DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

Kymedic

There are things that are cheaper to produce domestically as well. My first job was at an Australian machinist workshop, and we've faced steeper manufacturing decline than the USA due to our inflated economy, yet this little shop was able to keep going, producing small batch items, because of the shipping container rule (or so I like to call it). If you can't fill a shipping container, then it's going to be cheaper to do it domestically, because the cost of setting up tooling and getting production started is a bigger factor and is more universal than the cost of labour. Stack on shipping and additional, remote quality control and the overseas option can be more expensive.

World economics?

I started reading from OP about this new drone release, and the last page is about deer hunting and how China surpassed USA in operations / productions?

Anymore in this thread about the new drone or can it hunt deer too ?

Silicastorm said:
World economics?

I started reading from OP about this new drone release, and the last page is about deer hunting and how China surpassed USA in operations / productions?

+1!!

OMG that looks like it come with a hot nubile suspender clad nymphette with whips and stuff !!!........does it lol ???

:lol:

Oh dirty bird....does that make your finger return to the order button again lol.....it did me !!!......sex with props !!....looks lush in that colour.

pyrophantom said:
Oh dirty bird....does that make your finger return to the order button again lol.....it did me !!!......sex with props !!....looks lush in that colour.

That bird sure is pretty! I can't even find a place to order the black one.

Dirty Bird said:
pyrophantom said:

If you read all the RC Group threads it seems the carbon black will only be available form IUAS amazon store bu the link provided doesnt work !!

Dirty Bird said:
pyrophantom said:

Watch this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP6 ... nk20264-20

A few on rcgroups, including myself were able to order before inventory fell off. I think the first production run was only 500 units, which quickly disappeared. Apparently carbon black specific parts will be online as well as early as this weekend from iUAS. FWIW, iUAS is a Walkera company doing distribution out of Washington state.

varmint said:
Dirty Bird said:
pyrophantom said:

Watch this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP6 ... nk20264-20

A few on rcgroups, including myself were able to order before inventory fell off. I think the first production run was only 500 units, which quickly disappeared. Apparently carbon black specific parts will be online as well as early as this weekend from iUAS. FWIW, iUAS is a Walkera company doing distribution out of Washington state.

Cheers varmint......what was the package price for that one ??

DKDarkness said:
WOW, you just signed yourself up to do the first phantompilots review! :-D

I'm definitely try to make some flight comparisons. I just hope DJI releases 3.05 first. I know there's at least 3 guys on RC groups that have said they'll be doing unboxings/reviews as well, so if there's nothing up by the time I get it, I'll give it a shot.

I just saw a video of this. My first impression was , I see the motors and arms in the video a lot.

varmint said:
DKDarkness said:
WOW, you just signed yourself up to do the first phantompilots review! :-D

I'm definitely try to make some flight comparisons. I just hope DJI releases 3.05 first. I know there's at least 3 guys on RC groups that have said they'll be doing unboxings/reviews as well, so if there's nothing up by the time I get it, I'll give it a shot.

Well done m8 love the CF version !!

:D

Silicastorm said:
World economics?

Well as a matter a fact it does help those of us who have business's in the outdoor industry. We manufacture hunting products that are sold worldwide and the quads are used for product R&D in the field. We also have an outdoor hunting/outdoors television show and we also use the Quads for filming B-Roll footage for the television shows and our commercials, the quads are used for assessing and surveying hunting lands/food pllots, to inventory our deer herds on managed lands as well as monitor our agriculture properties for growth and irrigation needs. No, we do not hunt with them but they do add a level of technical assistance and assist us in our business practices in the outdoors industry. It amazes me how much is taken from context when others read forum posts.

Dear God, my only point was that I wished that a United States Based Company could gain some superiority in the New Industry of UAV's and offer a quality quad that could perform along side and possess the same technology as the PV2+ or the Walkera Tali H500 around the same price point. No more and no less. SMDH!

kymedic121 said:
Silicastorm said:
World economics?

Dear God, my only point was that I wished that a United States Based Company could gain some superiority in the New Industry of UAV's and offer a quality quad that could perform along side and possess the same technology as the PV2+ or the Walkera Tali H500 around the same price point. No more and no less. SMDH!

your country abolished slavery years ago, chinese children are much cheaper as a labour force. ;)

I think what is needed/wanted is a USA/western HQ'd company with typical USA/western QC procedures and customer service in place. Yes the birds will still be made in some 3rd world sweatshop but the customer service, QC/QA, would be superior imo.

What are the included camera specs on the Walkera? Does $1,899 include a 3-axis gimbal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31