Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Yikes thats going to mean a modification to my nice flight case as well !!

Cant quite see it but is the camera bottoming out whilst horizontal ?

Yes mine has the filter fitted also, just don't want the camera to be getting pushed up when its in the case, might have to put a recess in the bottom of the case for the camera to sit better.

Thanks for the pics very useful.

Still, it does look a very nice piece of kit.

Scottrod said:
GMANNZ said:
iResq said:
For the many that have asked, my filter adapter extends 1" from the front of the skids.

Hmmm .... looks like will need to mod the brand new expensive carry case to fit the new lower profile extension, once I get mine installed.

**** it. Me too. Ugh. I guess I will try buying an electric knife to hack it up. I've seen SOME how-to videos where the foam turns out well with one of them.

Bearing in mind 4 thumb screws, 4 rubber dampers and 2 wires are all that connects it to the aircraft, if you wrapped in bubble wrap, or even got some foam to make a little cradle for it, could it not live in the case between the Vision skids, just dismounted (and maybe on its side)? If you've got a swanky case it's got to be worth the extra five minutes setup time at the flying site not to potentially trash your case inserts...?

Pull_Up said:
iResq said:
Yes, but only because of my filter ring.

Note he's not using the DJI Filter kit - looks bigger than a 46mm you've got there...

I noticed that too. It looks like the DJI filter rig will be OK.

My only concern is I will need to learn to catch my P2V on landings, something I need to practice anyway for boat-launched flights.

I just bought the Go Professional case for the Vision. If you look at the case opened from the side. Horizontal view , level with the top of the props (installed) the case closes ok. At the same view level, the top of the Vision body is below the prop tops nuts by about a half inch or so.
I think with the props removed this gimbal will fit this case. Any thoughts ?

Well spotted PU......will wait until it gets here and see how it lies as I don't really want to keep taking it off and putting it on again. My case doesn't have much spare at that point so less is better.

[Off topic]

Bobomet, hand catching isn't too hard, just do it safely. This is my way, but it's not the only way:
1. Try to have the wind at your back - that way any sudden gusts will blow the aircraft away from you, not towards.
2. Bring it in at above head height in GPS mode;
3. Manoeuvre so that the aircraft is above you on your right hand side;
4. If possible move yourself towards the aircraft for fine-tuning the approach;
5. Descend until you can reach up with your right hand and take a firm grasp on a rearward landing skid upright;
6. Whilst holding on, bring the throttle stick all the way down with your left hand and hold down (a neck strap helps).

That's it. Practice a bit in light winds before trying in higher winds or gusty conditions.

[/Off Topic]

Pull_Up said:
[Off topic]

Bobomet, hand catching isn't too hard, just do it safely. This is my way, but it's not the only way:
1. Try to have the wind at your back - that way any sudden gusts will blow the aircraft away from you, not towards.
2. Bring it in at above head height in GPS mode;
3. Manoeuvre so that the aircraft is above you on your right hand side;
4. If possible move yourself towards the aircraft for fine-tuning the approach;
5. Descend until you can reach up with your right hand and take a firm grasp on a rearward landing skid upright;
6. Whilst holding on, bring the throttle stick all the way down with your left hand and hold down (a neck strap helps).

That's it. Practice a bit in light winds before trying in higher winds or gusty conditions.

[/Off Topic]

All of the above makes sense but misses the most important bit. It looks cool and people watching you now think you are awesome... :cool:

Pull_Up said:
Bearing in mind 4 thumb screws, 4 rubber dampers and 2 wires are all that connects it to the aircraft, if you wrapped in bubble wrap, or even got some foam to make a little cradle for it, could it not live in the case between the Vision skids, just dismounted (and maybe on its side)? If you've got a swanky case it's got to be worth the extra five minutes setup time at the flying site not to potentially trash your case inserts...?

It looks like it'd be easier to snap/unsnap the camera each time, as the rest of the gimbal appears to be inside the skid boundaries.

Edit: Actually, hard to tell from the slight angle of the picture. Looks like the gimbal itself might stick out half an inch.

pyrophantom said:
Well spotted PU......will wait until it gets here and see how it lies as I don't really want to keep taking it off and putting it on again. My case doesn't have much spare at that point so less is better.

I have the same case. It was quite expensive, as you know, and I wouldn't even want to take a sewing needle to it.

I know lol......I have even run out of little cubby holes for stuff already, but if needs must then a little delicate cutting may be required

:D

For those of us using the Trade Craft case there is a nice big cut out on the back side designed for storing the Vision with the battery in. I do believe the gimble will fit just fine if we just put the Vision in with the front facing the back of the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews