powering up everything? like....RC, RE, AC, APP?

I have not used the dji app since last fall.

They say always turn on the RC first, but I do the AC first because when I do it that way the camera starts off looking up straight ahead instead of looking down. So here's how I do it:

AC, controller, extender, amp battery, tablet.

But it apparently doesn't matter if you turn on the amps first or the controllers first. People have said there is a potential for damage but nobody has ever reported damage starting them one way or the other. So any way seems to be safe.

This has been discussed in other threads.

I turn on my RC,RE,APP and then the drone. I have done it different with the drone was on and I started the app and it finds it.

So I took my P2v+ out this morning. It seem every time I'm hoping for a record nothing happens. Today just proved it. No that it was not a bad day flying just no records. I did hook up my CCP's and was using them with just the stock dipole antenna for the R/C. I lost the signal with the CCP for a split second at 5200 ft. came right back I ended up losing R/C signal at 7800 ft. the video / telemetry was still there.
The flights were weird as to Litchi would shut down and even my flytrex shows me taking off about 500 ft out from where I was. I did not get out there till a little after 8 and it was already above 90 degree's. here it from flight replay and flytrex. same flight.

willis west far

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phxbird-2--blake-beard-xIq9ljKT/
all all it was a good day everything came back in one piece.

So my son had his first anxiety attack lol. He was on his second battery and didnt pay attention to how much battery was left..i was flying mine when he yelled to me that "theres no more battery its returning to home!!!" He was far and was only 20' off the ground but then it started shooting up to rth height! He was shaky but got it back down and landed, shut it all diwn then lay on the ground with his hand on his chest saying omg that was the scariest moment of my drone life... lol was a fun day

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

So my son had his first anxiety attack lol. He was on his second battery and didnt pay attention to how much battery was left..i was flying mine when he yelled to me that "theres no more battery its returning to home!!!" He was far and was only 20' off the ground but then it started shooting up to rth height! He was shaky but got it back down and landed, shut it all diwn then lay on the ground with his hand on his chest saying omg that was the scariest moment of my drone life... lol was a fun day

your going to need to get pictures of that. Your son on the ground. That is great to hear stories like that. specially with the great out come. :sweat:

Hey Pro, just tell your son 'ol DB's crashed his P2s about 30 times, it's not the end of the world, they are very rebuildable

lol it was pretty funny afterwards, but at the time I got nervous cuz I was 4000'+ out with my standard...I hit rth and went to him looking at his screen but its way different than mine lol. After he calmed down he wanted to get right back to flying so I let him fly my last batt lol. He cannot wait to go back out! He loves that thing so much he wants to keep it on his nightstand to stare at it while he falls asleep! Everyday now he's either reading or watching how-to's on it or he's organizing the case or cleaning it...its really cool to see him this excited and involved with something!

Reactions: dirtybum
They do!! My 5yr old has to show her grandma how to use the ipad lol..she seen us do it and we showed her a few times and now shes a pro...its funny tho shes so use to the ipad that we were watching tv and she walked up to it...and "pinched" the tv screen to try and zoom in!

Went out this morning with the CCP on wifi and a Dipole with a wind surfer on the R/C side. The monsoon finally hit the valley this past weekend. That just means the humidity is going up and the temperature is coming a little. this morning the humidity was in the 40% temp was 85 degrees. The best I was able to do was 6300 ft with the CCP & dipole I was losing the R/C not the video/telemetry. I did the same path last week with a dipole on both side and wind surfers and got out to 9210 ft and the humidity was at 10% temp was about 85 also. Thicker air ( higher humidity) is not helping.

Reactions: Procharged97
I strongly believe humidity affects the signal. We get really humid days here where you can see the haze...on those days I don't even bother

I agree with you guys, not so much the signal for me, but I flew the other night and is really calm but super thick out, it just wasn't flying nearly as fast as it should've been. I think the thick air had anaffect on the aerodynamics

Yea it's 55% humidity this morning I'm going out just to video Tony's plane flying around. Been doing that a little.
To me is seem to cut down my distance. I notice the largest on the wifi side with it cutting in & out more with the higher %. The CCP did help stop that and the R/C with shorter distance. where I was getting out to 8000 or 9000 ft now I'm finding it hard to make it 6000 ft.

Ok I have any question for you all knowing. I have a 3 range extenders for my P2v+ can I set them up and use them as a repeater . say turn one on out 1000 ft in front of me and will it help the signal coming back to me?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart