Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Rotorpixel said:
Pull_Up said:
But Keri has said they hope to start getting orders out end of this week

Yes, the first units are shipping out this week 100%.

We're moving as fast as we can to assemble everything quickly and accurately, however, please understand that there are *very* many steps in the manufacturing/assembly process besides simply screwing the parts together (that's the easy part at the very end).

Keri

OK guys, Remember, Keri is shipping this week, and today is hump day.... Are you ready?

Pull_Up said:
For those of us who might not be on the first run, what's the estimate of the next batch of parts arriving for assembly and shipping out, Keri?
I reckon you should definitely be in the first run because of all the positive input on this thread providing you found a way to include your forum username in the order. It would be a pita if you were just Simon xxxxx ;)

Rotorpixel said:
I swear we'll post some video soon.

How soon is "soon"? :arrow:

Eager to press the order button, but still waiting on a few things:

1. Video of the Rotorpixel Vision gimbal in action while the bird is flying (taken from the ground or from another phantom).
2. Sample video footage taken from the final build of the Rotorpixel Vision gimbal.
3. Percentage of initial explosion queue completed.
4. Report of any major problems during production/testing and the working remedies for them. (Tall order on this one, I know.)

So…has Rotorpixel discontinued all other gimbals and this is their only offering now? If you simply go to Rotorpixel.com this gimbal is all you can see.

Unless you know the old url for their previous gimbals which is no longer accessible via any links, only direct entry.

http://shop.rotorpixel.com

I already have a new one on order. Just curious.

Keri?

mcurrier said:
So…has Rotorpixel discontinued all other gimbals and this is their only offering now?

We have stopped manufacturing the previous gimbals, since this one gimbal will be able to do everything (Hero 2, Hero 3, Vision, Future universal camera mounting plates, etc.). The online store that you pointed out should've had the old gimbals removed, and replaced with this new gimbal. The reason we need 2 shops at the moment is to offer Paypal as a payment option, since we get several requests for it each day. We may instead include a "PAY NOW WITH PAYPAL" button on our existing site, but paypal is not as friendly a payment processor as Stripe, who we are currently using.

Jre said:
How soon is "soon"? :arrow:
1. Video of the Rotorpixel Vision gimbal in action while the bird is flying (taken from the ground or from another phantom).
2. Sample video footage taken from the final build of the Rotorpixel Vision gimbal.
3. Percentage of initial explosion queue completed.
4. Report of any major problems during production/testing and the working remedies for them. (Tall order on this one, I know.)

1. Will try to put something together.
2. Like I said - soon. The problem is that we are trying to make it a very good video with interesting subject matter, but it's not looking like we're going to be able to make this happen as fast as people are demanding some footage. I'm on the verge of just caving in though, and posting some blahh footage of a short walk with my girlfriend through a forest.
3. A small percentage. We have several hundred individual orders, and a couple dozen resellers/distributors lined up, including B&H Photo... we've got a long road ahead of us, but we're doing everything possible to ramp up production accordingly.
4. No major problems at all.

Keri

Pull_Up said:
Cave in! Most people will be happy with 2 minutes of anything as long as it's Vision footage with a Rotorpixel. You can save the fancy shmancy stuff for your website. ;)

I agree with that, I work in the image industry, when I look at your video I will not be looking at what you shoot at all, just how it looks on the gimbal. I own the camera already so I know how it will look under whatever lighting conditions etc.

I would love to see:

*Fast accent
*Fast descent
*No control input hover in GPS mode
*Same hover with gusty winds (weather permitting)
*Slow move forward, backward, left, and right
*Fast moves forward, backward, left, and right
*Hover panning
*Smooth flying
*Erratic jerky flying

I would like to see some footage too. I must say though I think you are being SMART by designing one gimbal to handle multiple cameras. It'll be nice to break down the walls between people who are constantly saying they want the P2 or the P2V. The P2V with this gimbal will be a pretty sweet all-in-one solution. Hurry up! :lol:

Scottrod said:
I would like to see some footage too. I must say though I think you are being SMART by designing one gimbal to handle multiple cameras. It'll be nice to break down the walls between people who are constantly saying they want the P2 or the P2V. The P2V with this gimbal will be a pretty sweet all-in-one solution. Hurry up! :lol:

Yes, versatility is what we're going for! Trying to finalize the balance of the Hero 3 mount right now:

Attachments

• Hero 3 mount for Vision gimbal.jpg
    Hero 3 mount for Vision gimbal.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 355
Rotorpixel said:
Scottrod said:

Yes, versatility is what we're going for! Trying to finalize the balance of the Hero 3 mount right now:

VERY COOL! Will we be able to pull video out for FPV without compromising the gimbal operations?

Rotorpixel said:
Scottrod said:

VERY nice! Looks quality!

Rotorpixel said:

You may have better luck finding that optimized Hero 3 balance by clearing up all that fc200 stuff you have laying around. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rotorpixel said:

I'm excited about this, nice job Keri, congrats!!! I'll be buying the Hero 3 mount as soon as available.

Should I dare ask.... is there a list? :oops: I didn't say that out loud, did I? ;)

Jre said:
If orders started at XXXXXX300, then there are 297 individual orders as of a couple minutes ago.

That would make me 94 and I placed my order early in the morning when it was released. I would be surprised if there are 93 people ahead of me. Not saying it isn't possible but I would be surprised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak