Unlocking an Area. The Wholesale Rejection of Unlocking an Area for 107 Operations (Geofencing debacle)

Reaction score
Recently I have experienced a lot of rejection when I apply for an area unlock, I was told to update my Fly Safe database and I would be able to fly. I made sure all the updates were done and the firmware refreshed. When I got to the location the drone (Phantom 4 pro) would not take off (even in Class G airspace). Prior to this I would have all my unlock request accepted, I never had a problem. Can you pilots chime in if you have experienced the same thing recently, is this, incompetence, laziness, lack of knowledge of the US airspace or new policies at DJI. Surely, they should know where their drones can fly and not fly.

Recently I have experienced a lot of rejection when I apply for an area unlock, I was told to update my Fly Safe database and I would be able to fly. I made sure all the updates were done and the firmware refreshed. When I got to the location the drone (Phantom 4 pro) would not take off (even in Class G airspace). Prior to this I would have all my unlock request accepted, I never had a problem. Can you pilots chime in if you have experienced the same thing recently, is this, incompetence, laziness, lack of knowledge of the US airspace or new policies at DJI. Surely, they should know where their drones can fly and not fly.
I sometimes find that my P4Ps won't take off if I have a geozone unlocked and I'm not in it. I turn off the unlocked zone and can then take off, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Recoveryone
I will only purchase drones without geo-fencing. It's just too inconsistent, very bad for business.
Or do like I did, downgrade the firmware to a point BEFORE the DJI geofencing garbage was introduced for that model. All my drones still fly.....anywhere/anytime............just use common sense and all is good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl