Hay pro, I remember when you started this thread. It got off to a slow start, but look where we are now. :D
I always look for some new post on here.
lol yep!! I have a new setup I'm going to be doing if i win the **** eBay auction! it will be some badass high power 2.4's. Been crazy at work but the boating season rush is pretty much over.. I really want to do some more tests but the weather has been crappy and today we had a pretty crazy storm roll thru. Anyone try any new setups or anything lately!!!??

Dig getting the distance you are now is crazy for stock setup!!! how is signal the whole flight....does it stay strong for the most part?

Reactions: Digdat0
Hi there Dig. I have seen your videos ,and I think you have maxed out the wind suffer. I think you hold the record. It is awesome what you have done. I live in a wifi heave area and I cant get that range on my maxrange. I would be happy with what you are getting.
thanks maxwell, much appreciated. i think my limit is still battery .. but i agree, at 40k, the reception on windsurfers is getting dodgy at best. I haven't hit RTH (other than for power) in quite some time doing these runs, so i think i got a good controller and matched the windsurfers well. I'm super happy. Its all from learning from you guys :)

Reactions: phxbird57
Dig getting the distance you are now is crazy for stock setup!!! how is signal the whole flight....does it stay strong for the most part?
its really good. this last flight i stayed at 300feet most of the way, i hit near a few houses which caused interference, but it was strong. this is 40k out with just windsurfers, right before i turned. i found a really god spot in a valley to fly, the signal just seems to shoot straight out there. but i do have the control sitting on a picnic table, and i dont move it other than the sticks if needed, and C2 for battery. if i tweak it a bit, it gets chopppy.

upload_2016-8-12_19-30-6.png

edit: adding signal score. it was good most of the way

LNx05mV.png
http://i.imgur.com/LNx05mV.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-12_19-29-12.png
    upload_2016-8-12_19-29-12.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Reactions: Procharged97
Who has youtube channels here!!?? I love watching peoples flights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a trick to opening up the ccp's?
nope not really. take out all the screws then use a small flat head to pry the plate apart from the cover. You wont be able to open them all the way because because of the cable.....so i just clip the cable then desolder the center wire and unscrew the ground... Boom! done

its really good. this last flight i stayed at 300feet most of the way, i hit near a few houses which caused interference, but it was strong. this is 40k out with just windsurfers, right before i turned. i found a really god spot in a valley to fly, the signal just seems to shoot straight out there. but i do have the control sitting on a picnic table, and i dont move it other than the sticks if needed, and C2 for battery. if i tweak it a bit, it gets chopppy.

View attachment 62055

edit: adding signal score. it was good most of the way

LNx05mV.png
http://i.imgur.com/LNx05mV.png
What do you usually get for signal score on HD

i had a hot date last night with some wires, the GL300B controller and a glue gun! big thanks to Procharged97 for some cables to make this happen :) I used some antennas from a PC's wifi card to just make sure they work, they do!

jM1TZeH.jpg

T9GxiZH.jpg

9zhcRKw.jpg

TAzxqlN.jpg

And these show tomorrow and i can start to have more fun. Will get some baseline runs I think before i start pulling apart.

1eYAXok.png

What do you usually get for signal score on HD
looking back on my long range flights, its 60-70 for most of them for the overall signal score. this was actually one of my best. I've found a path which doesn't go over but a few houses and doesn't go over elevation increase until ~7.5 miles out :) I'm pleased, we shall see how the CCP's go!

edit: pro - did you see this screen recording i did? this was the other day, out to 40k and back on windsurfers. you can speed it up and see how the signal/video was the whole flight. never once did the video drop :)

alrighty then, we can add another set of functional CCP's to the mix. i literally stapled them onto a piece of wood to line it up and test that they work. full reception from 1 foot, and full reception behind a few closed doors in the back of my house. will fly with them later once i get a proper mount setup. they are smaller than i expected, and they are beat to heck.

C8AfXRf.jpg

Mf4Ur9q.jpg

czQqLPD.jpg

fqP1bdj.jpg

Y3bRYvr.jpg

and they are beat to heck. No Dig there all that way. I'm impressed that you used the stock bracket.I looked at it and put it in a draw.
put some magnets on the bottom of the wood and mount it to the roof of you car or truck.;)

since they are CCP's, I had to keep it true to the name, "cheap", so i re-used as much of the bracket which came with it as I could, and i took a dresser drawer metal slider thing and drilled a few holes in it and used stock screws. its actually really strong, i just need to flip the antennas so that the wires are on the top.

now off to a few test flights.

qN2Xvkv.jpg

BrYD2JC.jpg

vnPFacB.jpg

Dsb94L8.jpg

since they are CCP's, I had to keep it true to the name, "cheap", so i re-used as much of the bracket which came with it as I could, and i took a dresser drawer metal slider thing and drilled a few holes in it and used stock screws. its actually really strong, i just need to flip the antennas so that the wires are on the top.

now off to a few test flights.

qN2Xvkv.jpg

BrYD2JC.jpg

vnPFacB.jpg

Dsb94L8.jpg
That looks d@mn good . Dig

okay, last set of pics for now i swear. flipped the antennas so they wouldnt sit on the wires, this works very well. i got 12k out from my house without issue, was able to fly through some 120ft tall cedar tree's out to 5k easily. need to play more with full batteries :)

1DTNyRq.jpg

WWZnD38.jpg

5TbqmbN.jpg

" i got 12k out from my house without issue, was able to fly through some 120ft tall cedar tree's out to 5k easily." So you got 12k unboosted just run out of battery. Db made it out to 25k so we can compare when you have a full charged battery.

**** man that's awesome!!! I like how you reused the brackets and got mounted on the rc metal handle!!! Can't wait to see some more results!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT