FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

Sorry dirk:D just had to do it;), remember the other thread we've been on:D

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Clampit
Hey everyone good news today! I finally got a response from Keri over at Rotorpixel indicating that they have been waiting on a particular component which he says will be in today or Monday. As soon as that part comes in I was told all backorders would be shipped out by the end of next week!

Woohoo light at the end of the tunnel after all this time waiting:D

Hey everyone good news today! I finally got a response from Keri over at Rotorpixel indicating that they have been waiting on a particular component which he says will be in today or Monday. As soon as that part comes in I was told all backorders would be shipped out by the end of next week!

Glad he got back to you Mike !!! Where he might not be to swift on replying he makes up with his product ! :)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
I have no doubt there:). Between you and Porky I've heard northing but great stuff.

I think I bugged the hell out of every which way to Sunday and that phone number you gave me for Reefnet which listed his brother Kris Wilk as the contact may have been the last straw :D I left another message there this morning and about an hour later he emailed. Like you said it might piss him off (or his brother) but it got me a result;)

Have a great day and weekend Bro. Back to work for a little while and then I'm going to bind the Tx and range extender.

So pleased for ya Mike, I know you've waited a while for it but so did I.
Don't know if you've already done it but it may be worth starting doing some homework on the RPG, look at YouTube about installing it & setting it up. Loads of advice about it.

Well how I look at it, you've waited this long for it a few more days ain't gonna hurt;)

Theres some stuff on the web site on calibrating it also.

Last edited:
So pleased for ya Mike, I know you've waited a while for it but so did I.
Don't know if you've already done it but it may be worth starting doing some homework on the RPG, look at YouTube about installing it & setting it up. Loads of advice about it.

Well how I look at it, you've waited this long for it a few more days ain't gonna hurt;)
It's almost like Christmas :D But it will be another week or so but no biggie now;)

Oh I have read the whole RPG technical discussion thread a few times and have watched many YouTube videos and plan on doing it all again before it gets here.

Plus like you said I have you guys if I run into any hitches:D

Mail just came and my DJI 4450 props came in banner day it is for me!

Another hour of work and then I'm going to bind the new Tx with the thumb wheel and the RE700 range extender. And tomorrow I'll be installing the yaw switch from J Dot. All kinds of fun this weekend:D I've decided to hold off on putting the camera filter kit on until I get the RPG installed and have messed around with it for a while. That way I won't have to tackle the re-balancing of the RPG right from the get go.

Funny how these things take up so much of our time but I love it:D

@dirkclod
Are you around bro?
I have the Tx bound ok and the FE700. But with hands off the Tx the camera points straight down. If I roll the wheel down and hold it the camera pans up to level but when I let go of the wheel it goes straight down again. Any idea what's going on?

@dirkclod
Are you around bro?
I have the Tx bound ok and the FE700. But with hands off the Tx the camera points straight down. If I roll the wheel down and hold it the camera pans up to level but when I let go of the wheel it goes straight down again. Any idea what's going on?
Hey bro figured it out. All I had to do was scroll it all the way up in the app on my phone and all is good:D

hey glad you got a word back from Keri Mike, I know how I felt waiting for it to come, when you get it your gonna wonder how you ever did without it lol, videos look so much nicer with it.......if you need a hand when ya get it im here too, just say the word like to help out where I can.... alot of people have helped me out on here and greatly appreciated

Just got back Mike . I did mine in here in assistant and here's what mine is set to FullSizeRender.jpg ..
What ever works with yours leave it . You can play with the #'s up top while you are hooked up and see where full up is and I have mine so it does point straight down . Now these are with the RPG so they be different with the stock camera . The bottom # is how fast it pans up and down . Default I believe is 10.

Just got back Mike . I did mine in here in assistant and here's what mine is set to View attachment 27483 ..
What ever works with yours leave it . You can play with the #'s up top while you are hooked up and see where full up is and I have mine so it does point straight down . Now these are with the RPG so they be different with the stock camera . The bottom # is how fast it pans up and down . Default I believe is 10.
When you do change those #'s do hit enter .

Also now with the RE700 you will beable to see farther in FPV than your TX 5.8 will let ya go then we mod your TX with more antennas :)
BaHahaaaaaaaaaa;)
It never ends !!

hey glad you got a word back from Keri Mike, I know how I felt waiting for it to come, when you get it your gonna wonder how you ever did without it lol, videos look so much nicer with it.......if you need a hand when ya get it im here too, just say the word like to help out where I can.... alot of people have helped me out on here and greatly appreciated
Thanks Squid I've meet many great people here you included;) It's about time he got back to me now just another week or so to wait.

Thanks Squid I've meet many great people here you included;) It's about time he got back to me now just another week or so to wait.
Man that time will fly by :)
NOT !!! BaHahaaa ;) It will give ya time to get used to all your new stuff Mike !

Also now with the RE700 you will beable to see farther in FPV than your TX 5.8 will let ya go then we mod your TX with more antennas :)
BaHahaaaaaaaaaa;)
It never ends !!
I know it's endless.:confused: After my holy crap last weekend when I lost the FPV at 900 feet or so it'll be a while before I go long again LOL.

I know it's endless.:confused: After my holy crap last weekend when I lost the FPV at 900 feet or so it'll be a while before I go long again LOL.
Just do it your own pace bro !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119