New FPV Camera (FPV Booster) for iOS

FPVFlyer:
Thank you for your suggestion but the remains of my Phantom is en-route to be assessed and possibly repaired. If and when it returns I choose not to test it with DJI batteries as 2 of the 3 I have failed with less than 50 flights. Anyone have any experience with non DJI batteries?

FPVFlyer:
Thank you for your suggestion but the remains of my Phantom is en-route to be assessed and possibly repaired. If and when it returns I choose not to test it with DJI batteries as 2 of the 3 I have failed with less than 50 flights. Anyone have any experience with non DJI batteries?

Some long range flyers use Limefuel batteries (5400mAh or 6000mAh). I heard them performing well, though I haven't used them. http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacement-Quadcopter-including-Compatible/dp/B00QR10588

11206673_579706122132198_8458483507281166535_o.jpg

Possibly a total noob question since, well, I am a noob. With all the talks of flyaways/crashes and DJI requiring proof (usually), wouldn't the flight tracker be of use in showing DJI what the pilot what doing prior to the incident/crash? It would be great to have a black box of sorts that records telemetry AND pilot input that could provide support to the pilots that truly were not at fault.

On the other hand, if this does not do that and something else does, please advise.

Possibly a total noob question since, well, I am a noob. With all the talks of flyaways/crashes and DJI requiring proof (usually), wouldn't the flight tracker be of use in showing DJI what the pilot what doing prior to the incident/crash? It would be great to have a black box of sorts that records telemetry AND pilot input that could provide support to the pilots that truly were not at fault.

On the other hand, if this does not do that and something else does, please advise.
There are many incidents that Flight Tracker logged Phantom flyaways (mainly due to GPS errors) as evidences showing to DJI, such as https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-...e-flyaway-of-phantom-2-vision/552946811474796. I think DJI knows well of this issues for months (even years), but it seems no easy way to 100% fix it.

I have had this app for a while now and I love it. I started messing around with the custom telemetry data and getting them set to what I want and what I think would be important to have in case of a bad event. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should have? Is there any one setting that is a must? Here is what I have right now.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436039066.619005.jpg

I have had this app for a while now and I love it. I started messing around with the custom telemetry data and getting them set to what I want and what I think would be important to have in case of a bad event. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should have? Is there any one setting that is a must? Here is what I have right now. View attachment 23888
That depends on how you want to fly and shoot.

For long range flyers, they usually watch closely on Wi-Fi signal strength (dBm) and Wi-Fi Wand to ensure they aim their quads properly. For flying in cold winter, you may want to check battery temperature. If you shoot photo and often change image format between JPEG and RAW, you may want to show photo format. Just a few hints.

I've just had to reinstall IOS on my iPhone 6 (was on ios 9 beta but too many issues) and now the app is asking me to purchase the flight tracker feature... I have already purchased this along with the FPV camera so why is it asking me again? I click the "restore purchases" but it's only restored the FPV camera and NOT the flight tracker.

What should I do?

I've just had to reinstall IOS on my iPhone 6 (was on ios 9 beta but too many issues) and now the app is asking me to purchase the flight tracker feature... I have already purchased this along with the FPV camera so why is it asking me again? I click the "restore purchases" but it's only restored the FPV camera and NOT the flight tracker.

What should I do?
Please refer to About > FPV Camera > FAQ - "Q2. If I purchase FPV Camera on one device, do I need to purchase again on another device with the same iTunes account (Apple ID)?

NO. There are 2 ways to achieve this.
(1) Use "Restore In-App Purchase" function in About tab.
(2) Occasionally, "Restore In-App Purchase" option might not work well. You may go ahead to re-purchase it with the same Apple ID, and Apple would NOT charge you. When you tap FPV Camera tab, you will be prompted “Do you want to purchase FPV Camera?” Yes/No, “Confirm Your In-App Purchase” Buy/Cancel, “You’ve already purchased this. Would you like to get it again for free?” OK/Cancel, and “Thank You” OK.

If option (1) doesn't work, you may go ahead for option (2) to purchase it, but Apple would NOT charge you again with the same Apple ID.

A new update of FPV Booster v3.2 is released today.
12009762_625952307507579_2406742467854247041_n.jpg

What's new in v3.2:
Flight Tracker
• Export/Import flight log to/from CSV files
• Flight log deletion
• Up-to 12 custom telemetry data in flight log for analysis
• Additional flight statistic analysis (such as max/min voltage, current, battery & satellites)
• DashWare profile (for mapping CSV) is available for download
General
• iOS 9 compatible
• Fixed FPV Camera Navigation Map occasionally flipping upside down
• Other minor bugs fixing
11923259_618504678252342_928070680722950477_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hot dog
I am having a lot of problems with your app.

1. Get App Register Failed: (errorCode: -10) open opening.
2. Even though I'm connected to my phantoms wifi, when I open the camera in the app nothing shows up
3. I have restored my in app purchases but it still wants me to purchase flight tracker.

At this point I have paid over $15 for nothing. Can you provide any assistance?

You need to be online before you start the app so it registers with dji.
You need to go through the purchase options again but you won't be charged for it. Trust me I had the same issue and the solution is a few posts up :)

Wanted to install this app on iPad mini 2. Have it on iPhone 6.
Bought Booster...no camera.
Bought camera...for p3, I have p2v plus.
My bad.
For P2V+, FPV Camera is an add-on in FPV Booster app. When you tap "Camera" icon, it will guide you through in-app purchase process. Read more at FPV Camera Features (iOS)
12009762_625952307507579_2406742467854247041_n.jpg

Son of a B. I bought it through the App Store and not through the booster portion.. Why you make it so difficult with separate apps.. Create one and make it work for every phantom?

So they can charge you few times. When you sell your P2 and buy P3 you need to cash again for the new app and InApp options !

I say use original DJI Vision app since this one is too expensive.

So they can charge you few times. When you sell your P2 and buy P3 you need to cash again for the new app and InApp options !

I say use original DJI Vision app since this one is too expensive.

I understand the money issue but how am I supposed to know that going through the app store.. They should just do that for the vision plus and state it in the listing. Now I have a wasted app on my phone that I can't use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav