Anyone in Wisconsin?

Hey Guys, New here, Considering getting phantom 3 but would like more info like, seeing one fly, watching someone pilot one etc.. Anywhere or any events that this could be possible? Thanks in advance.

Dan

Hey Guys, New here, Considering getting phantom 3 but would like more info like, seeing one fly, watching someone pilot one etc.. Anywhere or any events that this could be possible? Thanks in advance.

Dan
What part of the state are you in? If you're anywhere near Hudson, let me know.

Hey Dan - was just flying in Jefferson county today. If you're near, let me know. Warmer is better - I froze my fingertips!
JR

RoadRoque, Thanks for the offer. I'd love to but we're heading on vacation and going to be out of town, Florida until the 14th. If anything comes up after that I would certainly appreciate it.

No problem, Dan. I think I'd rather be in Fla myself. Spring will be here soon enough. Let's stay in touch.
Jonathan

La Crosse

Reactions: flyweed
I sometimes fly in Richland center area. I own property there. Yeah, I'm a FIB!

Bryan here from Beloit, WI. I just purchased a P3 standard last week and recently found this forum. Looks like I will not get my maiden flight in anytime soon with this freezing weather.

Welcome Bryan. Yes, it looks like the Phantoms will be buttoned up for a while. Wishing for an early spring!
Jonathan in Eagle

Howdy folks. Just signed up here. Ordered my phantom 3 advice last week. Couldnt resist the sale price. I live near Howard av in Milwaukee. I should be able to fly out of the field behind the house. Can't go more than a block south due to MKE nfz but north and west should be good.

Would love to meet some other owners around here. Think this would be a fun group hobby.

Bought mine for a couple things. Want to video my holiday lights as well as possibly taking it out to the rifle range to shoot matches and comps as well as just for fun.

Howdy folks. Just signed up here. Ordered my phantom 3 advice last week. Couldnt resist the sale price. I live near Howard av in Milwaukee. I should be able to fly out of the field behind the house. Can't go more than a block south due to MKE nfz but north and west should be good.

Would love to meet some other owners around here. Think this would be a fun group hobby.

Bought mine for a couple things. Want to video my holiday lights as well as possibly taking it out to the rifle range to shoot matches and comps as well as just for fun.
Welcome, I just joined recently and just purchased my Phantom 3 Standard. I also plan to use mine to record my holiday light display among other things.

Welcome, I just joined recently and just purchased my Phantom 3 Standard. I also plan to use mine to record my holiday light display among other things.

Got my P3A early Dec (Xmas present to me :) )

Here is my video of my cul de sac Xmas lights. Used GPS waypoints in Advanced Flight Mode to fly exact same path in day...then night.
Aerial Day and Night (with Xmas Lights ) using Waypoints - DJI P3A | DJI Phantom Forum

I am in Menomonee Falls and would be interested getting together to talk flying or even fly together.

Welcome Bryan. Yes, it looks like the Phantoms will be buttoned up for a while. Wishing for an early spring!
Jonathan in Eagle

My suggestion is don't be hesitant of the cold (while still using common sense.)

I have been braving the cold with my P3A with 8 flights in 2016 for a total of 102 minutes (flew yesterday at 20 degrees, but skipped today at Zero degrees).

I have been following the recommendations found on this forum. Namely, always start with a fully charged and "warm" battery (flying off my back deck...bring the battery out from the warm house), don't use full stick movements (i.e. do not fly at 100% speed), and don't run the battery below 50%.

Happy Flying !!!!

Got my P3A early Dec (Xmas present to me :) )

Here is my video of my cul de sac Xmas lights. Used GPS waypoints in Advanced Flight Mode to fly exact same path in day...then night.
Aerial Day and Night (with Xmas Lights ) using Waypoints - DJI P3A | DJI Phantom Forum

I am in Menomonee Falls and would be interested getting together to talk flying or even fly together.
Yes that would be great. Unfortunately I have not even made a maiden flight with my P3 yet. Right after I bought mine we started getting the freezing weather.

My suggestion is don't be hesitant of the cold (while still using common sense.)

I have been braving the cold with my P3A with 8 flights in 2016 for a total of 102 minutes (flew yesterday at 20 degrees, but skipped today at Zero degrees).

I have been following the recommendations found on this forum. Namely, always start with a fully charged and "warm" battery (flying off my back deck...bring the battery out from the warm house), don't use full stick movements (i.e. do not fly at 100% speed), and don't run the battery below 50%.

Happy Flying !!!!
You're right about the Phantom. It has handled plenty of below freezing flights. It's my fingers that can't stand the cold!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers