Android FPV Booster V3 with FPV Camera

It's my understanding the upgrade is free. Im trying to locate the track addon.
I added the FPV Camera

PV Flyer,

I don't see this on Google Play? I searched FPV Booster V3 and I don't get any new apps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Jerry

The update is free but there is an in-app charge of £6.84 for the FPV camera which you need of course, thats the charge for here in the UK anyhow.
I will be buying but want to hear some feedback from flyers first especially with the pv2+ v3.

I think I found it but it shows that it's incompatible with my device. I'm using a nexus 7 with the latest 5.0.2. Any suggestions?

Jerry

probably buy it on your phone. then sideload the .apk to the nexus 7.
You have 15 minutes. if it fails you can return it.

Thats the same device I will be using later.

ok i just purchased and took the + out for using this, actually this is quite a good app, however some how I thought it would also show the telemetry in the video that is records, quite disappointed that when i played back the video there was no telemetry embedded in the video.

Awesome can't wait to try this at last! I've been using the V2 app to get extra range when flying over the ocean. Been getting just over 800m on the stock setup with the app, meaning I can film boats normally way out of range. Check this video out to get an idea:

Will try this new version out today, thanks!

ok i just purchased and took the + out for using this, actually this is quite a good app, however some how I thought it would also show the telemetry in the video that is records, quite disappointed that when i played back the video there was no telemetry embedded in the video.
Custom Telemetry Data is for showing on FPV screen, just like other telemetry data. It wouldn't be recorded on micro-SD card.

I never use this app anymore because it doesn't have ground station. There are several other apps out there that have utilized the split screen and integrated it into GS. The signal strength indicator is cool but not cool enough to justify not having GS. I was never convinced it really worked as advertised anyway. I seem to lose video feed at much closer distances than even the standard DJI app.

It should work with non-Plus except the Booster part.
The booster part will not work even with the RE700 extender? I'm using vision plus controller and extender on my Vision. Still no boost?

Thanks

I never use this app anymore because it doesn't have ground station. There are several other apps out there that have utilized the split screen and integrated it into GS. The signal strength indicator is cool but not cool enough to justify not having GS. I was never convinced it really worked as advertised anyway. I seem to lose video feed at much closer distances than even the standard DJI app.

yes this has happened to me too where video feed is lost at a closer distance. But good app and I am sure the developer with try and improve things.

yes this has happened to me too where video feed is lost at a closer distance. But good app and I am sure the developer with try and improve things.
I hope so. To see the split screen and signal indicator in GS would really be cool. Would give you a great idea of you limitations as far as video in ground station. Would also help you make sure you are in the position to get the best reception from waypoint to waypoint.

Skip,

He might be a good developer but he never answered my question. I was all ready to buy and try but no answer. He said in beginning post that he was using a Nexus 7' same as me but Playstore says "incompatible device"? The good news is there are plenty of apps out there and seems like another one everyday or so. Thanks for your earlier reply.

Jerry

Skip,

He might be a good developer but he never answered my question. I was all ready to buy and try but no answer. He said in beginning post that he was using a Nexus 7' same as me but Playstore says "incompatible device"? The good news is there are plenty of apps out there and seems like another one everyday or so. Thanks for your earlier reply.

Jerry
I agree Jerry, I know he has been a big part of the community.
he failed to completely eXplain/answer my question as well.
I purchased the app and the in app camera addon.
I use the vision plus controller and eXtender for my phantom Vision, I was curious why the booster would not work for it? Does it do something to the quad as well?
Maybe he is bust and different time zone.

I thought this developer did good work. Am I mistaken?
I dont know about his other ventures and I am sure he is trying his best but like I said there are several Apps out there that offer a ton more including ground station. Like I said the signal strength indicator is a cool concept but I really have my doubts if it even works. I lose signal a lot quicker and it seems to initiate
'RTH at a lot closer distances. There are other apps out there that have split screen and booster along with GS that work much better IMO although they dont have signal indicator.

Reactions: Skipholiday
If I may be so bold. First, I have no connection to the developer. Second, not all Phantoms are alike in performance. I too have both a Phantom Vision, and Phantom Vision Plus. My original Vision has had the extender replaced with an (RE700 model) other than that everything is completely stock incl. radio.
As an example, not boasting here, but I have used the PVFlyer standard Wi-Fi Booster App with that model and have flown out over 3000 ft. without any lapse of video before deciding to turn back for personal reasons.
Personally, I believe the actual developer may not fully understand the English language, and uses PVFlyer as a go between for him/her, in which case he (PVFlyer) may not have all the answers to questions presented and needs to discuss the issue with the developer beforehand. This all may take time as these various questions are probably not his sole function in life.
I've sent private messages which I have found take considerable time to get answered.

Third, truth be told even the original DJI camera App had issues for some when using Google Play store and I tunes to download, so things such as this may need some fine tuning, but I'm sure they will be resolved one way or another. I don't believe PVFlyer, or the App developer are attempting to defraud any potential customers, or circumvent any such issues, but will work to eventually resolve the issues as are presented in due time. Frankly, if you feel uncomfortable with the App as is, it may be a good idea to first wait for such irregularities to be fully worked out prior to purchase. were my thoughts. No offense intended. :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl