Having to much fun with my P2V+

lol some of us gotta work...

I have a very well made commercial quality telescoping tailgate flagpole and I have the stand. Yes the stand is perfect for driving somewhere and putting the pole up held by the tire and the weight of your truck wherever you park. That's easy. You just gotta spend the money and figure out how to mount the antenna to the pole.

What I want to do is put an in ground mount in on my property to get over the trees, or at least get better range than I have right now. I could have buried the mount I have but then it would be buried! And unavailable for truck use. So I ordered a custom steel pipe. I will bury that in a premium spot on my property and hold it in with sackrete or whatever it's called. I am pretty sure I can break my P2V 2.9 mile range record with the pole. Give me some time to dig the hole and stuff :grinning:

Hey Mark, with Pro charged leading the way, and the rest of our creative minds here, you can show us pics of the pole where you plan to mount it & the back of your antenna, and will help you come up with the proper design that will be top notch[emoji41]

lol some of us gotta work...

I have a very well made commercial quality telescoping tailgate flagpole and I have the stand. Yes the stand is perfect for driving somewhere and putting the pole up held by the tire and the weight of your truck wherever you park. That's easy. You just gotta spend the money and figure out how to mount the antenna to the pole.

What I want to do is put an in ground mount in on my property to get over the trees, or at least get better range than I have right now. I could have buried the mount I have but then it would be buried! And unavailable for truck use. So I ordered a custom steel pipe. I will bury that in a premium spot on my property and hold it in with sackrete or whatever it's called. I am pretty sure I can break my P2V 2.9 mile range record with the pole. Give me some time to dig the hole and stuff :grinning:
If the truck was available all the time may made a bracket to fit ( do they still put the whole in the top of the sides for side board.) in that hole. give you another 3 or 4 feet and portable.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Today is the first day of a major heat wave here in Maryland and I am trying to not dig holes in the heat! My dirt here is about half dirt and half rocks. I will have to get the pick axe out and hope there's not a serious boulder six inches below my spot.

I am pretty sure this is the pole I have: TopFlight Telescoping 20ft Flag Pole

It's nice because it doesn't twist and lock. It just goes straight up to lock. So you can aim it from the ground before you raise it.

I also have a 28 foot pole. It's nice but it's fiberglass and you have to twist some of the sections and it's not as well made. Theoretically I could place this on top of the other pole making a 45 foot pole which would be pretty **** high.

I have a bunch of smaller 16 foot poles, like four of them, but they suck.

Reactions: phxbird57
Get out there and dig some of that rock dude, it'll do three things for you..
1. make you feel like a man
2. Work off a little bit of that gut
3. When you come in with sweat dripping off your nose, when your wife notices, Believe me, it'll probably end up a good night for you my friend[emoji41]

Get out there and dig some of that rock dude, it'll do three things for you..
1. make you feel like a man
2. Work off a little bit of that gut
3. When you come in with sweat dripping off your nose, when your wife notices, Believe me, it'll probably end up a good night for you my friend[emoji41]
Db does your lady have any older sister oh hick a single mom. any time I come in like that my wife tells me hit the shower and no there is no fireworks going out either.:mad:

Db does your lady have any older sister oh hick a single mom. any time I come in like that my wife tells me hit the shower and no there is no fireworks going out either.:mad:

Ha,ha,ha,hahhh! My chicks a good girl, behave Phoenix! I probably just have a wild imagination[emoji41]

Tried a way point flight this morning just a little very simple plot. 4 points. I have never tried this before but it was interesting to say the leased.
Here is the flight from flytrex
Quadcopter Flight Mission in Chandler, United States
and a picture of the plan
IMG_20160722_165139697.jpg
Tomorrow I'm going to try a little larger mission. 15 minutes

Mark if you need a bracket just lemme know. All i need is a drawing with measurements and can get one cut on the waterjet with metal of your choice

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Today was crazy..my son passed his distance goal then we had litchi issues with android..my wife laughed at me afterwards but she stood under the drone ready to catch it.

Mark if you need a bracket just lemme know. All i need is a drawing with measurements and can get one cut on the waterjet with metal of your choice

No ****? Thank you! I will let you know.

**** there are some nice people on this site.

Update: Hole not dug yet. Temp 96.3 degrees F.

But I do have a boston butt on the smoker...

Reactions: dirtybum
Today was crazy..my son passed his distance goal then we had litchi issues with android..my wife laughed at me afterwards but she stood under the drone ready to catch it.

She's a keeper! My daughter caught mine a few weeks ago but then I had to tell her "You gotta hold it still!!!!"

Reactions: Procharged97
Ok Dirty Bum I did some more mod'ing to the P2. It's hard to see but two red and two black.and I hooked up a 2700 to it and it did not blow up so all is good. I did it to reg battery turned on and then plugged the extra battery in. Next question what was the lube you were talking about. I know it's not K&Y. :p

IMG_20160724_221825443.jpg
IMG_20160724_221838777.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469449374.707016.jpg

This little packet is $0.99 at the auto parts store. Makes it so much easier to plug/unplug. I think K Y is water based so prob shouldnt try it[emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey