Android FPV Booster V3 with FPV Camera

Reaction score
[Edited 2015/03/28]
Android version FPV Booster V3 (FPV Camera) is RELEASED and available in Google Play with a demo YouTube video. Annotation only shows on iPad and PC/Mac.

Share with you the first prototype test flight of Android FPV Booster V3 (FPV Camera). It was tested with Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.0.2. We have been fixing some minor glitches as you may see in the video.

P.S. YouTube annotation only shows on iPad and PC/Mac.

Last edited:
Sweet! I did not know this available for Android? When did this come out and can be used with android 4.4 ? Is it available now in play store?

The app appears to have great potential, PVFlyer.
I have chosen not to upgrade my Nexus tablet to the newest version as there always appears to be some issues with upgrades for one reason or another. I have found the more bells and whistles the more potential issues with some apps. I've actually found no issues whatsoever flying my early model P2V+ (April 2014), and I'm still using the early versions of the software/firmware and DJI Camera app. just a personal preference. Having said that, I am however looking forward to using this FPV Booster/Camera app on my( 2013 )Nexus 7, and hopefully the 4.4.4 version I'm presently using with that will work OK.
I mainly want this App for distance control as the Wi-Fi Wand will certainly come in handy for those occasional long distance sorties. : )

Btw, thanks for sharing.

Skynet1 said:
The app appears to have great potential, PVFlyer.
I have chosen not to upgrade my Nexus tablet to the newest version as there always appears to be some issues with upgrades for one reason or another. I have found the more bells and whistles the more potential issues with some apps. I've actually found no issues whatsoever flying my early model P2V+ (April 2014), and I'm still using the early versions of the software/firmware and DJI Camera app. just a personal preference. Having said that, I am however looking forward to using this FPV Booster/Camera app on my( 2013 )Nexus 7, and hopefully the 4.4.4 version I'm presently using with that will work OK.
I mainly want this App for distance control as the Wi-Fi Wand will certainly come in handy for those occasional long distance sorties. : )

Btw, thanks for sharing.
There were various issues in previous DJI app running Android 5.0, but the latest version seems addressing those issues.

We target to support Android 4.2 or above. We have been working on smoothening Google Map and Wi-Fi Wand bearing as much as possible to achieve better FPV experience.

We have been beta testing Android version FPV Booster V3 recently. There are numerous requests/PMs to join the beta testing from Facebook and this forum. I copy-and-paste the instructions of "Beta Testing of Android version FPV Camera (FPV Booster V3)" as below https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 2526993891

In order to beta test Android version FPV Camera (FPV Booster V3), you need to own the current FPV Booster V2 as prerequisite. You may follow the instructions and steps below.

1a. When you receive e-mail invitation, you need to Accept This Invitation.
1b. You may click https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... -beta-test and Subscribe to this group. Make sure to subscribe with your Google Play ID (the email address login Google Play Store and purchased Android version FPV Booster V2) of your Android device.
2. Click the link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ua ... osterbasic to BECOME A TESTER after successfully joined the group.
3. You may need to update the current FPV Booster V2 to V3 (as shown below) manually from Google Play if it doesn’t update automatically, or reboot your Android device.
11045418_564423196993824_4868807336211023683_n.png

When you open FPV Booster V3 and tap FPV Camera, it will prompt you in-app purchase of FPV Camera BUT “This is a test order, you will not be charged.” though you would receive e-mail notification with subject "Test: Your Google Play Order Receipt from ..."

For ALL beta testers, please refer to FPV Camera Features and read the instructions CAREFULLY. Most of the features are common between iOS and Android. https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 0313529446

If you want to rollback to FPV Booster V2, you can click the link in step-2 and click Leave the test. You may delete V3 and download/install V2 from Google Play store as usual. If you want to join the beta testing again later, you can repeat step-2 and step-3.

Signed up. I want to try it with the Vision Plus GoPro Combo.
Waiting for approval.
Thanks

Fyi...I was accepted as a beta tester. However, I realized that I was charged for the app. I'm disputing the charge.

I contacted Google and they confirmed for some reason I was charged for the app. You should look into this... something isn't right when you say you won't get charged but you do...

Bigdz said:
I contacted Google and they confirmed for some reason I was charged for the app. You should look into this... something isn't right when you say you won't get charged but you do...
If you check your Visa card, I'm pretty sure there is NO charge transaction. We tested the whole in-app purchase process earlier and confirmed no charge would be applied before we launched the beta testing as stated in https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 2526993891 with a sample screenshot of Google receipt below. I suggest you to read it again CAREFULLY.

10006929_565147970254680_4466119413602761401_n.png

PVFlyer said:
Bigdz said:
If you check your Visa card, I'm pretty sure there is NO charge transaction. We tested the whole in-app purchase process earlier and confirmed no charge would be applied before we launched the beta testing as stated in https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 2526993891 with a sample screenshot of Google receipt below. I suggest you to read it again CAREFULLY.

10006929_565147970254680_4466119413602761401_n.png
I did read it CAREFULLY and I own the v2 app. I called Google and they confirmed that I was charged. So I don't know how much more CAREFULLY I need to read. If you like I will post my refund receipt google sent me.

Bigdz said:
I did read it CAREFULLY and I own the v2 app. I called Google and they confirmed that I was charged. So I don't know how much more CAREFULLY I need to read. If you like I will post my refund receipt google sent me.
I think when you processed the in-app purchase testing, Google Play should prompt you "This is a test order, you will not be charged." I'm unsure why/how Google confirmed that you were charged.

Anyway, all the beta testers received the test Google receipts of in-app, but no one really get charged on their credit cards so far.

It's funny - I did the purchase (and it said I wouldn't be charged). Looking at my log in Google Play it says I was charged but it has not shown up on my credit card. It's confusing but I believe I wasn't charged.

I tried the app today (not in the air of course) and it has a LOT of promise but the map jumps around a lot for me on a Samsung S3 running 4.4.2. On a Nexus 10 running 5.1, hitting the settings gear crashes it. It's tough with so many different devices running Android. Can't wait to see this realized with a solid app. And while I like the way the tilt works, I would prefer to have a visual indicator on the screen as to where absolutely the tilt is currently set. Other apps do this by rotating an icon or whatever.

CyberCitizen said:
mauizoom said:
I have tried to install your app on my Moverio bt 200, no success. I get a parsing error.
Thats Cause The BT-200 Only Runs Android 4.0 Its Biggest Let Down. If It Ran A Newer Version Of Android Then I Would Of Brought Them Straight Away.
AFAIK, BT200 is running Android 4.0 without Google Play installed, whereas FPV Booster V3 requires minimum Android 4.2 and Google Play.

nhoover said:
It's funny - I did the purchase (and it said I wouldn't be charged). Looking at my log in Google Play it says I was charged but it has not shown up on my credit card. It's confusing but I believe I wasn't charged.

I tried the app today (not in the air of course) and it has a LOT of promise but the map jumps around a lot for me on a Samsung S3 running 4.4.2. On a Nexus 10 running 5.1, hitting the settings gear crashes it. It's tough with so many different devices running Android. Can't wait to see this realized with a solid app. And while I like the way the tilt works, I would prefer to have a visual indicator on the screen as to where absolutely the tilt is currently set. Other apps do this by rotating an icon or whatever.
When you open FPV Booster V3 and tap FPV Camera, it will prompt you in-app purchase of FPV Camera BUT show “This is a test order, you will not be charged.” as below.
11082589_565359266900217_6916246307717780659_n.png

You will receive an e-mail notification subject "Test: Your Google Play Order Receipt from ...", and a FPV Camera transaction is shown under Google Play > My account > Order history. This is part of in-app purchase testing for Google Play, though we don't like how Google Play confusing beta testers. You may check your credit card or PayPal transaction, and you should NOT be charged anyway.

will this work with the Phantom Vision is the extender is the RE700? or does the quad have to be the Vision plus? I have two quads the Vision and the Vision Plus is why I ask. Thanks

Hi PVFlyer, i already own the v2 version, can you tell me how much it will cost me to upgrade to the version 3?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr