1.07.0090 FW is now official

Same here, part way through update, gimble went down rather swiftly.

Updated all OK though and I now have a much stronger video signal.

Today had 645m distance and 52m altitude before I lost Video feed ... but control was fine.

Icarus 25dbm mod on CE base.

This was in urban area with digital TV, WiFi, mobile phone antenna..

Nigel

I updated on Saturday before taking some pictures of a friend's house. Was prompted right away and took nearly 20 minutes to fully update. I flew enough to kill one battery, going up to 400 ft but did not fly farther than 300 - 400 ft away from me. I noticed a brief moment where it told me my controller signal was weak at about 300 ft but only 200 ft away from me, but this only lasted a few seconds and didn't impact me at all as I was just hovering at the time. I didn't have any other issues though, and I don't think the weak controller warning was related to the new firmware.

I got 1200m in rural area 5.8 still fine but video was weak the last 300m. I am on CE. OEM No mods

Hi,

Yes, the gimbal goes limp for a few seconds, then powers back up and does the gimbal dance.

I have only flown once so far, but the new firmware appears to be a big improvement.

Rob
In waht way is there a big improvement?

Hi,

Yes, the gimbal goes limp for a few seconds, then powers back up and does the gimbal dance.

I have only flown once so far, but the new firmware appears to be a big improvement.

Rob
It did more than just the normal gimbal dance, but it seems to be fine, haven't flown with the new FW though.

I updated on Saturday before taking some pictures of a friend's house. Was prompted right away and took nearly 20 minutes to fully update. I flew enough to kill one battery, going up to 400 ft but did not fly farther than 300 - 400 ft away from me. I noticed a brief moment where it told me my controller signal was weak at about 300 ft but only 200 ft away from me, but this only lasted a few seconds and didn't impact me at all as I was just hovering at the time. I didn't have any other issues though, and I don't think the weak controller warning was related to the new firmware.
I've been getting the Weak Controller Signal a lot lately. It happens occasionally with my iPhone, but quite a lot with my Nexus 7 II. Perhaps this new FW will help remedy it.

Cool! Now, go do distance tests. ;)

Reactions: Joe H
So many happy people talking bout new firmware l thought for sure l was on the P3S forum. My bad

You ARE on the P3S forum... :confused:;)

After firmware update I have constant signal interference warning. 3 flights all different areas that have previously not had interference problems prior to update. Control seems to still be consistent. But constant errors while 400 m away is nerve wracking. I see a few mentions of this from people who have yet to do a flight. Let me know if that continues. I hope this isn't this firmwares version of the compass error I had with last update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

After firmware update I have constant signal interference warning. 3 flights all different areas that have previously not had interference problems prior to update. Control seems to still be consistent. But constant errors while 400 m away is nerve wracking. I see a few mentions of this from people who have yet to do a flight. Let me know if that continues. I hope this isn't this firmwares version of the compass error I had with last update.

Did you calibrate the IMU like the guys suggested?

I did. First thing I tried. No change. Working with DJI at the moment. Standard send in screenshots of errors step. Betting the next email is send it in for repair. Unfortunately that would make it 2 firmware updates and 2 send it in for repairs. Also downgrading doesn't seem to work with this version. Holding on the tutorial button to bring up the downgrade screen works but says failed to get firmware (not exact wording)

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94