Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Bertrand[/quote]

Here is the email I received from DJI about their multi axis gimbal for the P2V on 1/18/2014. I couldn't wait so I jumped on the RP bandwagon. Also the expandability and portability of the RP gimbal is worth every penny.

"...about the multi axis thing, we are trying to make it and pls pay attention to our website news."

Best regards,

Zach
DJI Innovations
http://www.dji.com[/quote]

Funny, on the new DJI website I can't seem to find the "news" tab that used to be present.

tedw123 said:

Here is the email I received from DJI about their multi axis gimbal for the P2V on 1/18/2014. I couldn't wait so I jumped on the RP bandwagon. Also the expandability and portability of the RP gimbal is worth every penny.

"...about the multi axis thing, we are trying to make it and pls pay attention to our website news."

Best regards,

Zach
DJI Innovations
http://www.dji.com[/quote]

Funny, on the new DJI website I can't seem to find the "news" tab that used to be present.[/quote]

A little mention of it here ? ? ? ? ?
http://droneflyers.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... -2-vision/

Hi all !

I'm a newbie from Switzerland. I've been reading the forum since a while, no Phantom in my toy box yet but I'm planing to get one soon, with a gimbal of course. For now I'm leaning towards Rotopixel but as there is no hurry I may wait and see a little longer, until the best solution is on the market.

Also just found this, the "Stubilizer" (Sorry, can't embed the video) : http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/04/stub ... steadicam/

It's a Kikstarter (crowd funding) gimbal project for "general use" (helmet, dashboard etc) for GoPro. Could this be mounted on a Phantom ?

At least this new thing shows that gimbals get popular and that many companies are jumping in the bandwagon :)

Helveticus said:
Hi all !

I'm a newbie from Switzerland. I've been reading the forum since a while, no Phantom in my toy box yet but I'm planing to get one soon, with a gimbal of course. For now I'm leaning towards Rotopixel but as there is no hurry I may wait and see a little longer, until the best solution is on the market.

Also just found this, the "Stubilizer" (Sorry, can't embed the video) : http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/04/stub ... steadicam/

It's a Kikstarter (crowd funding) gimbal project for "general use" (helmet, dashboard etc) for GoPro. Could this be mounted on a Phantom ?

At least this new thing shows that gimbals get popular and that many companies are jumping in the bandwagon :)

So many different go pro options why bother trying to retrofit it?

Right, it looks heavy, even more with the batteries... I would certainly rather get a Rotopixel ;)

But, if successfully hacked to fit on a Phantom and still working when unattached, it could become a "dual use" alternative for the budget minded GoPro owner :?

pault said:
br17623366 said:
Hello all :

just to stay focused on the gimbal issue, I've read on the French forum dedicated to DJI that a new gimbal "by DJI" for the P2V was on its way, more news coming in two weeks.

The one who posted this info is the forum admin and creator and seems to know what he is talking about (he gave many information, always correct, in advance thanks to contact at DJI...)

For those who read French :
posted yesterday at 23:39 by "Kosem" :
http://www.djiphantom-forum.com/t3872p2 ... sion#74306

Thinking about cancelling my order of the Rotorpixel #411 and waiting a little...

Bertrand
I read the same thing yesterday posted by someone who had been in contact with DJI - I was surprised at the time that it did not attract more comment - cannot find it now !
Is it a gimbal or a new vision. I was going to order a vision today since they have battery promo going on.
Now I don't know what to do. If its jus a retro fit gimbal I woul order the vision. But if it's a whole new phantom I'd wat.

I suppose a stand alone gimbal for the vision would make sense as DJI would have to try and keep revenue coming in from existing P2V owners wanting to upgrade, whilst also not fleecing them for a P3V because it has a nice new 3 axis gimbal, which could be prohibitively expensive for a lot of people.

Interesting to see where they go with this one.

Yes there is that way of making people spend more money, but can be a dodgy strategy. Just seems that the lack of a gimbal for P2V then all of a sudden there are 3 and possibly a DJI one in the pipeline or a new aircraft entirely.

Probably most of the p2v owners are quite content. I would imagine that the market for a 2 and 3 axis gimble is limited, which is why Keri going for a more universal approach. I would suspect DJI would not offer one if its part of a new bird.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

iResq said:
Got my shipping notice today :)

My number 346.

Congratulations iResq
I'm 14 behind you so hopefuly soon !!
When should it be with you ? looking forward to some video!
Glen

Ps: You have me refreshing my mail every two minutes now !!!!!!

I'll log into fed ex in a bit too see if it's in there system. I do plan an unbox, installation, test flight video if one doesn't surface first.

Will be nice to see some footage and comments coming in soon hopefully by the looks of things.

:D

pyrophantom said:
Will be nice to see some footage and comments coming in soon hopefully by the looks of things.

We're nearly on page 150 of this thread... Maybe we should start a new thread, now that it's finally arrived, to discuss the RP gimbal itself... This thread is 50% speculation, 20% aggravation, 20% actual info and 10% about better antennas ;) :) :lol:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
pyrophantom said:

We're nearly on page 150 of this thread... Maybe we should start a new thread, now that it's finally arrived, to discuss the RP gimbal itself... This thread is 50% speculation, 20% aggravation, 20% actual info and 10% about better antennas ;) :) :lol:

-slinger

+1

Yes, lets discuss Unicorns!

Mythical creatures. Everybody wants one. Nobody has ever actually seen one in the flesh. Some people believe they exist...

Don't know why I came to think of unicorns...

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West