v1.2.6 - Now flies like crap.

Reaction score
So I updated to v1.2.6 on my P3P and I regret doing it. Machine immediately gave me an IMU error after the update, so I calibrated the compass. Then I went to fly it and it will not stay in one spot like it used to. GPS mode is useless. Then I sent it up to 40' and it reported a sonar problem and told me to land as soon as possible. So I did.
I recalibrate again and did a short flight. After a manual lift-off, I used to be able to let go of the sticks and it would immediate stop and hover. Now, it just keeps going up. It drifts everywhere now. Again, like GPS mode doesn't work.
I used to love my Phantom 3 but now it's untrustworthy. Thanks DJI.
Anybody else seeing this issue?

It says that I don't need to calibrate the IMU when I run the check.

do the IMU? full one

Dji just responded to my inquiry with my symptoms and log file.. They think the firmware update "killed my compass". Could be sinilar to your issues even though yours still flies which mine is rendered a $1300 brick

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: AbsPapa
So now what? Is that all they said?

Dji just responded to my inquiry with my symptoms and log file.. They think the firmware update "killed my compass". Could be sinilar to your issues even though yours still flies which mine is rendered a $1300 brick

They told you that the FW update killed your compass? That doesn't make any sense at all. Seek additional diagnoses.

They told you that the FW update killed your compass? That doesn't make any sense at all. Seek additional diagnoses.

THe guy said (via chat app after and hour of diagnosis) that he needed his R&D people to examine it, but he thinks "the firmware killed the compass" I should have screenshot i, but thats what he said. Im going to go ahead and take amazons offer and return it, but just thought id share

THe guy said (via chat app after and hour of diagnosis) that he needed his R&D people to examine it, but he thinks "the firmware killed the compass" I should have screenshot i, but thats what he said. Im going to go ahead and take amazons offer and return it, but just thought id share

Yes. That makes sense. I really don't believe the CSMs are remotely competent to diagnose or solve any real problems that are more serious than the drone equivalent of "check to see if it is plugged in".
Glad Amazon gave you an option.

I sent off a support request to DJI US and to HeliDirect where I bought mine from. I can't believe this is happening.

Does DJI used refurbished parts on NEW quads? I noticed several scuffs on my gimbal when I get it brand new out of the box... now that I have had all these issues, I am remembering these and wondering if DJI is taking broken p3s, repairing the parts and putting them into new phantoms?

And people criticized me for not updating mine. I just have to live with the constant red flag notices on the top center bar that I need to update. Not going to happen !

I don't think it's the IMU. I think the GPS/VPS has been hosed somehow.

Thus why I am keeping my Phantom at 1.1.9 until a glitch-free firmware arrives. It flies great so why fix what is not broken!
All of the cool people are doing it.. That's why. Who cares if it breaks our phantoms, it's the best thing to do to stay current.

Reactions: TopFlyte
Ok. Will try the IMU calibration even though it's telling me that it's fine. Then I'll report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan