Having to much fun with my P2V+

I was back out in the foot hills, Was going to try the CCP & Pro-Cannon the wind was gusting up to 15 mph. So I just did some local flying around with my P3s and the P2v+. here is a couple of pictures. of the area.
test 127.jpg
test 128.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
I was back out to my local spot this morning with Buddy Tony. I was having problems getting past 6000 ft ( the same place I went 10000 ft). I tell Tony I can get past 6000 ft and I was showing him And it made me a liar and went out to 11901 ft. I was going to stop at 12000 and I hit a no signal at 11901 so I turned around. Still running stock rc antenna with wind surfer & one external antenna on the wifi with a DJI puck antenna. I keep thinking I'm at it's limit and it keeps proving me wrong.

Reactions: yorlik
Yeah man!!! You running gps the whole way?? I used to run my P2's in atti mode every distance run out and back! Since doing distance runs with the P3's and discovering GPS Mode actually saves your battery and gets better distance I've tried the P2 a couple times in GPS only mode, while it goes a little slower and I don't think I'm gonna make it, it actually works better for me just like with the P3's! I'm thinking with stock battery on your P2 12,000 feet youre landing with about 15%? It's time for battery mod for you, you got one of them good birds[emoji41]

Reactions: phxbird57
I just need some depends too......:rolleyes:

So what's the info man? You run a GPS, what did you land with? I'm not sure I understand what you're set up is as far as the GPS puck goes is that on the Re700 and your aircraft is all stock.

just running it stock on the most part. with wind surfs. using a Re700 with one external antenna and the internal puck antenna. on the drone just replaced the puck antenna's with the dipole. I also moved the range extender out about 1.5 inches. I found with the external antenna on the range extender it was cause problems with my r/c antenna. In the picture you can see it's out a little farther. used an Allen wrench epoxied it to the bar. you can see the end of the wrench in the picture. It did not seen to make any different by having the dipole sideways on the wifi side with the wind surfer. Oh and yes running in GPS mode until RTH kicked in.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

just running it stock on the most part. with wind surfs. using a Re700 with one external antenna and the internal puck antenna. on the drone just replaced the puck antenna's with the dipole. I also moved the range extender out about 1.5 inches. I found with the external antenna on the range extender it was cause problems with my r/c antenna. In the picture you can see it's out a little farther. used an Allen wrench epoxied it to the bar. you can see the end of the wrench in the picture. It did not seen to make any different by having the dipole sideways on the wifi side with the wind surfer. Oh and yes running in GPS mode until RTH kicked in.
View attachment 59238
View attachment 59239
View attachment 59240

Nice, it's all about those windsurfers, sweet. I never discovered those in all the different things I've tried with that aircraft[emoji41]

dirtybum,It's time for battery mod for you, you got one of them good birds

You know I have that extra battery plug for the smart batteries I'm thinking putting on longer leads and solder it to main board . then Velcro a second battery under back.

dirtybum,It's time for battery mod for you, you got one of them good birds

You know I have that extra battery plug for the smart batteries I'm thinking putting on longer leads and solder it to main board . then Velcro a second battery under back.

I don't know if the data pins will be pressed that way. What do you think. If you're going to be soldering to the mainboard you're just as well off soldering XT 60 connectors

Out Flying with my new add on a Flytrex tracker. Interesting thing, It's number very a little from what I get from Litchi. I'm still getting out there. I was losing my wifi. I see I was drifting to the right The last 2 minutes I was flying blind. It was showing I had Control signal. I'm not sure how accurate that is with out wifi? But I was not getting a loss of signal on the R/C. Last number I seen was 9000 something before it did switch over to RTH. After I launched I was think I should of moved south a little more I was about 25 yards from a line transformer. I'm thinking that may of cause something besides it was starting to get warm out.here is from the Flight replay.

Willis s.west
IMG_20160712_092042193[1].jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers