No FPV?

Reaction score
The Issue/problem is that I'm getting NO FPV VIDEO!

I have had this Exact same problem in the past & was able to fix it with the use of a NEW Memory Card....Not this time..not so lucky!

As you can see from the photo on the bottom of this post, EVERYTHING works great EXCEPT No FPV Video?? Now I'm guessing that the FPV Booster App that I tried doesn't register anything due to this issue?? IDK but for that sharp troubleshooter I thought this might be a helpful clue??
I do have a FPVLR stage IV upgrade...And I am using the "1.0.48" DJI App/I'm running the 3.8 fimware

***NOTE: I spent 3 hours researching this ISSUE & found that I am not alone, there are dozens of folks with the EXACT problem!! However I have done all the fixes that I found.... Including the ARCTIC SILVER SHIELD Treatment of the WiFi Module due to the item mentioned In the RC Groups.com site it states that the WiFi Module is poorly heatsinked!!----they recommended having the Arctic Shield Treatment done..as I have...
I'm actually embarrassed to say how much I have spent on this platform, including PROFESSIONALS doing all the work! (I'm not saying that the guys who did my work caused the issue), and when I want to use it for my first huge deal...yeah :x :x

I tried the following;

a. 4 different SD cards (this has been the fix in the past when it did the exact same thing) 1 of which is a Samsung 32-EVO Class10 I reset
b. Tried all six (6) different P2V+ batteries all fully charged 2 are the brand new type & the other 3 are the older types
c. Tried 4 different machines Iphone4s Ipad-mini-Moverio Bt-200-Android 7" I read that the newer iphone firmware upgrades were an issue, so thats why I tried out the Moverio & my other 7" Cheap/Android (no dice)
d. Tried different viewing settings for FPV
e. Checked & recharged all batteries for the Tx (I have the new V3 TX)
** BYW: My Flytrex works perfectly...

I don't know what else to try??
Now EVERYTHING continues to work except the FPV on screen? The Video camera & Still camera will shoot & record?? All the Telemetry works fine? The only thing that is not functioning is the FPV???

Any Pro-active help or suggestions is much appreciated!!

Moose

The photo on the bottom shows you what I'm seeing with the DJI app ...it just keeps showing that twirling center... But never kicks in? The photo directly underneath is from the FPV Booster App?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 638
Things I would check is the connectors going into the camera and specifically the pins are locked down fully.

If that is ok at both ends then i would suspect the wifi module.

There were reports some months back about them burning up due to poor thermal protection.

The new v3 has venting holes in its lid and better thermal protection.

robinb said:
Things I would check is the connectors going into the camera and specifically the pins are locked down fully.

There were reports some months back about them burning up due to poor thermal protection.

Thats correct.
Some times you can see telemetry if the wifi module is broken.
Transmitting telemetry but no video.
Moose if you need a other one, you want the new one :cool:
See the difference :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 613
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 633
M.Tigelaar said:
robinb said:

Thats correct.
See the difference :

Hey I am so thankful I'm getting some feedback on this...I had the WIFI Module treated with ARCTIC SILVER & a guy named Jeremy James (well known for working on these) went through my entire system & fixed or upgraded all the problem areas as you mentioned...Now when you say to check the connectors? Do you mean from the inside or the gray leads on the outside? And when you say "PINS" fully locked down could you be more specific?

Again I'm really appreciate your help!

Moose

The grey wires that come out of drone and go to the top of camera circuit board.

Check the wires are pushed fully into its connector.

Check both ends

Yes, the right one is for the video.
You also can test it with a external video source.
Direct on the wifi module inside or like the picture here.
(You need only the two right wires)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 610
You are not alone, have exactly the same issue! Using iPad mini with retina display and booth the DJI app as well as FPV flyers app have the same result, no video on screen. Recording to card works just fine. Have used my Phantom V2+ since it first came out without problems but all of a sudden this happen (just updated firmware and after that it started) do think it is the wifi unit so will see when the new unit comes in later next week. At the same time as the video disappeared my GPS indication (number of sats) also disappeared from the screen but all other telemetry is working.

OK the only thing left I could do that I hadn't tried was "Rebinding/resetting" the WIFI Ext... So now my problems have gone from bad to "Ridiculously FUBAR"! I went through the steps in binding and when it gets to the part where you put the QR Code from the side of your P2V+ box I get the following: (see pic below)
So now nothing works?
Anyone familiar with this? I'm sure I goofed somehow with the binding process, I watched an hour of video & read another 30 min's and have tried to bind about 15 times with no luck!
I really would love to get this working....

Truly appreciate any help!!!

Moose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 581
Moose said:
OK the only thing left I could do that I hadn't tried was "Rebinding/resetting" the WIFI Ext... So now my problems have gone from bad to "Ridiculously FUBAR"! I went through the steps in binding and when it gets to the part where you put the QR Code from the side of your P2V+ box I get the following: (see pic below)
So now nothing works?
Anyone familiar with this? I'm sure I goofed somehow with the binding process, I watched an hour of video & read another 30 min's and have tried to bind about 15 times with no luck!
I really would love to get this working....

Truly appreciate any help!!!

Moose

Hi Moose,
First thing I tried was to rebind without any changes, so no impact.
I just hit the reset button on the wifi extender, then opened the app and went to settings/binding and entered the last 6 numbers/letters from the MAC address, don't forget to hit the blue check mark when done. Last thing just rebooted everything and all was working except no change in the lack of video.

Edit: am I correct in assuming that you can't even enter anything/have no access to fill in the code?

Hi Moose,
I just hit the reset button on the wifi extender, then opened the app and went to settings/binding and entered the last 6 numbers/letters from the MAC address, don't forget to hit the blue check mark when done. Last thing just rebooted everything and all was working except no change in the lack of video.

Edit: am I correct in assuming that you can't even enter anything/have no access to fill in the code?[/quote]

Hey Thanks so much for your help..(sounds like your in the same boat as me) Anyway I was able to do the last numbers and ck off that blue box ok, but when I tried to do the actual reset using the QR scan(No -go) like in the photo..That is different right?? Because now I don't get anything..where as before I was getting everything except the FPV?? Makes me crazy with all the hours of study & $$$$ I've put into this deal (5k) and I still have these issues that jam me up...I feel sorry for the folks just getting into this...learning curve is nuts..moving target!

Moose

Moose said:
Hi Moose,

Edit: am I correct in assuming that you can't even enter anything/have no access to fill in the code?

Hey Thanks so much for your help..(sounds like your in the same boat as me) Anyway I was able to do the last numbers and ck off that blue box ok, but when I tried to do the actual reset using the QR scan(No -go) like in the photo..That is different right?? Because now I don't get anything..where as before I was getting everything except the FPV?? Makes me crazy with all the hours of study & $$$$ I've put into this deal (5k) and I still have these issues that jam me up...I feel sorry for the folks just getting into this...learning curve is nuts..moving target!

Moose
[/quote]

Never tried the scanning of the code just entered the last 6 numbers/letters in the mac address and hit the check mark. That worked for me. All is the same after reset but no video and also no GPS indication in the app. Not sure if this is just a fluke/related or if I also have a bad gps board. Have to wait for my new wifi unit to try.
Hope you get access to the binding so at least you are back where you where, kind of hard to trouble shoot if that is out as well. Not sure if you tried to enter the numbers only without the scanning, just in case there is a problem with the label. The correct mac address to the wifi unit is also on top of your wifi unit inside the phantom. Have you done any changes to the network?

As a suggestion, seeing how you probably don't have the necessary equipment to diagnose the issue, start by trying the basics steps which have been already suggested.
1. Open up the shell so as to examine the internal connections. There is youtube info. regarding specific connections which need to be checked. Eg. where the external Wi-Fi antenna cables plug into the Wi-Fi video Tx module for one. as well as the surety of the external connections on the antennas themselves of your upgraded antenna system on you Phantom, again just as a precaution. If I understood correctly you said that you have upgraded the antenna systems on the bird as well as the repeater.
2. Ck the Gray multi wire ribbon cables leading down into the board just above the camera and below the camera support bracket as previously mentioned. Some have suggested unplug carefully and re-plug back into its connector to reset.
3. You may also want to download a free Wi-Fi analyzer app to the device you are using as it will give you some indication as to the signal strength if any you are receiving in relation to your Wi-Fi mac address. Very helpful in determining signal strength.
4. You may want to simply scan or manually enter the last (6) digits/letters of the QR code located on the bottom of the camera itself when attempting to re link up everything. There are extenuating circumstances when the QR code on the box will not work, but I'd rather not go into that at this point.
5. When all else fails, you may simply need to purchase another Wi-Fi transmitter module as suggested, unless you can get access to a module to conduct further testing of the issue.

POI, It also may boil down to a firmware/camera app compatibility issue, but can't say for certain.
Hope this info. is of some help to you. Best of luck!

Moose,
I has Reading somwhere that you must bind in certain period of time because the transmitter switsing itself off if there is no binding after some time. ;)
Try to bind after new restart of everything .

Moose said:
M.Tigelaar said:
robinb said:

Thats correct.
See the difference :

Hey I am so thankful I'm getting some feedback on this...I had the WIFI Module treated with ARCTIC SILVER & a guy named Jeremy James (well known for working on these) went through my entire system & fixed or upgraded all the problem areas as you mentioned...Now when you say to check the connectors? Do you mean from the inside or the gray leads on the outside? And when you say "PINS" fully locked down could you be more specific?

Moose

Lee, lets be sure to tell everyone that you flew it for a month and a half and everything worked until you did the update ;) Your wifi could have been on the way out before I got it. But I heat sinked it and yours would be the first failed heat sinked unit I have done. The last update has killed several here on the forum. I had one sent to me that required rebind.

You had a brief hiccup after the 7th flight where you had a bad Micro SD card and had to change that out and then it worked great for month and a half.
My work is impeccable. :geek:

The guys are referencing the grey wire plugs on the top of the gimbal and make sure they are fully plugged into the gimbal. If you cant get the rebind to work and everything is fully updated send it on in. I will not update anyones Phantom, to many issues with updates. I have version 3 wifi unit in stock. Maybe you should consider the Inspire?

Jeremy James

burlbark said:
Moose said:

Moose

Lee, lets be sure to tell everyone that you flew it for a month and a half and everything worked until you did the update ;) Your wifi could have been on the way out before I got it. But I heat sinked it and yours would be the first failed heat sinked unit I have done. The last update has killed several here on the forum. I had one sent to me that required rebind.

You had a brief hiccup after the 7th flight where you had a bad Micro SD card and had to change that out and then it worked great for month and a half.
My work is impeccable. :geek:

The guys are referencing the grey wire plugs on the top of the gimbal and make sure they are fully plugged into the gimbal. If you cant get the rebind to work and everything is fully updated send it on in. I will not update anyones Phantom, to many issues with updates. I have version 3 wifi unit in stock. Maybe you should consider the Inspire?

Jeremy James
Lee's FPV is still out, more than likely an update caused it. Possibly the the version 1/2 wifi has died. I don't think my work caused any issues. My above posts seems to have hit a nerve as Lee has spent allot of time and money with me and 2 other shops that I know of. No offense was intended by me mentioning the Inspire, I just figure if you have $5k to throw at the Vision you could have a much better platform if you bought the Inspire.

Moose, this is Hani.
with all due respect I hope you are not trying to throw burlbark aka Jeremy James under the bus about this as I feel
when I am reading this post that it would be his fault about the troubles you are having with the bird right now.

Jeremy is my biggest competition in this business but when respect is due then respect needs to be given.
He has helped and resolved 100's of people and issues when it comes to this sport / hobby and he possesses
knowledge that some people would have to go to school for 10 years to get to his "beginners level".

What I am trying to say is that I have no doubt that he took care of you just like his flawless reputation is speaking about him
and if you had the bird back and flew it for more than twice successfully you are on your own after that, specially if you
did some modification on it yourself like updating the firmware and such.

No disrespect Moose. you know I helped you a lot too but this is the nature of this hobby.
I would trust Jeremy with my own birds and then some and nobody touches my remote but he knows his stuff and I learned that first hand from him.

Hani

hunch said:
Moose, this is Hani.
with all due respect I hope you are not trying to throw burlbark aka Jeremy James under the bus about this as I feel
when I am reading this post that it would be his fault about the troubles you are having with the bird right now.

Jeremy is my biggest competition in this business but when respect is due then respect needs to be given.
He has helped and resolved 100's of people and issues when it comes to this sport / hobby and he possesses
knowledge that some people would have to go to school for 10 years to get to his "beginners level".

What I am trying to say is that I have no doubt that he took care of you just like his flawless reputation is speaking about him
and if you had the bird back and flew it for more than twice successfully you are on your own after that, specially if you
did some modification on it yourself like updating the firmware and such.

No disrespect Moose. you know I helped you a lot too but this is the nature of this hobby.
I would trust Jeremy with my own birds and then some and nobody touches my remote but he knows his stuff and I learned that first hand from him.

Hani

Hi,
I want to be perfectly clear when I say that I am finding no blame in any of the repairs that JJ did on my P2V+. If you read all my posts all I did was state facts of what I had done so that someone who has had the EXACT same treatments,upgrades,repairs,ect...done to their Drone .. could maybe help diagnose the problem I am having with my Drone?? I personally feel that Hani & J. James are the LEADERS in the drone repair Biz... OK folks....
Moose

PS: HAni U have a PM....

Lee's FPV is still out, more than likely an update caused it. Possibly the the version 1/2 wifi has died. I don't think my work caused any issues. My above posts seems to have hit a nerve as Lee has spent allot of time and money with me and 2 other shops that I know of. No offense was intended by me mentioning the Inspire, I just figure if you have $5k to throw at the Vision you could have a much better platform if you bought the Inspire.

Why thank you Capt Obvious... ;) purchased 90% of everything before the Inspire came out. But I am buying one of those also, however I'm going to wait for at least a years worth of watching it in action....
WHERE DOES 5K GO IN A P2V+ PLATFORM??
P2V+-$1300.00+
6 Batteries $1000+
FPVLR Level IV Any Upgrade $700+
Moverio BT-200 $700.00
Custom carry cases- $250.00
Upgrade V-3 Tx & other items- $150+
Fly-Trex Live 3g Black Box-$200.00
Custom Hydro Dip shell & legs,Custom LED Lights,Custom Install with upgraded treatments, safety devices for Gimbel & Camera ect,(plus a ton of **** I can't recall at the moment) approx $1000+
Gets there quick doesn't it!!!!
M

Moose said:

Why thank you Capt Obvious... ;) purchased 90% of everything before the Inspire came out. But I am buying one of those also, however I'm going to wait for at least a years worth of watching it in action....
WHERE DOES 5K GO IN A P2V+ PLATFORM??
P2V+-$1300.00+
6 Batteries $1000+
FPVLR Level IV Any Upgrade $700+
Moverio BT-200 $700.00
Custom carry cases- $250.00
Upgrade V-3 Tx & other items- $150+
Fly-Trex Live 3g Black Box-$200.00
Custom Hydro Dip shell & legs,Custom LED Lights,Custom Install with upgraded treatments, safety devices for Gimbel & Camera ect,(plus a ton of **** I can't recall at the moment) approx $1000+
Gets there quick doesn't it!!!!
M

I agree, let them work the bugs out the thing for at least 2 iterations. No doubt you love your bird and really enjoy flying.

It frazzles me things dont work as advertized or become intermittent. I will be in touch with Hani if you send it to him and hopefully it will be an obvious issue.

Jeremy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie