Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Rotorpixel said:
Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Hmm, wonder if he had a gimbal/camera fall off during a flight. :roll:

Jre said:
Rotorpixel said:
Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Hmm, wonder if he had a gimbal/camera fall off during a flight. :roll:
Oh shiiiiiiiit t :lol:

Pull_Up said:
But Keri has said they hope to start getting orders out end of this week

Yes, the first units are shipping out this week 100%.

We're moving as fast as we can to assemble everything quickly and accurately, however, please understand that there are *very* many steps in the manufacturing/assembly process besides simply screwing the parts together (that's the easy part at the very end).

Mori55 said:
I really don't understand why there's no video of one in action ?? I would like to buy one. , but I would like to see a video of it flying.

I swear we'll post some video soon. The results are amazing. No jello, and buttery smooth. In the words of someone I showed some sample footage to yesterday: "Jesus, it doesn't even look real". This isn't our first gimbal, so we have much needed experience when it comes to tuning PID settings in the gimbal controller. I've posted this already, but I'll post it again, to point out what our gimbal systems are capable of. The Hero 3 and Vision cameras are very similar in size, and gimbal geometry, so they behave very similarly in terms of stabilization.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEuWGdfFL3k[/youtube]

Keri

Honestly I think Pull Up should receive his gimbal first in order to do a proper youtube review with scotch and a shaking dog in the background. :p

gfredrone said:
Honestly I think Pull Up should receive his gimbal first in order to do a proper youtube review with scotch and a shaking dog in the background. :p

LOL. Only if he does the review with Legos too!

I just got a chub from Keri's post (Jesus, this doesn't even look real).

I can't fricken wait! Woo hoo!

Keri for President!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Pull_Up said:
Stop talking about me behind my back while I'm asleep you lot. :shock:

You make it sound like I'm an alcoholic and my dog has seizures! Only one of these is true... ;)

Very happy to hear your dog is fine... :cool:

-slinger

Waiting for this gimbal reminds me of doing long car journeys with the kids (ok, long in the British sense - like 4 or 5 hours. I know that's just a one-way trip to the nearest mall for some of your ex-colonials):

"Daa-aad, is my gimbal ready yet?";

"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with G....";

"Daa-aad, my sister keeps saying her Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro is waaay better than my Rotorpixel's gonna be! Tell her to stop!";

"Hey! You in the back! Stop waving your over-sized omni-directionals at truck drivers!".

<sigh>

:D

Pull_Up said:
Waiting for this gimbal reminds me of doing long car journeys with the kids (ok, long in the British sense - like 4 or 5 hours. I know that's just a one-way trip to the nearest mall for some of your ex-colonials):

"Daa-aad, is my gimbal ready yet?";

"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with G....";

"Daa-aad, my sister keeps saying her Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro is waaay better than my Rotorpixel's gonna be! Tell her to stop!";

"Hey! You in the back! Stop waving your over-sized omni-directionals at truck drivers!".

<sigh>

:D

you are cracking ! you better snap out of it ..soon you will start talking about lists !! :D

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

You make it sound like I'm an alcoholic and my dog has seizures! Only one of these is true... ;)

-slinger

ROFLMAOPIMP!

Major LOLs on that one :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

-slinger

ROFLMAOPIMP!

Major LOLs on that one :)

I guess tapatalk stuttered. Sorry :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member