Anyone in Wisconsin?

Hey Packer. Very happy for you. Wish I could join you. Packer, you never really loose the hesitancy. Why, because you always want to fly higher and farther as you build confidence. Just wait till you send'r out a mile or so.
Do you have your preflight checklist done?

Just as an example, removing the gimbal guard is on my checklist so I don't need this reminder:

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 396
Start a new thread. Ask for a pictures or short videos on how to reinstall the lock. I did a quick search and found nothing. Just my 2 cents worth. I think the gimbal lock is used mainly for "Shipping." You know, just for example, when you buy a new printer? All that packing material you have to remove? Especially the one that keeps the carriage from moving? Well, when you move your printers from one location to the other, you never think of reinstalling all the packaging and the printer works just fine at its new location.
The only time I would think you would need to reinstall the gimbal lock is when you are traveling long distances especially with a back pack. I just hate it when I forget to take it off and I start up the bird.

Hello Guys.. I have my P3 Advanced. I have it charged up and ready to fly. I am a little hesistant to fly since I have never flown such an expensive drown. I do have the Syma X5C and Syma X8C. I have done the simulator for the P3, and it is not very exciting. Anyone else have a bird in the Madison area that is ready to fly. :)

Take things nice and slow. No point in rushing it. :) Seeing that post was on Monday..how have things been going?

The only nice night in the Madison area was on Wednesday Night and I had other things going on. I am hoping to try and fly it this weekend if the weather ever gets nice and stops raining...

The only nice night in the Madison area was on Wednesday Night and I had other things going on. I am hoping to try and fly it this weekend if the weather ever gets nice and stops raining...

Looks like Saturday it'll dry up

Luxemburg area"Green Bay" anyone ever wanna go flying or grab lunch and talk shop, let me know. Always looking for an excuse to drone out for awhile.

Reactions: cmyk22
Greetings Wisconsin UAV Owners,
I am a current Phantom 3 owner, and a retired Wisconsin Police Chief, and a current member of the Wisconsin Chiefs Of Police Association. I have also served as a Volunteer Fire Chief, and Emergency Management Director in my community.

It has recently come to my attention that at least two Wisconsin communities have inquired to see if any other communities currently have an ordinance prohibiting or restricting drones. I personally believe these types of laws will ruin our hobby, or at least make it very difficult for us.

I am curious if any of you have had the opportunity to demonstrate our abilities to your local emergency responders such as police, fire, ems, public works, emergency management, etc.

Have any of you had the opportunity to assist your community with your drones, searching for a missing person, doing damages assessment after storms, assisting with hazardous material spills, etc...???

I am considering making a Facebook Group / Page for Wisconsin Drone Pilots to get to better know each other, share flying locations & videos, and share information specific to our state. We may also be able to share ideas how we can serve our communities in the time of emergency, and make some local contacts in our communities before they pass local regulations that may ruin our hobby.

Please email me and let me know if this type of Facebook page (SPECIFIC TO WISCONSIN) interests you, if you have had contact with emergency workers in your community, etc... I will keep your email addresses CONFIDENTIAL.

Thanks in advance
Jim
[email protected]

Another Wisconsin Drone Pilot checking in. My name is Rene and I live in Central Wisconsin, Shawano, CO. Only had my drone a week but have 30 flights and 213,000 feet of flying time right now. Had a couple mishaps but the drone held up well.

Hello Phantom12014....Good to see another Milwaukeean here....What are some of your favorite places for fly?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl