Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Agree with the warning about Customs... my gimbal landed in the UK on Sunday, it only cleared out of customs this morning, but I need to pay the tax and duty on it, and until I get an invoice number I can't do that! I'm hoping one gets generated tomorrow and I might be able to actually go to the local depot and pay it and bring it home. If not, it won't be here until Monday.

It took 3 days to actually go from one country to the other, then another at least 5 until it gets to me!

We got rid of Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs a couple of hundred years ago. :)

Pull_Up said:
Well if you will live in the middle of nowhere... ;)

lol.. Yeah.. Mind you Canadapost is no better. The helpful tracking shows nothing other than a little slider graphic moving towards "delivered" since "processed" on 7/3. Expected delivery is 18/3 it says. 11 days is rather more than advertised..... Ho hum.

iResq said:
Pull_Up said:
iResq said:
We got rid of Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs a couple of hundred years ago. :)

Yeah, but you ended up with George W. Bush and Fox News, so what goes around, comes around... ;)

And Justin Bieber! WTH?

Yup. Canada's hockey team beat us at the Olympics. That was the deal ... loser keeps him :(

Attachments

• Bg7rWeJCAAAjdRt.jpg
    Bg7rWeJCAAAjdRt.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 294
They should have used a courier really - we get a lot of electronic stuff from the US by either fedex or dhl and with fedex they invoice you for the customs bit after you have it delivered, and with DHL you get notified its payable and you pop online and pay it and its released, and if its below a certain value you pay on delivery. None of this being held for days bollocks !

True, but the flip side is that the non-State carriers ALWAYS charge you duty, VAT and handling charge when it's due and would have cost more. I have had stuff come via postal services that should have been charged for and it's just been put through my letter box. So I guess I'd rather have the slim chance of getting away with it than no chance at all! And it's wall-to-wall fog here again today as you saw in the "thank you" video so I wouldn't have been able to fly yet this week anyway. Then there's the patience disclaimer I agreed to... ;)

True always a trade off somewhere, also depends on how trackable you want your items.

Still gimballess Mr Up :roll:

iResq said:
Pull_Up said:
Agree with the warning about Customs... my gimbal landed in the UK on Sunday, it only cleared out of customs this morning, but I need to pay the tax and duty on it, and until I get an invoice number I can't do that! I'm hoping one gets generated tomorrow and I might be able to actually go to the local depot and pay it and bring it home. If not, it won't be here until Monday.

It took 3 days to actually go from one country to the other, then another at least 5 until it gets to me!

I wouldn't do too much bragging about the USA iResQ. We've got more than our share of silly problems.

Pull_Up said:
iResq said:

Yeah, but you ended up with George W. Bush and Fox News, so what goes around, comes around... ;)

And lots of folks seemingly wishing we had Vladimir Putin as our leader .... :roll:

bobomet said:
Pull_Up said:
iResq said:

And lots of folks seemingly wishing we had Vladimir Putin as our leader .... :roll:

Putin for Pres? Now that I would pay to see... :D

Right, geopolitics aside, here's the latest on UK Gimbalgate (non-UK users, look away now, nothing to see here).

So the Parcelforce website (which can handle your Canada Post tracking number, by the way) now shows my gimbal "In Transit to National Hub". After a quick chat with Dave at customer services he confirms this means it's officially left customs and that the invoice letter will be produced and posted today.

However, they can also tell you which local depot it's on its way to overnight tonight and if I call the depot tomorrow I should be able to arrange for them to dig it out and I can go there in person with ID and pay the charges over the counter and be handed the parcel! So if you're in the UK and don't want to wait for your customs charge invoice to arrive by post, then as long as the parcel has arrived at your local delivery hub you can go yourself and do the necessary without waiting for the physical customs charge notice.

This should shave a couple of days off the waiting time if you are desperate!

Now then, back to the politics....

JOKING!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119