Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Kerranga said:
disjecta said:
I actually find this option very attractive. I feel like it's inevitable that a crash will occur, no matter how careful I am flying and if I have a $600 or $400 gimbal onboard, chances are probably good that it will get damaged at some point. Adding something like this makes the proposition of adding a gimbal a much less expensive and less risky affair.

Can't wait to see some sample footage.

I ordered one and got the shipping notice. I will post results when I get it.

you got a shipping notice for the 3dpower gimbal already? when did you order?

tizzl10 said:
Kerranga said:
disjecta said:
I actually find this option very attractive. I feel like it's inevitable that a crash will occur, no matter how careful I am flying and if I have a $600 or $400 gimbal onboard, chances are probably good that it will get damaged at some point. Adding something like this makes the proposition of adding a gimbal a much less expensive and less risky affair.

you got a shipping notice for the 3dpower gimbal already? when did you order?

I ordered yesterday while in Norway at 2.00AM (so it was really late Tuesday) and got this today when I got home:

"Thank you for your recent order. Below is your confirmation that we have shipped your order. Please review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.

Customer Service
Tarco-RC.com
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------
SHIPPING CONFIRMATION Invoice No. 27

Bill To:
Mike Stewart
"

Awfullynicefella said:
I asked the manufacturer for more information on their gimbal and they have sent me theses pics, what do you think?

Bearing in mind it is only $250

http://www.taco-rc.com/3DPBGP2V.html

Very simplistic, which is a good thing. If you can't wait, don't wait. Seems they have copied the DronExpert connector, but used a thicker cable. If it doesn't interferes with the free movement, fine solution. The cable part of a DIY project is actually the trickiest part, as they state: "Make sure it is powered off before installing the gimbal" (Shorting the wires will fry your controller board.)

Looking at the construction, the most expensive part, the BaseCam controller board hangs on its own weight, by only two holes in the circuit board, makes my skin crawl :) In my honest opinion, the board is about $100 over priced, then again, I just spend $100 on a replacement board, trying to build a gimbal of my own...

I will definitely be re-engineering parts of this. For one, the 3D printed parts are PLA. I prefer ABS or Nylon. I agree on the controller board not being very well mounted.

Can't wait to see some sample footage.[/quote]

I ordered one and got the shipping notice. I will post results when I get it.[/quote]

you got a shipping notice for the 3dpower gimbal already? when did you order?[/quote]

I ordered yesterday while in Norway at 2.00AM (so it was really late Tuesday) and got this today when I got home:

"Thank you for your recent order. Below is your confirmation that we have shipped your order. Please review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.

Customer Service
Tarco-RC.com
[email protected]

Bill To:
Mike Stewart
"[/quote]

interesting..i ordered yesterday too and haven't received any confirmation yet.

Shame they say the colour you will receive will be random, but guess for the price difference you cant have everything ?

Looks nicer in white I think.

tizzl10 said:

I ordered one and got the shipping notice. I will post results when I get it.[/quote]

you got a shipping notice for the 3dpower gimbal already? when did you order?[/quote]

Customer Service
Tarco-RC.com
[email protected]

Bill To:
Mike Stewart
"[/quote]

interesting..i ordered yesterday too and haven't received any confirmation yet.[/quote]

There are two threads for this gimbal already established:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8963
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002

Could you move your discussion there please.
Thanks

OldFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:

Customer Service
Tarco-RC.com
[email protected]

Bill To:
Mike Stewart
"[/quote]

interesting..i ordered yesterday too and haven't received any confirmation yet.[/quote]

There are two threads for this gimbal already established:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8963
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002

Could you move your discussion there please.
Thanks[/quote]

AGREE!
This thread is for the Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision :) :)

Gimbals here, gimbals there, gimbals everywhere lolol

Gimbalmania yeahhh !!

:lol:

Thursday Gimbalmania....

On Facebook:

Our P2V gimbals have officially started shipping! Please be patient as we work through the gigantic pre-order list, and understand that we are moving as quickly as possible... high-quality manufacturing, assembly, testing, and packaging all takes time!

Attachments

• 1977133-web.jpg
    1977133-web.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 351
I apologize in advance if this has been asked ...
But, I plan to use a lens filter on the camera via the the DJI lens mount.
It appears this really impressive Rotopixel device might not aalow my using it.
Has anyone seen any discussion or have first-hand knowledge of this?
Many thanks!

bobomet said:
I apologize in advance if this has been asked ...
But, I plan to use a lens filter on the camera via the the DJI lens mount.
It appears this really impressive Rotopixel device might not aalow my using it.
Has anyone seen any discussion or have first-hand knowledge of this?
Many thanks!

From their website at http://www.rotorpixel.com:

USE CAMERA FILTERS WITHOUT CONCERN

Feel free to attach the DJI filter holder, and your favorite circular polarizer, neutral density filter, or UV filter.... or all of the above! The pitch and roll axes are both adjustable, so precise balance can almost always be achieved.

brushlesheaven said:
Thursday Gimbalmania....

On Facebook:

Our P2V gimbals have officially started shipping! Please be patient as we work through the gigantic pre-order list, and understand that we are moving as quickly as possible... high-quality manufacturing, assembly, testing, and packaging all takes time!

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/rotorpixel

brushlesheaven said:
Thursday Gimbalmania....

On Facebook:

Please send me the Facebook link? thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus