DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

Dirty Bird said:
JWarren said:
FWIW, I read they have a hard time reaching 1000ft before LOS. I just read it, so I have no first hand knowledge.

That is disappointing if true, but not surprising. I was curious what sort of FVP range one might expect with the transmitter integrated into the camera.

I do not like flying out of sight now just becuase its a new bird and expensive.. I can get about 2,000 feet with the stock 200mw setup.. But like it was just mentioned, the real advantage is the being able to upgrade this unit in many aspects. If FPV range is your thing, then get the 600mw immersion setup, which will go crazy distances.. The video feed is zero lag and like I said before, if you see a little static in your feed when flying far away, just change orientation or move it a few feet over and it will clear up.. No need to try and re-connect to the wifi, close the app and all that fun stuff with the Vision+ All the parts are available and reasonably priced, the gimbal can be changed out to support higher end cameras etc.. etc..

One thing out of the box the Tali does do great is fly high.. If you need some fantastic shots of the earth's orbit, then this is your machine! :lol:
I tested this in an safe area, but it will climb to 2,500 feet+ in less than 90 seconds and no loss of signal or FPV. Maybe even higher! I took some great shots up there, a place where the phantom simply will not make it. The battery lasts close to 28 minutes for me so there is always plenty of time!

locoworks said:
thread hijack; could the tali tranny pair with a phantom and give FPV through its screen??
Simple answer, No. Different receivers different frequencies.

The new aircraft from Align are certainly going to scatter the pigeons at DJI HQ !!

They really look quality.....hear the costs are going to be competitive too.......well I have my wallet ready for a bit of a spend, just to see who gets it !!

Competition is great innit !!

Bring em on :lol:

You can control the tilt and roll of the gimbal as well as start/stop video recording remotely when using the iLook+ camera.

pyrophantom said:
The new aircraft from Align are certainly going to scatter the pigeons at DJI HQ !!

They really look quality.....hear the costs are going to be competitive too.......well I have my wallet ready for a bit of a spend, just to see who gets it !!

Competition is great innit !!

Bring em on :lol:

Yea on the pigeons :lol: .

Those that have owned their CP helis know the quality is good but... the pricing is yet to be seen.

Meta4 said:
Can you take stills whenever you want at the touch of a button like you can with a P2+ ?

I read that there's a switch on the iLook camera that has to either be in picture or video mode. So I'm guessing you'd have to bring the camera back to you and flip the little switch on the side of the camera to change from video to pictures or vice versa. But yes, you can hit a button that will snap a pic or start video from the remote.

It is now at $1550, so DJI may have a real problem on their hands, or at least full of unsaleable Vision+.

freeskier989 said:
Where do you see $1550 at? Still same price as always from manufacturer....

I would like to know also.

You have to be careful what you order because there are different packages at different prices some with no transmitter and camera, gimbal etc etc

I think there are a few scammers out there, and some stupid prices too........some of them you need to read carefully as they even give different transmitters in some of the packages. His price doesnt say whether that was for the full package or not does it ? You can get a selection of prices from Walkeras site but I know they are having real problems getting carriers to ship the lipo batteries and only Fedex seem willing to take them.

Mori55 said:
Why would they have problem finding carriers to ship battery's ? Are their battery's special ?

Think the issue at hand is that the batteries should ship separate, so 2 different boxes?
Possible due to fire-risk.

Mori55 said:
Why would they have problem finding carriers to ship battery's ? Are their battery's special ?

Exactly !....everyone sends out lithium batteries out in phones, drones, tablets etc etc and nobody has a problem shipping them so I have no idea why their lipo batteries are any different as they are not fitted the same as DJI or Walkera or anyones are fitted. Seems odd to me.

If its good enough for fedex why isnt it good enough for UPS and DHL who walkera were trying to use.

It does seem strange. My unit was initially shipped via DHL in HK who requested pre-customs clearance (which I paid :( ) only to then be told they refused to ship it due to the size of the battery. Apparently, DHL will only ship LiPos with a max capacity of 100WH but the H500 batteries are 120WH (I may have the actual numbers wrong but the gist is there).

Mine was then collected by sender and resent using Fedex. It is now in UK, cleared customs and awaiting local delivery :)

Which in itself is ridculous, the 100 will catch fire as easily as the 120 will !!!

Truth is the risk of them catching fire is remote at best.

:roll:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka