Why you should always maintain LOS

QYV

Reaction score
***NSFW BANNERS ON SITE**
OK kids, today's lesson is why you have to maintain LOS and shouldn't fly "behind" things like buildings. LOL you can totally see when it goes into RTH, points straight at home which happens to be through the building and .. well...

What's really impressive is that the craft was able to recover from the fall, right itself, and try AGAIN to GoHome but unfortunately it was still behind the building and... well...

http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/when_drones_attack

LOLOLOL

Sucks.

managed to hit the building twice, well done

I wonder with all the discussions on the laws in the US on los flying, height restrictions, etc how many post about flying to 1000 feet..want fpv to over a mile, still fly over property and people .....what is it they just don't get? Many of these kind of posts are from people that claim to be responsible pilots. I guess the laws and common sense don't apply to them. Guess what? If you lose your bird..I don't feel sorry one bit.

Monte55 - not everybody here is in the US or flies solely in the US. A flight to 1000 feet altitude or a mile out isn't necessarily unsafe or irresponsible.

Monte55 said:
I wonder with all the discussions on the laws in the US on los flying, height restrictions, etc how many post about flying to 1000 feet..want fpv to over a mile, still fly over property and people .....what is it they just don't get? Many of these kind of posts are from people that claim to be responsible pilots. I guess the laws and common sense don't apply to them. Guess what? If you lose your bird..I don't feel sorry one bit.

It would seem that some people think stupid is a virtue

When seeing this footage and that earlier footage where a Phantom kept crashing into skyscrapers in NY I am amazed at just how well the Phantom recovers! Of course it eventually crashes but it puts up a fight!

With prop guards you can lightly bump walls etc and crawl up walls and it handles fine. I have done that with my first P1 at the side of my work van and other things. Not as fun as just flying though.

fly-catchers said:
When seeing this footage and that earlier footage where a Phantom kept crashing into skyscrapers in NY I am amazed at just how well the Phantom recovers! Of course it eventually crashes but it puts up a fight!

Some time ago i was flying an older V1.1 Phantom was about 400 FT and the battery door opened and the battery slid out and the Phantom went into a fast out of controlled downward spin and at about 100Ft i was able to recover and land safely but i swear i thought it was gonna smash into the ground and shatter but leaving it in GPS mode really helped recover and save my arse!

So yes they are pretty resilient little buggers!

eckoner said:
fly-catchers said:

Some time ago i was flying an older V1.1 Phantom was about 400 FT and the battery door opened and the battery slid out and the Phantom went into a fast out of controlled downward spin and at about 100Ft i was able to recover and land safely but i swear i thought it was gonna smash into the ground and shatter but leaving it in GPS mode really helped recover and save my arse!

So yes they are pretty resilient little buggers!

Had the same thing happen to my first Phantom 1 - the battery door flew open at about 100 feet, but when the battery slid out, it disconnected, and neither the battery or the drone survived that tumble.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl