Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Old Gazer said:
For those of us using the Trade Craft case there is a nice big cut out on the back side designed for storing the Vision with the battery in. I do believe the gimble will fit just fine if we just put the Vision in with the front facing the back of the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1 nice tip gazer..

Old Gazer said:
For those of us using the Trade Craft case there is a nice big cut out on the back side designed for storing the Vision with the battery in. I do believe the gimble will fit just fine if we just put the Vision in with the front facing the back of the case.

Same should apply for the go pro cases. I have flipped mine around after installing the filter kit.

Has anyone else received a shipping notice?

381 381 381 381 381

Attachments

• hands_twiddling_thumbs_lg_nwm.gif
    hands_twiddling_thumbs_lg_nwm.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 454
gfredrone said:
Has anyone else received a shipping notice?

381 381 381 381 381

:lol: :lol: :lol: (You guys are getting creative)

-slinger

I am sitting patiently, good things do come to those who wait, production is slow, I read the disclaimer and closed my eyes and made the purchase, on the bright side of things..we should all have them in time for the 2014 Summer

MikeySoft said:
LowellD said:
Hi all, this is my first post. I finally have something to contribute. I to share the concerns now of the gimbal fitting into my case. If someone could measure the distance between the landing skid and the front of the lens it might help some of us. I also have a concern of where to locate the FlyTrex. What if we were to locate it on a small narrow platform stretching between the rear landing skids? If platform could be secured, could it work? I'll try to attach two pictures of my mockup.
If the platform works, try not to mount the PCB too close to the compass.

I install my Flytrex internally with very little effort, its completely hidden and works fine. I access the SD-Micro with a ribbon cable extension when I remove the battery...
:cool:

Brew said:
MikeySoft said:
LowellD said:
Hi all, this is my first post. I finally have something to contribute. I to share the concerns now of the gimbal fitting into my case. If someone could measure the distance between the landing skid and the front of the lens it might help some of us. I also have a concern of where to locate the FlyTrex. What if we were to locate it on a small narrow platform stretching between the rear landing skids? If platform could be secured, could it work? I'll try to attach two pictures of my mockup.

I install my Flytrex internally with very little effort, its completely hidden and works fine. I access the SD-Micro with a ribbon cable extension when I remove the battery...

You mean something like this? What a cool idea - I never would have thought of that - thanks for sharing!

http://www.amazon.com/48cm-Sd-micro-Card-Extender-Cable/dp/B007WYRO7O

[I install my Flytrex internally with very little effort, its completely hidden and works fine. I access the SD-Micro with a ribbon cable extension when I remove the battery...

You mean something like this? What a cool idea - I never would have thought of that - thanks for sharing!

Exactly - I mounted the board like this:
flytrex.jpg

I notched the ribbing of the interior shell to allow the flytrex board to slide in, and captured the top below the main board. Cables all fit nicely. A little 3M-VHB tape to secure the microSD piece and bingo...

Brew said:
[I install my Flytrex internally with very little effort, its completely hidden and works fine. I access the SD-Micro with a ribbon cable extension when I remove the battery...

Exactly - I mounted the board like this: http://brewersbylandandsea.com/images/flytrex.jpg

I notched the ribbing of the interior shell to allow the flytrex board to slide in, and captured the top below the main board. Cables all fit nicely. A little 3M-VHB tape to secure the microSD piece and bingo...

Very nice! Me likey! Me copy! Me say it's MY idea! LOL j/k :)

Brew said:
MikeySoft said:
LowellD said:

great idea, thanks. Guess that is why I like this forum so much. Because of all the creative ideas. :)

Thanks Brew and GneeChee and all others who chimed in. This is the type of solution that I was looking for. It's really a clever solution. I hadn't yet installed the FlyTrex board because I unsure where to put it without interference to the Gimbal. Now I can go ahead with the FlyTrex board while sitting on my hands in anticipation of the Rotorpixel Gimbal. Thanks again all.

I'm debating a hunger strike until my RP gimbal ships. That will show Keri and I could stand to lose a few lbs in the meantime.

FYI the hull of the P2 is like a clown car (keeping it PC). You can stuff all sorts of things in there, seriously!

Old Gazer said:
For those of us using the Trade Craft case there is a nice big cut out on the back side designed for storing the Vision with the battery in. I do believe the gimble will fit just fine if we just put the Vision in with the front facing the back of the case

Excellent point! I didn't even think about that.

Brew said:
MikeySoft said:
LowellD said:

Nice. I must have it! A new project to look forward to.

gfredrone said:
I'm debating a hunger strike until my RP gimbal ships. That will show Keri and I could stand to lose a few lbs in the meantime.

FYI the hull of the P2 is like a clown car (keeping it PC). You can stuff all sorts of things in there, seriously!

As you will most likely have snuffed it before you get your gimbal, can I be first in line to take it from your executers ???

:lol:

Order #355 here and just got tracking number.
And paid for express shipping, so should be here in Denmark next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmsound said:
Order #355 here and just got tracking number.
And paid for express shipping, so should be here in Denmark next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no, you forget the danish postal service. They will lose it in customs, charge you $29.77,- for handling the shipment, add $97.25 sales tax and leave it to mature in an dusty room... :-(

- Doing it as we speak, with 4x gimbal motors :-(

Agree with the warning about Customs... my gimbal landed in the UK on Sunday, it only cleared out of customs this morning, but I need to pay the tax and duty on it, and until I get an invoice number I can't do that! I'm hoping one gets generated tomorrow and I might be able to actually go to the local depot and pay it and bring it home. If not, it won't be here until Monday.

It took 3 days to actually go from one country to the other, then another at least 5 until it gets to me!

Pull_Up said:
Agree with the warning about Customs... my gimbal landed in the UK on Sunday, it only cleared out of customs this morning, but I need to pay the tax and duty on it, and until I get an invoice number I can't do that! I'm hoping one gets generated tomorrow and I might be able to actually go to the local depot and pay it and bring it home. If not, it won't be here until Monday.

It took 3 days to actually go from one country to the other, then another at least 5 until it gets to me!

Yeah, that really annoys me... You can't pay the fees online using the tracking number, you need a new number that they *post* to you!!! What century is this?
Last time that happened I emailed and said, wtf can't I use the tracking number to pay online.... The email reply took longer to arrive than the letter...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart