v1.2.6 - Now flies like crap.

A couple of other app settings that I still have turned off that may be creating problems for you, if you are still having problems. I just haven't retested them yet to revet them. One is keeping VPS off (no adverse stabilty outdoors for me with it off) and turning off video caching (not sure what it is supposed to do, if on, but completely unnecessary), which keeps the bandwidth clean between the P3 and the transmitter and tablet.

As I recommended above, you must first recalibrate the IMU.
Then recalibrate the compass.
Then launch from a metal free area.

It works. If it isn't working, something else is likely going on that is unrelated to the FW update. The process, painful as it has been, has made a believer out of me!

I was already running with the video caching off. VPS off doesn't make a difference. However, VPS on made it amazingly stable before the 1.2.6 update. I can't imagine how it's *not* the firmware update since it went from being essentially a floating tripod before, to being completely unstable after.

I've calibrated the IMU and compass several times. Double checked the level of my table at right angles to the edges, and always careful to make sure I have no metal/RF like my phone nearby when I do the compass. None of that makes a difference for me. E.g.:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Things to try before blaming it all on DJI:

1. Update to the latest FW version on both P3 and transmitter and the 1.2.0 Pilot app on iOS.
2. Recalibrate IMU and Gimbal and Compass again, regardless of whether you are told they are necessary or not.
3. Make ABSOLUTELY certain your launch "pad" where your P3 warms up before flight is completely away from ANY METAL underneath and nearby.
4. Confirm in the Pilot app is that the pointer arrow on the Map agrees with the actual aircraft nose direction before launch. Same with the new Center Point reference in Camera View.
5. Use a clean surface for launching to prevent dirt, dust and debris from scratching the camera lens and being sucked into the motors and gimbal.
6. Hand catch your air craft upon landing whenever possible to avoid prop damage from tip overs and more dirt, dust, and debris from scratching the camera lens and motors and gimbal.
7. Bring your craft back with plenty of battery left to avoid any problems.
8. Carefully monitor the battery cells before launch and during flight by clicking on the battery percentage icon periodically.

Happy Hovering!

With all due respect, and no flame intended...this is retarded.

DJI screwed-up, and they screwed up badly...and all the fan-boys here making excuses for them is absolutely sickening. It's almost like saying, "Yeah, you got raped but you were asking for it..." And as far as I'm concerned we all got raped.

My P3 ran just fine before this last "update" got crammed down our throats, and then like a bolt out of the blue the P3 just suddenly went stupid. DJI needs to make an immediate recall or at least issue a statement saying what they're working on and what their projected remedy is or they need to refund EVERY P3 out there and withhold further sales until they get his piece of crap fixed. I've spent over $5k with DJI in the last year alone and this is ********.

I'm selling my P3 as soon as I can get it listed on eBay and I'll be damned if I ever spend another penny with their ******** company again.

Any recommendations for non-DJI replacements would be appreciated. I'm done with these bozos.

ETA: I'm not selling anything on eBay...I just called my platinum card company and the nice lady just helped me cancel the charges due to a defective product and no seller response/support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brett_Meyer and vhc
Good for you. I agree DJI sucks in customer service and don't give us that BS that is the way they do business in China crap. It is a deliberate decision to treat customers like that. Years ago Sprint customer service was like that. There was an outcry and a bunch of bad press and a new CEO and things changed in a very short time.

Sorry things did not work out for you all. Can we assume that, now that you're out of the DJI brand, we won't have to look forward to any more of your anti-DJI rants?! I mean, there is no sense participating here if you don't even fly the brand the forums are named after.

WellBye_zpsb4f41f86.jpg

Sorry things did not work out for you all. Can we assume that, now that you're out of the DJI brand, we won't have to look forward to any more of your anti-DJI rants?! I mean, there is no sense participating here if you don't even fly the brand the forums are named after.

WellBye_zpsb4f41f86.jpg
Wow...I bet you stayed up all night thinking that one up. Did you make your own Brushy Bill meme or do you just keep that one in reserve for every time you can't think of anything intelligent to say?

Typical, smarmy, empty response from someone with no answers...I expected no more from the halfwits who gladly bend over and say "Thank you, may I have another?"

"Here, eat your poop sandwich...it really DOES taste good, and if you don't like it then you're just stoopid." [rolleyes]

Last edited:
@cleaner1369, you have to realize that DJI made the best quad for the least money, I'm not trying to defend them, I'm too at 1.2.6 and have problems, but if you look at the competition, you get worse than that by default, and you pay more for it, so P3 is the best in it's class even with all the problems. But, when those problems dissapear, and they will eventually, it will be a lightyear in front of the others, you really do not have any choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan