Having to much fun with my P2V+

we have used 10 x 10 canopy. but even then if the temperature 119 degrees how fast will the battery reach 140 degree's. What temperature does the battery go terminal and maybe blow up that would be a good video, costly.
Setup to go out Thursday morning. Wind is coming out of the west, which is good I'll be heading in to it. I've got the Chinese's panels ready & the Proton Canon setup.
IMG_20160614_153031816.jpg
we will see. ;)

Reactions: dirtybum
Tried out the new antenna I'm going to need to do some fine tuning on the cannon was losing signal at 1300ft, still have video but would except that at that range. On a better note switched over to my stock controller and did 8500 ft. I stopped, I was starting to get into some mountains and could not judge the distance.
On a different note I started with Litchi app and about 3 minutes in to the flight it stopped and quit. I mean I was back to my main screen on my phone. That is a funny filling when your about 4000 ft out. I started up DJI vision app and it picked up the signal and I was on again. The biggest thing I like about Litchi is the data file. Why can't DJI add this to the DJI Vision app? Is there an app you can run in conjunction with DJI Vision app to store the data?

Last edited:
You wuss! It was almost 100 here saturday w/ 99% humidity, i squeezed in a couple flights[emoji41]
Had to makeshift some shade thoughView attachment 57061
have you seen this on a Ipod. He was bring the drone back and this popped up. luck it was with in sight. or he was going to hit the RTH. I'm going to take your advise next time canopy.
IMG_20160616_111526640_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
If there is it's come out recently, because there wasn't one a few months ago when I fly that aircraft pretty heavily. And I've tried all the third-party apps some of them with flight loggers, I never found any of them to be dependable as they dji app, it seems they would crash all the time or on waypoint missions the a/c would stray off. I spent good money on some of those apps and now I just won't use them

Reactions: phxbird57
I suppose if it's 119° out it's not gonna take long for your battery to go above 140 which will cause a lipo to fail if it goes much about that and I wouldn't be surprised if most smart batteries wont even fire up the engines

I suppose if it's 119° out it's not gonna take long for your battery to go above 140 which will cause a lipo to fail if it goes much about that and I wouldn't be surprised if most smart batteries wont even fire up the engines
I know my engine does not like firing up at 119 degrees :D

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
I was doing a mod to the drone replacing the antennas on the R/C side (long dipole). I screw up on removing the black junk from the circuit board and broke off the connector. I seen where there is two contact points. So I soldered on the cables directly to the board. I tried it in my front yard was doing good , only took it out 400 ft. next day went to my normal place and was only getting 1300 ft. if I pushed it I could get 2300 ft. I talked to Dirty Bum he said he had hear good & bad on a patch job. So I order a new one off of Ebay. While I was waiting I thought I'll try and again and re solder. What you have to watch for is keep the un insulated wire short it will act as the antenna causing problems. This time I really took my time and keep it short and a good solder.
I'm not sure what I did or not do but it was Like I was transmitter over all signals. My GPS was acting up, my video, telemetry. The drone was out about 800 and was starting to land. lucky i was able to stop it and get it back safe. If I turned on the camera I would loss Gps signal. Turn the camera back off and it would come back. It would show 7 sat. I turn camera on it would drop to 4.
Lesson learned... I have the new transmitter board in place, and it's to hot out. I'm be back out Monday. I'm really enjoying the range I'm getting with this P2 with very little mod's

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
You mean the black goo on the receiver inside the aircraft? Usually whenever I've heard of problems from turning the camera on and off it's a problem with the Wi-Fi module inside the aircraft causing interference.

Do you know about the fingernail polish and torch trick? To get the black goo off

This sounds like a good video. I watch one guy replace the glue from the controller contact. it took him to removed about 15 or 20 minutes and he did not edit.:confused:

Tony from fpvlr sent me an e-mail a year ago about it. I'll see if I can find it tonite.
Heres what I do. Carefully scrape off as much black goo you can or as you need, then take a Q-tip with acetone soak the black goo(it doesn't hurt the board at all) then immediately torch it only about 10 to 15 seconds flame right on it. Until it dries up. Then go ahead and soak it again and torch it again about three times. During this process you'll hear crackling sounds. That's the black goo getting brittle& weak. On the fourth time soak it and heat it and immediately put a pair of pliers on the connector and try to turn it a little bit it should move just a bit(you're trying to spin it around on the connector) then soak in heat again and spend some more when you can freely spend it all the way around back-and-forth so can he eat one more time and immediately pull straight up on it. Carefully but deliberately.this trick works three out of four times. If I only have one receiver I don't even try it until I get another one from eBay just in case. Even though this trick is successful, and probably the best trick out there, i've still ruined about five out of the 15 I did

Tony from fpvlr sent me an e-mail a year ago about it. I'll see if I can find it tonite.
Heres what I do. Carefully scrape off as much black goo you can or as you need, then take a Q-tip with acetone soak the black goo(it doesn't hurt the board at all) then immediately torch it only about 10 to 15 seconds flame right on it. Until it dries up. Then go ahead and soak it again and torch it again about three times. During this process you'll hear crackling sounds. That's the black goo getting brittle& weak. On the fourth time soak it and heat it and immediately put a pair of pliers on the connector and try to turn it a little bit it should move just a bit(you're trying to spin it around on the connector) then soak in heat again and spend some more when you can freely spend it all the way around back-and-forth so can he eat one more time and immediately pull straight up on it. Carefully but deliberately.this trick works three out of four times. If I only have one receiver I don't even try it until I get another one from eBay just in case. Even though this trick is successful, and probably the best trick out there, i've still ruined about five out of the 15 I did
15 woo. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart