Will you people stop crashing your P3s into Trees!

Yeah it's good to air on the side of caution and take it slow as you learn the capabilities of the Phantom, and your self as a pilot. And slowly push a little further on as your confidence and skill improve. On a side note the Phantom can handle pretty strong winds in excess of 20mph but definitely as a new flyer you should be taking it slow trying to fly in sub 15mph or calmer while you get the feel for it.
So you get nervous when the phantom reacts to winds and a little less graceful. I've noticed that and it makes me cautious since I haven't flown it in that condition a lot

When learning to fly initially you need to be flying close and well aware of how to control your Phantom regardless of nose orientation.

And my point about line of sight was about the transmitter being in line of sight of the Phantom so you don't loose control signal by accident. That may trigger an RTH and cause your bird to fly right into a building or tree. It's good to have RTH just in case of emergency but it's not something I would rely on as a crutch in case something goes amiss. I could see maybe using RTH for the fun of it while I do actually have a visual and control of the Phantom so if it does malfunction I can at least cancel and take over.
So it is a safer bet that if I have had lots of experience with my Hubsan X4 that I might do well with the Phantom?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl