Having to much fun with my P2V+

My plan for tomorrow is take the CCP & Pro-cannon out. try for 3.5 miles, I'm getting 2.25 some what stock. 3.5 something to shot for but not to far. I'm not sure if the battery will make it. I have exit plans (dirt roads) if it does not make it all the way.
Here is a picture
IMG_20160712_110235104.jpg

Out Flying with my new add on a Flytrex tracker. Interesting thing, It's number very a little from what I get from Litchi. I'm still getting out there. I was losing my wifi. I see I was drifting to the right The last 2 minutes I was flying blind. It was showing I had Control signal. I'm not sure how accurate that is with out wifi?

Now sure what you mean. Are you using your Litchi app and flytrex app at the same time? Or are you talking about the logs after the flight?

Yeah, without the wifi, you have no idea whether you have control or not. All you know is you had control the moment before you lost wifi. So you might have control and you might not.

But that's where you whip out the flytrex app which will tell you everything you need to know.

A P2V(+) without flytrex is like a BLT without bacon.

Now sure what you mean. Are you using your Litchi app and flytrex app at the same time? Or are you talking about the logs after the flight?

Yeah, without the wifi, you have no idea whether you have control or not. All you know is you had control the moment before you lost wifi. So you might have control and you might not.

But that's where you whip out the flytrex app which will tell you everything you need to know.

A P2V(+) without flytrex is like a BLT without bacon.
I'm using Litchi but was losing video & telemetry and did not think of looking at the flytrex app. To see if it's still flying out or even moving.

lol thanks

Yeah, well, if you lose both telemetry and FPV, you have the option of closing out the phantom app and bringing up the Flytrex app, if you have it installed on your device. You'll get a satellite map showing your Phantom flying live, and also some live telemetry. You can then fly your bird home just using that. It beats RTH because your Phantom will come home twice as fast.
DB did this on one of his runs and it saved his craft because he would have run out of battery otherwise...

Now I think I'm gonna go make me a BLT...

lol thanks

Yeah, well, if you lose both telemetry and FPV, you have the option of closing out the phantom app and bringing up the Flytrex app, if you have it installed on your device. You'll get a satellite map showing your Phantom flying live, and also some live telemetry. You can then fly your bird home just using that. It beats RTH because your Phantom will come home twice as fast.
DB did this on one of his runs and it saved his craft because he would have run out of battery otherwise...

Now I think I'm gonna go make me a BLT...
The flytrex works great at my other sight but out there. it shows me loading out in the middle of god's country. Lost cell service. the drone made it back no problem.
Quadcopter Flight Mission in Rio Verde, United States

Flytrex is wonderful but the truth is, it's not as rock solid as you might think or expect. I've watched my craft coming towards me with the flytrex app, and then it'll just freeze on the screen. And it'll hang there for.... a while. 20 secs. 30 secs. 40 secs...

Then suddenly it shows my Phantom jump a quarter mile ahead.

What is happening is either a loss of cell service for 40 secs or a lag on the flytrex server for 40 secs. I think it's a lag on the flytrex server - at least in my case. It happens quite often at random times and random places, even though I run the same route over and over. And there is definitely a cell tower in LOS of my aircraft at all times. That's why I think it's a lag in the server. When I look at the flytrex log, the lag area is filled in, but the numbers in the log are not real, they are graduated estimated numbers based on the position before and after the lag.

Me to I would get over a 1 miles and then could not do it again. now it's easy to get 6000 ft. I have a next to perfect place to fly just south of town. On Indian reservation. It's flat for 10 miles a few building about 3.5 miles out. I've made it there with my P3a. No trees some bush all dead.

Flytrex is wonderful but the truth is, it's not as rock solid as you might think or expect. I've watched my craft coming towards me with the flytrex app, and then it'll just freeze on the screen. And it'll hang there for.... a while. 20 secs. 30 secs. 40 secs...

Then suddenly it shows my Phantom jump a quarter mile ahead.

What is happening is either a loss of cell service for 40 secs or a lag on the flytrex server for 40 secs. I think it's a lag on the flytrex server - at least in my case. It happens quite often at random times and random places, even though I run the same route over and over. And there is definitely a cell tower in LOS of my aircraft at all times. That's why I think it's a lag in the server. When I look at the flytrex log, the lag area is filled in, but the numbers in the log are not real, they are graduated estimated numbers based on the position before and after the lag.
I had that happen with Litchi the other day. I looked at the data file and it jumped from 6700 ft to 9600 ft.

Hey phx and mark. .when using litchi on the vision can you just open litchi and use it or do you have to open vision app? Lol im going to be asking questions on the vision+ for my son

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Hey phx and mark. .when using litchi on the vision can you just open litchi and use it or do you have to open vision app? Lol im going to be asking questions on the vision+ for my son

You just run Litchi as a stand along app ( with out DJI app). If Litchi acts funny like the video is not clear or not working just clear out of it and clear the cache in memory . then restart Litchi. I've had a hick up with Litchi a few times. Like it would just shout down where I would be back at my main screen on my phone. when that happened I would just start DJI vision app and it would pick up where the drone is and you can continue. I like using Litchi because of the data. It does have some extras that DJI vision app does not. You can setup a boost for the wifi signal in the app too.

Oh and a little side note. I found for me to find the data file that Litchi leaves on my phone I need to turn the phone off and back on to find it. I don't know if that is for every phone. I have a Motorola turbo x. It does not same the file till you shout down the phone. then look for it in the Litchi fold.

thanks Phxbird! My son and I are both learning the vision...theirs a lot more to learn than the P3! lol I was trying to find the imu calibration in the app the other day...they do fly really nice and my son has a blast with it, he calls me at work and asks if im coming home early so we can fly lol

Oh and a little side note. I found for me to find the data file that Litchi leaves on my phone I need to turn the phone off and back on to find it. I don't know if that is for every phone. I have a Motorola turbo x. It does not same the file till you shout down the phone. then look for it in the Litchi fold.
whats on the data file or what is it for?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart