Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Must be the horn...

The P2V has a horn??? Man. I've gotta RTFM... :shock:

-slinger

Meanwhile, at the Rotorpixel headquarters in Canada.

Attachments

• IMG_83950773435044.jpeg
    IMG_83950773435044.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 360
Pull_Up said:
Mind you there are probably some Phantom 1 guys who feel fleeced because they can't take advantage of the swanky new battery technology DJI have come up with without buying a whole new aircraft...
I understand what your saying. But the phantom 1 was out quite awhile before the 2 came out. The vision is what 3 months old? Kinda shitty you spend 1200 dollars and can't upgrade or it's obsolete.
I have a f450 that's 2 yrs old and it's still good.
For the money we spend it should be upgradeable for awhile.

I appear to have a Canada Post tracking number. Rotorpixel have generated the shipping label so I'm assuming it'll be collected close of business today Toronto time. I've got a 4 working day service to the UK so I'm not expecting to see anything until next week. Plus I have to rely on two national postal services... so maybe week after?! ;)

If iResq's video is too professional, don't worry - I've got a kitchen table and a whiny dog to carry on my lo-fi tradition.

I've modded my range extender using a Horizon FPV antenna, so it will be interesting to compare FPV range with a gimbal attached. If any of you who are getting them have stock range extenders can you post FPV range and compare it to what you were previously getting and I'll do the same.

I bet the weather is rubbish next week, now...

Mori55 said:
Pull_Up said:
Mind you there are probably some Phantom 1 guys who feel fleeced because they can't take advantage of the swanky new battery technology DJI have come up with without buying a whole new aircraft...
I understand what your saying. But the phantom 1 was out quite awhile before the 2 came out. The vision is what 3 months old? Kinda shitty you spend 1200 dollars and can't upgrade or it's obsolete.
I have a f450 that's 2 yrs old and it's still good.
For the money we spend it should be upgradeable for awhile.

Agreed, however the Flamewheel series were always designed as an open frame for easy modding and updating of parts and components. The Phantom range, especially the Vision, has always been more of a finished package (hence the closed shell, I guess) with a limited scope for the average user to tinker too much - although of course some people with serious electroncis and engineering skills have and will trick anything out!

FYI...... Just received this am from DJI

djireply.jpg

Maybe this is the deal Keri is working on. Enjoy your gimbals

AllanVB said:
FYI...... Just received this am from DJI

djireply.jpg

Maybe this is the deal Keri is working on. Enjoy your gimbals
If it is, he better have a good attorney for the contract with dji.

Pull_Up, what are your last 3 digits please?
Thanks

Pull_Up said:
I appear to have a Canada Post tracking number. Rotorpixel have generated the shipping label so I'm assuming it'll be collected close of business today Toronto time. I've got a 4 working day service to the UK so I'm not expecting to see anything until next week. Plus I have to rely on two national postal services... so maybe week after?! ;)

If iResq's video is too professional, don't worry - I've got a kitchen table and a whiny dog to carry on my lo-fi tradition.

I've modded my range extender using a Horizon FPV antenna, so it will be interesting to compare FPV range with a gimbal attached. If any of you who are getting them have stock range extenders can you post FPV range and compare it to what you were previously getting and I'll do the same.

I bet the weather is rubbish next week, now...

Pull_Up said:

So -- you and iresq have shipments -- but no-one else
So please - what's your order number?

Edit -- Huh.. Refresh page... No posts asking Pull-up about his order... Add my post, then magically 2 others on the same point appear.
I'm finding tihs site harder and harder to access -- page loads frequently time out, etc, looks like the server it's on is getting overloaded?

gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:

Edit -- Huh.. Refresh page... No posts asking Pull-up about his order... Add my post, then magically 2 others on the same point appear.
I'm finding tihs site harder and harder to access -- page loads frequently time out, etc, looks like the server it's on is getting overloaded?

Hello gpauk
My number is 360 & i have heard sod all :eek:
What is your number ?
Glen.

gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:

Lets just say they havent got to the 380's yet if that helps
iresq was 346

Bigvern said:
gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:

Hello gpauk
My number is 360 & i have heard sod all :eek:
What is your number ?
Glen.

352 and, not heard a peep either.....

brushlesheaven said:
Thanks

I don't think he's going to give it up, he hasn't yet. ;)

I'm 361 and he ordered about 10 minutes before I did. Too me, I want the best product, even if takes a bit longer to wait. But sooner is better too. :)

I am not a number, I am a free man!

My order number's between iResq and MattOllieman. ;) Canada Post still haven't picked up the package, though... :( When it does get into their system I'll give everyone my tracking number so all you Stateside FedEx'ers can watch yourselves overtake me over the next few days as mine gets rowed across the Atlantic...

Wow, there were a lot of people jumping on the order bandwagon in that first 10 minutes!

MattOlieman said:
brushlesheaven said:
Thanks

I don't think he's going to give it up, he hasn't yet. ;)

I'm 361 and he ordered about 10 minutes before I did. Too me, I want the best product, even if takes a bit longer to wait. But sooner is better too. :)

I am 348 and nothing yet. I will let people know when/if I do get a shipping notice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West