DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

Thanks Varmint, I loved the unboxing, lots of goodies to fondle, and the carbon black version is sublime. Just not sure what you gain over the plus ? I have no experience of the iLook camera over the gopro, and the only bit I didnt like about it was having to then spend money to make it record video unless I missed something. What do you need to add to be able to record and store your video footage ?? I think in my instance I would be purely interested in video from this aircraft and still from my plus (RAW), but I dont know what I would need to spend to be able to record my video ?

:?:

wattsn said:
pyrophantom said:
What do you need to add to be able to record and store your video footage ??
:?:

An SD card? :)

doh honest ?......would you like to show me where to put it on the H500 exactly smarty pants !?........and no rude words !!

:D

varmint said:
DCGOO said:
I don't know. You give up quite a bit of control over the camera. Even basic functions such as video vs stills have to be selected on the ground. No changing camera settings in the air. I do that fairly frequently. Not even sure you can start or stop the video. It is a sweet looking aircraft though, I have to admit. At this point, though I think I'll wait for the next competitive jump from DJI. JMO

The only camera setting you give up is stills vs video, which must be set prior to flight, and that's vs a P2V. The camera settings you GAIN, are having exquisite ergonomic control over both pitch and roll right on the controller. Video or stills may be toggled in flight by the controller as well, so you lose nothing there. A little reading goes a long way.

The 5.8ghz video down link is strong and clear, much more so than I was ever able to achieve with my Phantom in my urban area. So far I'm very impressed, and I think there's no question Walkera has raised the bar for DJI considerably. That can't be a bad thing, as DJI will simply have to respond by improving their own products.

Not to mention the interchangeable qualities with a go pro as opposed to being stuck with the apparent 5 year wait time for dji to come up with replacement parts

Wonder why DJI has not come up with this what appears a simple GPS task of being able to circle an object with the camera pointing at it as it turns. If Walkera can do it then surely DJI can do it ? Not only would it be extrememly useful to me, but would probably not be too far off being able to do it for waypoint flyers as well ??

Just a thought, and one which is why I have been so interested in the H500 because I bought my P2V and Plus for doing that job, and it is not easy, but the H500 makes light work of it. Now I have the dilemma of selling my P2V with Rotorpixel gimbal (which I have still not flown yet), in order to part fund the H500 or do I wait for a phantom 3 ??

Sighhhhhh

my response wasnt rude lol........ta for the info just after watching Bo's video and lots of other videos there is no mention of how to shoot video.

Apologies if it came across as rude, not my intention m8

Lacks portability.
The black is very menacing. My neighbours would call the police or wear tin foil hats if they saw one.
I do want a set of black props though.
I do like the ability to quickly swap to a go-pro.

I think and for myself at least, I would be willing to stick with DJI and stand by their product(s) more and IF, they were more willing to provide easy to replace parts at reasonable costs. So far, it's been a nightmare and according to many loyal customers. It's hit or miss with availability and pricing of spare/replacement parts. They should also make their products more easily upgradable & interchangeable.

The implementation of OAF (Object Around Flight) using GPS waypoints should be easily replicated or incorporated by DJI's own patented technology. There is no reason why they've omitted this particular feature or have chosen to ignore it, considering the competition.

Anyway, this is only a layman's personal views on the subject. This is ONLY my common sense ideas and thoughts about this particular subject.

I agree with many of you and your comments in this topic.

Mako79 said:
Lacks portability.
The black is very menacing. My neighbours would call the police or wear tin foil hats if they saw one.
I do want a set of black props though.
I do like the ability to quickly swap to a go-pro.

The CF version does also come with black props so you can have those, and yes the interchangeability looks good, and I like the way the cabling ports on the side is a nice touch.

I must admit I am still very tempted by this if I could get a black one in the UK I may just press that little order button....maybe...I think....perhaps.....ohhh **** why is life full of choices and you can guarantee that if I buy one DJI will come up with a sopa doopa phantom 3 all singing all dancing lol.

If i do i upgrade, i might look into something with a heavier payload, something that can handle a Sony NEX.

The turbo ACE is a 2013 model and around 2k without gimbal. Not much is available on the (ebay) market though.
I like the clean/dirty system where the battery acts as a vibration stabiliser.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42JKIdWm1Y[/youtube]

Thinking is the H500 'may' be able to lift a NEX (353g minus gimble vs payload capacity of 600g) Definitely an RX100 which will be a nice option.

Mori55 said:
I would wait and see how everything pans out with this. You never know with a new model.

I know, we have all learned from DJI bugs.....there are a few more flight reviews coming through now so the bugs should be coming through soon.

:?

I'm confident (akways the optimist) 90% of the bugs will be fixable via fw updates so have pressed the button. White not black but cannot wait. Like a kid at Christmas :)

Mako79 said:
If i do i upgrade, i might look into something with a heavier payload, something that can handle a Sony NEX.
FWIW, Walkera is producing an H500 gimbal specifically designed for the RX100

This hexa, as you saw from the video Bo posted, is basically using 6 DJI-E600 motors and has a larger capacity. It can handle the additional weight, which is why it's already getting 25 minutes with a GoPro-class camera, whereas a P2 + GoPro can only achieve 15 if you factor in a H3-3D and the VTX gear.

wattsn said:
I'm confident (akways the optimist) 90% of the bugs will be fixable via fw updates so have pressed the button. White not black but cannot wait. Like a kid at Christmas :)

I want the sexy black number with the whips and the pictures of a sexy bimbette draped over it !

How much did you pay in the end and where from ?

;)

Also what does this thing weight fully loaded ??

More recent reviews & discussion about the Walkera Tali500:

[youtube]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GAMcnDYdmM[/youtube]

One negative about the TaliH500 anyway, is it's forward props always getting in the shots. It seems this is much more problematic than the PV2 series of Phantoms. There is a downside to everything that seems too good to be true. ;)

Here's another interesting video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn1AQSDTaRI[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor