Max so you understand that was Dig that got that far.
Just a double check I got out to 21K with my P2v+ that being on the wifi side. unboosted.:cool:
Have you tried them on your Advanced yet??

Reactions: Digdat0
I have not done any mod's to the advanced yet. waiting till the warr. runs out or I pick up another controller. I'm getting real ancey to do something with the P3a.
I got a controller I will swap you for a couple of worn out DJI batteries. I just want the boards.

be careful testing CCP's guys .. just because you can go below the tree line doesn't mean you will keep signal once you go below the tree line. I was coming in for a good shot on the river running the CCP's, lost connection and RTH kicked in. I almost mowed some tree's :) I was about a half mile out.

be careful testing CCP's guys .. just because you can go below the tree line doesn't mean you will keep signal once you go below the tree line. I was coming in for a good shot on the river running the CCP's, lost connection and RTH kicked in. I almost mowed some tree's :) I was about a half mile out.

Hey I think Db had said something about that. You may what to do a mod to the CCP's. I got out to 4.2 miles with mine with a P2v+. On the way back run out of battery set it down 1.1 mile away and had signal all the way down to 7 ft and there was trees and bushes in the way. I got my exercise that day :cool:

**** dig that woulda sucked!!! Time to turn them into 10+ antennas!!! I don't trust them stock one bit!

So I got a chance to fly from my doorstep with the CCPs, no more low touch and go for a bit :) I went out one way which I usually can't get more than 3k feet with windsurfers, I made it out almost 10k, 9,842 ft before no signal Rth. I went another direction, got 6-7k out and Rth kicked in. Went over an area of big interference and got 3k before Rth. It's definately a gain, but they struggle to pickup connection after lost signal. And the video got pretty laggy after 10 mins, not sure if that's the antennas. And, after 18 mins of holding these, my forearms are tired. I'm gonna have questionably strong forearms if I don't get a tripod soon.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

So I got a chance to fly from my doorstep with the CCPs, no more low touch and go for a bit :) I went out one way which I usually can't get more than 3k feet with windsurfers, I made it out almost 10k, 9,842 ft before no signal Rth. I went another direction, got 6-7k out and Rth kicked in. Went over an area of big interference and got 3k before Rth. It's definately a gain, but they struggle to pickup connection after lost signal. And the video got pretty laggy after 10 mins, not sure if that's the antennas. And, after 18 mins of holding these, my forearms are tired. I'm gonna have questionably strong forearms if I don't get a tripod soon.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
I would differently do the spacers on them. Hobby Lobby 1 sheet of foam. I comes like 1/10 inch thick. I did 3 layers equals out to the foam space square that is in it.

Hey dig you can change out that thick steel plate reflector for galvanized steel you can pick up at home depot. It will definitely shave some weight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

The green foam piece thats in it is way to thick! I wouldnt space them that far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got two "proper" long range flights in this morning with the CCP's. I tried running my screen recorder, but it crashed my tablet halfway through my first flight and i decided not to run the recorder again, but did get some screenshots. This is all unboosted with stock cables from the CCP's. GL300B controller, Nexus 7, DJI Go 2.8.1 and Firmware 1.8 (1.9 on batteries). It was reallly dusty in the valley as well, between local wildfires and the farmers tilling their fields, it was more dusty then I've seen in a while .. but it was 102° yesterday and will be 100° today.

ehEha0B.jpg

FUtXKde.jpg

Flight one: Part 1, Part 2
Part 1 (0-14k feet) Signal Score = 100
Part 2 (12k-25k) Signal Score = 88.5

This flight my tablet crashed from the screen recorder running at 05m 38s. RTH initiated and flew home for a bit, once my tablet rebooted I reconnected through DJI Go without any issue with full bars. It did reset my home point to that spot though, which was kinda scary, considering the bird maintained connection with the RC the entire time. I then took it out from ~12k to 25k and back. The HD logs are in parts 1/2. On the way back, i deviated from the straight line and hit the foothills and dropped down to 150feet at the river. Had pretty much full bars the whole time, you can see the signal scores on the maps in HD below. I was really bummed about this one breaking up and rth kicking in (but was happy as well), cause the battery was running really well and I think i could have gotten my first 30min flight out of the Horizon's.

