Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Scottrod said:
So anyway...how about that awesome Rotorpixel gimbal footage?!?

Hmmm remind me of what that was ??.....it sounds familiar just cant quite put my finger on it, wasn't there a post about this once ??

:lol:

Awfullynicefella said:
I asked the manufacturer for more information on their gimbal and they have sent me theses pics, what do you think?

Bearing in mind it is only $250

http://www.taco-rc.com/3DPBGP2V.html

Wow... Very minimalistic and plug and play. Any idea when it'll be available? For $250 I'd be very tempted...

-slinger

Awfullynicefella said:
I asked the manufacturer for more information on their gimbal and they have sent me theses pics, what do you think?

Yikes im not sure I would like my camera dangling down held by a piece of Velcro :shock:

pyrophantom said:
Awfullynicefella said:

Yikes im not sure I would like my camera dangling down held by a piece of Velcro :shock:

Hmm... Velcro's pretty light and it also has a cinch for added security. If the vid's any good I'll be on this thing like Bieber on a bong... :lol:

-slinger

Only concern I'd have is trading durability for lightness. Some of the mainly plastic Dronexpert gimbals haven't ended up too healthy after crashes. I get the feeling the Rotorpixel would either be ok or be able to be bent back into shape. I'm just wary of those **** mobile trees that throw themselves in your path when you're filming...

I actually find this option very attractive. I feel like it's inevitable that a crash will occur, no matter how careful I am flying and if I have a $600 or $400 gimbal onboard, chances are probably good that it will get damaged at some point. Adding something like this makes the proposition of adding a gimbal a much less expensive and less risky affair.

Can't wait to see some sample footage.

Rotorpixel's future expandability and robustness has me sold, and it's not that much more money. Future 3rd axis, ability to move it to other birds in the future, and additional camera adapters. What else could you ask for?

Keri, do you plan on making a camera adapter for the RX-100? I'd like to send mine up and do some full 1080/60p video. Also please put together an FPV kit for it. Yes I want it all! :lol:

Has order 381 shipped yet ;)

Would be very interesting to see its actual flying performance and would like to know the full range of movement, but if you get a half decent result for that money its always worth a look, so will be nice to see the comparative video results of these two. For those people who might find the rotorpixel a tad on the expensive side then this could be a worthwhile purchase.

disjecta said:
I actually find this option very attractive. I feel like it's inevitable that a crash will occur, no matter how careful I am flying and if I have a $600 or $400 gimbal onboard, chances are probably good that it will get damaged at some point. Adding something like this makes the proposition of adding a gimbal a much less expensive and less risky affair.

Can't wait to see some sample footage.

I ordered one and got the shipping notice. I will post results when I get it.

Awfullynicefella said:
Nice one Kerranga! :D

It pains me to admit that I have four different gimbals on order. Most have been mentioned in this group. One of them has the 3rd axis for me to experiment with (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261365899387?ss ... 1497.l2649). I plan to print my own gimbal frame. If the RotorPixel gimbal is not to my liking (or any of the other gimbals), I can make them available if any one else is interested. My RotorPixel order is # 348.

I did this mainly to insure that I have something for my upcoming trips in March.

Kerranga said:
Awfullynicefella said:
Nice one Kerranga! :D

It pains me to admit that I have four different gimbals on order. Most have been mentioned in this group. One of them has the 3rd axis for me to experiment with (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261365899387?ss ... 1497.l2649). I plan to print my own gimbal frame. If the RotorPixel gimbal is not to my liking (or any of the other gimbals), I can make them available if any one else is interested. My RotorPixel order is # 348.

I did this mainly to insure that I have something for my upcoming trips in March.
I have seen that one on you youtube the guy as put is p2v camera on

shaun27 said:
any one got that e-mail yet to say the gimbal is on its way

From this week's post on shipping or last week's? To be fair, there is still time left.

If/when they print a FedEx label, I should get a notification from FedEx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119