Anyone still use FPV Booster app with their V3?

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone use the FPV Booster app nowadays? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uas.project.fpvboosterbasic&hl=en I see its now been updated since i used it last year with a "smart boost" feature too, i read somewhere that someone stopped using it because they blame it for frying the wifi unit in their phantom due to too much power output? I used it on my V2 with fpvlr stage 2 kit last year with no problems, not sure if it improved range though as i never really tested it, many success stories were in the forum though.
Would be good to know if anyone uses this app especially on the V3 version.
Thanks

I have it and tried using it yesterday. It would not connect to the phantom even though it would show the correct wifi on the home screen. Also when it finally connected it would only show 4 satellites compared to the dji app that had 7. I tried multiple times to get it to work and finally gave up in fear of loosing my copter.

I really wanted it .to work since I finally had good weather to fly and wanted to test out Tony's work on my stage 2 antenna.

Not sure what the problem is with the app I looked for any upgrades and restarted the phone but still didn't work so I gave up.

I am currently running FPV Booster App with my V3. So far so good. I love the logging.

The new features in the V3 app looks great PVFlyer, i will try the old V2 version on my new copter when it arrives tomorrow as i never had any issues with my old pv2+ last year. I use the android version and will let you know how i get on. :D

PVFlyer said:
There are many new features in FPV Booster V3 for iOS, and Android version will be available shortly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0XHXInuYI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLxJSIjYtE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryQb--iZMs[/youtube]

Hi PF-Flyer,

First of all I want to Complement & Thank You for the BEST demo I have seen for this App! I bought the App weeks ago, but have been apprehensive with using it due to the confusion I got after reading the App's instructions. However your X3 video's have given me some needed confidence in attempting its use. I do have just a few questions regarding your videos though??... What type of program are you using for the "TEXT Inserts" & the "8X Speed"?? And why didn't your video of the "Waypoints Set" in that Star pattern (very cool BTW) only show that your Drone went in a STRAIGHT LINE rather than the cool Star pattern?

Again great instructional Post! Much Thanks, it's folks like you that truly make this site a Winner!!

Moose

Moose said:
Hi PF-Flyer,

First of all I want to Complement & Thank You for the BEST demo I have seen for this App! I bought the App weeks ago, but have been apprehensive with using it due to the confusion I got after reading the App's instructions. However your X3 video's have given me some needed confidence in attempting its use. I do have just a few questions regarding your videos though??... What type of program are you using for the "TEXT Inserts" & the "8X Speed"?? And why didn't your video of the "Waypoints Set" in that Star pattern (very cool BTW) only show that your Drone went in a STRAIGHT LINE rather than the cool Star pattern?

Again great instructional Post! Much Thanks, it's folks like you that truly make this site a Winner!!

Moose
The text in the video is YouTube annotations. YouTube annotation only shows on iPad and PC/Mac. Speed X8 was edited by Windows Movie Maker, and it's free.

The star pattern consists of multiple straight lines and turns. FPV Camera shows live video feed and map location of the quad during waypoint flight. If you watch till the end of the video, Flight Tracker shows the star pattern and telemetry data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues