This may be a really simple/dumb question, is there anyway to do an antenna mod so I can still use stock antennas, just plugin the added larger antennas when wanted? Or, is it an either or situation? Part of me wants to play with some ccps, but I really like the challenge of stock antennas with windsurfers. I have thee distance bug, but would prefer to not have to pull out the big guns all the time. Thanks!

I got 2 normal antaennas 7dbm ( 2.4ghz WiFi route style antaennas) that I hook up yo my moded rc when I don't want to use the panel. But it doesn't happen too often, if ever!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JohnnyB and Digdat0
Hey Dig I think the best way is to do what Ray did. Find an antenna similar to stock then swap out when needed. You can splice the MMCX wire inside the tx but its a PITA and when you have panel antenna hooked the stock will still be too. I don't think I have seen anyone do that yet. If you want to mod the TX I have a set of 6dBi Omni's i'll give ya

Reactions: Digdat0
Hey Dig I think the best way is to do what Ray did. Find an antenna similar to stock then swap out when needed. You can splice the MMCX wire inside the tx but its a PITA and when you have panel antenna hooked the stock will still be too. I don't think I have seen anyone do that yet. If you want to mod the TX I have a set of 6dBi Omni's i'll give ya

Thanks Pro, appreciate it, This is really a great community. I bought a rc last night which has some drilled holes for the antenna, I think I'll end up with one stock and one modded rc. Next step is to find some cables to hookup inside, and may source some ccps off eBay. Although, the maxxrange looks pretty good at the price point it's at :)

Thanks Pro, appreciate it, This is really a great community. I bought a rc last night which has some drilled holes for the antenna, I think I'll end up with one stock and one modded rc. Next step is to find some cables to hookup inside, and may source some ccps off eBay. Although, the maxxrange looks pretty good at the price point it's at :)
I've been eyeballing a P3a controller on Cragslist to do the same with my P3a. I then could hook up the CCp's to that. :cool:

I have 2 spare MMCX cables Dig! You can build the CCP's up for half of the cost of the Maxrange and keep up with it! But you cant argue with the price of the Maxx and its lighter and too me looks a lot nicer!! Let me know man, I have some stuff you can try out too

I've been eyeballing a P3a controller on Cragslist to do the same with my P3a. I then could hook up the CCp's to that. :cool:
There is an Advanced rc on CL by me for $125 obo I emailed asking which model it was...lol I don't even have an Adv/Pro, I just wanna mess with one and take it apart!!

I've seen them in my area for $175. And I did not know if there is different models for the P3a or P. I think the inspires control works with them too.

Yessir...there is GL300A,B,C I believe and they have different power outputs from what I understand

I agree with you Max. DB has proven what that antenna can do and its a great price for what it can do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

**** max!!! How high is that? What type of cable and how long?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey maxwell - why a magnetic base on the boosters on your pole, rather than just running cable out of the end? Is there something to it?

Awesome setup btw. I miss visiting Texas. Used to come to Austin quite a bit years back. Food, people and hospitality were always amazing.

Hey maxwell - why a magnetic base on the boosters on your pole, rather than just running cable out of the end? Is there something to it?

Awesome setup btw. I miss visiting Texas. Used to come to Austin quite a bit years back. Food, people and hospitality were always amazing.

It was the only 10ft cables I had. I can still use them with a regular antenna.

Reactions: phxbird57
Thats pretty **** awesome Max!! Do you have a rf powermeter? Curious of what the power is when it gets to the antenna

Thats pretty **** awesome Max!! Do you have a rf powermeter? Curious of what the power is when it gets to the antenna

Yea I am too. I am afraid I will fry the bird.
Someone chimed in that it can damage some parts, like the receiver on the bird. I dont use it much because I dont fly that far, It gets scary when you are 4 or 5 miles out.
I put the bird side mod on because I dont like it when the video drops out. I want to see where I am going.o_O

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arthurbiss