upload_2016-8-20_10-31-1.png

upload_2016-8-20_10-31-22.png

Flight two: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
This flight I took it out to 40k and back with my hyperion2800's, the overall signal score was 86.8. It was really good connection the whole time, except for two spots where i fly over a group of houses. Below are some screenshots of the connection at 30k+.

upload_2016-8-20_10-34-37.png

Nsx0wkq.jpg

PMsIf4n.jpg

40,039 feet screenshot

kboQYlE.jpg

I got two "proper" long range flights in this morning with the CCP's. I tried running my screen recorder, but it crashed my tablet halfway through my first flight and i decided not to run the recorder again, but did get some screenshots. This is all unboosted with stock cables from the CCP's. GL300B controller, Nexus 7, DJI Go 2.8.1 and Firmware 1.8 (1.9 on batteries). It was reallly dusty in the valley as well, between local wildfires and the farmers tilling their fields, it was more dusty then I've seen in a while .. but it was 102° yesterday and will be 100° today.

ehEha0B.jpg

FUtXKde.jpg

Flight one: Part 1, Part 2
Part 1 (0-14k feet) Signal Score = 100
Part 2 (12k-25k) Signal Score = 88.5

This flight my tablet crashed from the screen recorder running at 05m 38s. RTH initiated and flew home for a bit, once my tablet rebooted I reconnected through DJI Go without any issue with full bars. It did reset my home point to that spot though, which was kinda scary, considering the bird maintained connection with the RC the entire time. I then took it out from ~12k to 25k and back. The HD logs are in parts 1/2. On the way back, i deviated from the straight line and hit the foothills and dropped down to 150feet at the river. Had pretty much full bars the whole time, you can see the signal scores on the maps in HD below. I was really bummed about this one breaking up and rth kicking in (but was happy as well), cause the battery was running really well and I think i could have gotten my first 30min flight out of the Horizon's.

View attachment 62730

View attachment 62732

Flight two: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
This flight I took it out to 40k and back with my hyperion2800's, the overall signal score was 86.8. It was really good connection the whole time, except for two spots where i fly over a group of houses. Below are some screenshots of the connection at 30k+.

View attachment 62733

Nsx0wkq.jpg

PMsIf4n.jpg

40,039 feet screenshot

kboQYlE.jpg
Great report Dig's nice pictures too.
Did you try a tripod?

Reactions: Procharged97
Great report Dig's nice pictures too.
Did you try a tripod?
not yet, the picnic table was my tripod heh. i'm gonna tear the CCP's down this weeken and mod them a bit, going to work on a custom panel to put in and with that, will figure out a tripod setup.

Reactions: phxbird57
I'll be up in God's country ( Iowa) next weekend for a wedding. I have some parts coming in a week and half to mount the CCP's on to a controller for my P3a. By that time weather should be cooling down that I can get some good flying in.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yeah woodsman getta reading!!!! lol

Dig thats a great report!! can't wait to see what it does after the mod!!

Phxbird what you using to mount them to the rc?? I coulda made ya mount or bracket if ya needed one!!

I've been crazy busy lately building stuff so I havent been on as much as I like to but another set off CCP's came in so I was modding them and and making new bracket with amp bracket and all new cables to mount with the 23dBi 5.8. Been messing with the 3D printer as well.

The weather has been crappy off and on and today was nice but really windy and my setup wasn't finished yet!!! Hopefully I can try em out and get 4 miles in my bad spot we go! I'll post some pics in a few of the new setup

Yeah woodsman getta reading!!!! lol

Dig thats a great report!! can't wait to see what it does after the mod!!

Phxbird what you using to mount them to the rc?? I coulda made ya mount or bracket if ya needed one!!
I was really liking how Dig's used the bracket that came with the panels, but I think I'll just leave the panels hooked up to the tripod and just hook the controller in that bracket you made for me. I have 3 longer cables ordered, should be here Monday. I Have new cables ordered to mod the p3a controller. I'll be testing the same flight path I've been using with the P2v+. The one path I can extend it If need be to well I don't want to say :cool:.
But that would need allot more batteries.

I was really liking how Dig's used the bracket that came with the panels, but I think I'll just leave the panels hooked up to the tripod and just hook the controller in that bracket you made for me.
But that would need allot more batteries.
I don't have a picnic table :confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WI.Drone pilot