Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

iResq said:
I'd be curious as to the fees. It sounds like a lot of expense to go through all that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The clearance fee is a fixed handling fee from the Post Office (for paying your duty for you and handling the package through customs) of either £8 or £13 depending on value and service type. Then it's import duty at the appropriate % and VAT at the standard rate of 20% if appropriate (which in our case it is!).

Once I actually get the invoice I'll let people know what rate of import duty is being charged on the gimbal and what the handling fee is, the VAT is a flat rate so you should get a final GBP total for the cost of buying a Rotorpixel and having it delivered to your door (eventually).

Of course if anyone has any friends in Canada or the US who would like to send you, as a gift, their "used" gimbal (i.e. 24 hours old, unopened) bought for them by a mysterious benefactor who had it delivered to them, then you may be able to streamline both the processing time and the final bill.... Although some or all of that may be immoral at best, illegal at worst. ;)

Old Gazer said:
Got my tracking number. 357

I'm 456, still 100 away and ordered February 10th. The truth is I really don't mind the wait, but funny how I got prompt responses back from questions prior to placing order, but after placing order I have simply asked for an approximate date at this point and get no response.

Old Gazer said:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

24 to go! I'll just pretend I'm Jack Bauer on a mission and time will pass like nothing.

I ordered black, how about you geezer? Going covert...

gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:

24 to go! I'll just pretend I'm Jack Bauer on a mission and time will pass like nothing.

HA HA. Gazer not geezer. Although my wife prefers geezer.
I went for the clean look of white.

Which is ironic for a country built entirely on immigration... "Real Americans" are just immigrants who've been there a few generations longer, surely?

Still, the illegals you speak of must have all been rushing in over the years to take advantage of the universal healthcare, free and available at the point of need, irrespective of ability to pay.

Oh, wait...

Don't worry, I'm only messing with you. Happy to debate UK politics with you while we wait for gimbals if you prefer? :)

:)

Attachments

• CanofWorms1.jpg
    CanofWorms1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 282
Old Gazer said:
gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:

HA HA. Gazer not geezer. Although my wife prefers geezer.
I went for the clean look of white.

Oops my bad Gazer. Dang auto correct, lol. Has anyone seen a black one in the wild? Seems like everyone who went white is getting theirs.

BigSky said:
Pull_Up said:
iResq said:
We got rid of Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs a couple of hundred years ago. :)

Yeah, but you ended up with George W. Bush and Fox News, so what goes around, comes around... ;)
We all wish we had George Bush back. He was a good president, and better than the Piece of trash we have now. We'll send our current president over to you, sounds like he would be for you.

I guess the only turn left for this thread would have been toward geopolitics. So I'll weigh in this one last time on this tangent:
"We all" is a desperate stretch. In fact, I live along the most populated corridor in the USA .... measuring in this case from Virginia northbound through New England.
George Bush didn't win any of these States, but the current President won them all - twice.
Bush was in fact not President at all, as one Mr. Cheney indeed was.
So there .... I'm done, and I'm right!

Pull_Up said:
Wow. That was a sense-of-humour failure, eh? You surely can't all wish you had him back or your current incumbent wouldn't be on a second term. That's how democracy works - most people went for the other guy...

Still, seems I've touched a never with the Colonials, so back to the gimbal chat... ;)

Too funny! If only most of us here in the "colonies" had studied a little history, we'd be able to have loads of fun with this.
But .... that's what you get when you've always been taught to chant: "We're the Greatest" .... you start believing it!

How much is a flat in London these days ...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119