Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

MikeySoft said:
Got my P2V yesterday. First flight went great, even in the cold and wind. Anyway, on both sides of the camera it states "Antenna Inside, Do Not Cover". Will the Rotoxpixel and other gimbals interfere with these antennas?

There might be an instance where you will lose wifi signal with the motor side directly facing you a bit before you would otherwise have done with the other side facing you or head on. However I haven't seen lots of reports of decreased range from people with the Dronexpter gimbal though, an that also has a motor over one side of the camera.

Pull_Up said:
MikeySoft said:
Got my P2V yesterday. First flight went great, even in the cold and wind. Anyway, on both sides of the camera it states "Antenna Inside, Do Not Cover". Will the Rotoxpixel and other gimbals interfere with these antennas?

There might be an instance where you will lose wifi signal with the motor side directly facing you a bit before you would otherwise have done with the other side facing you or head on. However I haven't seen lots of reports of decreased range from people with the Dronexpter gimbal though, an that also has a motor over one side of the camera.
Have you seen any reports? Thanks

Geert said:
No reports yet about this gimbal because they just started to ship the Rotorpixel gimbal.
Most of the things you read are speculations though.
The good news is very soon the first real reports will come.

:)

Geert.

A local guy got one and posted on the DJ FB page saying reception sucked and had to pull antena out to give it a Martian look

Sounds like a question for Keri about reception looming ?

:shock:

Don_TLR said:
Geert said:
No reports yet about this gimbal because they just started to ship the Rotorpixel gimbal.

Geert.

A local guy got one and posted on the DJ FB page saying reception sucked and had to pull antena out to give it a Martian look

I went to the DJI FB page and see no post saying Rotorpixel reception sucks?

tedw123 said:
Don_TLR said:
Geert said:

Geert.

The Owners page and Gary E Hilton did a write up

tedw123 said:
Don_TLR said:
Geert said:

Geert.

I'll trust reports for people like pull_up once they get it.

MikeySoft said:
One good thing if gimbals do affect the P2V camera antennas is that it may only interfere with the video feed when that one side is facing you. It should NOT affect control or the recording on the sd card. :)

Pull_Up said:
You might have a long wait, I've got to contend with the British weather...
Canadian weather is not much better :shock:
whiteout.JPG

It looks to me like Dronexpert has mitigated the problem by minimizing the amount of metal directly in front of the antenna. They also use some kind of composite for the frame which may be invisible to RF radiation. The Rotorpixel gimbal has aluminum right in front of the antenna which would block transmisionsSee my post at http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6508&p=67560#p67560
for more thoughts on the blocked antenna. I purchased the gimbal (order 439) believing that I would have to move the blocked antenna from behind the motor.

Pull_Up said:
MikeySoft said:

Attachments

• dronexpert6.jpg
    dronexpert6.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 317
OldFlyer said:
It looks to me like Dronexpert has mitigated the problem by minimizing the amount of metal directly in front of the antenna. They also use some kind of composite for the frame which may be invisible to RF radiation. The Rotorpixel gimbal has aluminum right in front of the antenna which would block transmisionsSee my post at http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6508&p=67560#p67560
for more thoughts on the blocked antenna. I purchased the gimbal (order 439) believing that I would have to move the blocked antenna from behind the motor.

Pull_Up said:
MikeySoft said:

Has anybody seen the final Rotorpixel gimbal? :roll:

Oh that's right, they haven't shipped yet, or should I say, nobody has received yet?

Am I imagining it but had Keri not been on here earlier saying they had not seen any reception issues with the production gimbals ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94