Having to much fun with my P2V+

You can buy the rx already modded (antennas removed) for $50. So by the time you ruin 1, keep it in mind[emoji41]

I was looking for one with the antennas removed and did not see one and I asked the supplier and they did not know what i was talking about. When I get back I may just order another one and just run this one stock. I'm hoping I'll get the same range as I was.

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-t-bird-mike-mcdaniels-9aVzrDEH/
I flew the p2V+ for the first time tonite in like 6 months!! ****, that was fun! Its such a rush and test of skill flying in the dark w/out the luxury of the go app satellite image!
I had a fun run out, coulda prob went 4 miles but wanted to play it safe since this bird(and my skills) have been grounded so long[emoji41]

I flew the p2V+ for the first time tonite in like 6 months!! ****, that was fun! Its such a rush and test of skill flying in the dark w/out the luxury of the go app satellite image!
I had a fun run out, coulda prob went 4 miles but wanted to play it safe since this bird(and my skills) have been grounded so long[emoji41]
I fill the same way with mine. I have my P3a but fly the P2v+ more.

Is that a goat in your picture? How did you have it setup. The drone and controller?

Is that a goat in your picture? How did you have it setup. The drone and controller?
The set up was just a hot mess I threw together last Night just to see if this bird still flew
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467120077.208053.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467120087.271554.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467120121.206774.jpg

3 miles wasn't bad considering that I was flying in the dark just trying to keep it in a straight line. Here's an image of where I standing and what my signal was aiming through
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467120224.800833.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
I took my P2v+ back out this morning before it gets to hot. After yesterday, I reset my maximum distance to 16000 ft (I had it set to 9000 ft and set it yesterday). This was un-boosted with the stock antenna on the r/c side with a wind surfer, on the wifi I was using one internal DJI Puck antenna and a external dipole ( I think 6 or 8 dbs). On the drone stock antennas on the r/c side and 2 dipole for the wifi. In the past I had been using a stock range extender the video was coming back blocky and stop & go. with this setup it was very smooth. Here is the flight from Flight replay.

Willis West 10k

Reactions: Procharged97
And here is the video from the flight this morning. It was 13 minute flight , I speed up the video so it's only 6 minutes. I was using Litchi which it did work very well, no problems this time. One thing I did notice in the past with DJI vision app going over power lines I would loss the signal for a split second. With Litchi that did not happen. I did loss signal out about 5500 ft for a split second and again at 7500 ft. both times I got it back before the RTH kicked in. I'm amazed that I was able to go that far with just the stock antennas on the r/c side and a wind surfer. In the past I had flown at 100 ft up this time I did it at 200 ft.

That's pretty good distance stock! I'm a powerline/bad FPV thing is a Wi-Fi thing not necessarily the app

That's pretty good distance stock! I'm a powerline/bad FPV thing is a Wi-Fi thing not necessarily the app
I thought it was funny that DjI Vision app I would loose the sign but with the Litchi I did not. and it was control side not wifi
With that external antenna on the wi-fi side it did make it video allot better. it was smooth all the way out. I did not try and push it like I had in the past. Adjusting the antenna's and holding over my head. I was setting on the bumper till it was almost back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart