Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

teji said:
If a correctly remember. ... The main motivation for wait rp gimbal was "keri will make it perfect without shipping"... everybody happy with this...
But ....
But... lots of technical issues finally. .. :-(

As far as I know, a single issue and it's been corrected. :)

teji said:
If a correctly remember. ... The main motivation for wait rp gimbal was "keri will make it perfect without shipping"... everybody happy with this...
But ....

No, you remember incorrectly. The main motivation for not ramping production to full speed straightaway was to ensure that any issues in production were caught with numbers at a low-level, rather than going straight for 100 per week and having 100 go out with an issue with assembly if one arose. Nowhere was it stated that the delay was to make everything perfect without shipping, it was always made clear that the assembly was a multi-stage process and therefore they would start with an initial run and low volumes then when the assembly process was perfect they would increase volumes of production to full capacity.

And "one" != "lots" :)

Today marks week six since my order was placed, hoping Keri gets back from his travels and Rotorpixel starts shipping with some consistency!

Pull_Up said:
teji said:
But ....

No, you remember incorrectly. The main motivation for not ramping production to full speed straightaway was to ensure that any issues in production were caught with numbers at a low-level, rather than going straight for 100 per week and having 100 go out with an issue with assembly if one arose. Nowhere was it stated that the delay was to make everything perfect without shipping, it was always made clear that the assembly was a multi-stage process and therefore they would start with an initial run and low volumes then when the assembly process was perfect they would increase volumes of production to full capacity.

Why do you always defend RP ? Do you work for them ?

For you guys with the RP Gimbal (still waiting for mine) and have problem withe the yaw in movie. When you yaw your phantom to the left or right you can experience twitching in the movie.

If you slow down the paste a few knots when you making the movie in iMovie or Final cut... hopefully it will fix the yaw issue/ It will make it better if not resolving the issue 100%.

here is my example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqpABj2EJ5E

The phantom yaw to left 01:00. 02:14. in the movie

Hope it helps

Regards
Bjorn

Mori55 said:
Pull_Up said:
teji said:
But ....

It's absolutly unbelievable ! here, RP & Keri can do everything, people stay happy ! it' a kind of guru. And if you make a not-positive remark about it, everybody kill you on foruM We can't share opinion, we just ca say "i love keri, rp if the best, i will wait ret of my live, nor very important to know the infos about my order...." Is you go out of this , you will be assasined. Maybye must rename threat with "Keri we love you, make what you want with me, my phantom, my money, my time,... i stay happy"...
I really hope than everybody will receive they gimbal. otherwise, deception will be destroying us.

I'm not talking trash, I just call it as I see it. And no I don't work for taco whatever. I've seen this on other forums , whenever a negative comment came out a certain group of " defenders" came out.
Of course they were the ones getting free products to "test".

Mori55 said:
Pull_Up said:
teji said:
But ....

If I did I'd have been in Dominica on a staff trip! I've been around these parts long before I'd ever heard of Rotorpixel.

I bought the product and find it to be excellent, and have reviewed it both during installation and in-flight. I pre-ordered having paid very close attention to what was said would happen and why, and feel it's important to clarify any misrepresentations - as did the previous poster whose gimbal was actually affected by the issue!

But if Rotorpixel would like to open up their South Oxfordshire office I can rent them a kitchen table at a reasonable weekly rate... ;)

Mori55 said:
I'm not talking trash, I just call it as I see it. And no I don't work for taco whatever. I've seen this on other forums , whenever a negative comment came out a certain group of " defenders" came out.
Of course they were the ones getting free products to "test".

Well if I got a free product to test then I must be the world's worst "tester", because there was a production line issue I didn't find. That and I need to get my money back from customs, 'cos last time I did maths homework with my son I'm pretty sure 26% of zero should be zero... :roll:

Trust me, I also call it as I see it: I ticked disclaimers at point of pre-order confirming there was no delivery date promise and agreed to be patient, and was one of the first 3 orders placed. I read and understood the public statements from Rotorpixel about the intention to release an initial run slowly, ramping up to larger numbers if there were no assembly issues. There has been an issue (not lots of them) that has been caught early thanks to not ramping up to full numbers too quickly. If at any time I was unhappy with what I'd signed up to I would have cancelled and got a refund.

Mori55, have you actually ordered the Rotorpixel? Because you're obviously not happy with the product and/or the company so just cancel - it'll do your blood pressure a lot of good. Are you saying no one can give a good review of the gimbal or say they are happy with Rotorpixel's way of doing business because that doesn't agree with your view? Does that make you an "anti-defender", then? Every forum's got 'em...

Personally I sent two emails to Keri and posted in here and haven't got a response at all
That's that only reason I haven't ordered one
I asked a couple questions and never got an answer but I figured the man is bombarded with questions and emails so I figured I'd sit back and wait hopefully he will get to my email from February

Teji said:
It's absolutly unbelievable ! here, RP & Keri can do everything, people stay happy ! it' a kind of guru. And if you make a not-positive remark about it, everybody kill you on foruM We can't share opinion, we just ca say "i love keri, rp if the best, i will wait ret of my live, nor very important to know the infos about my order...." Is you go out of this , you will be assasined. Maybye must rename threat with "Keri we love you, make what you want with me, my phantom, my money, my time,... i stay happy"...
I really hope than everybody will receive they gimbal. otherwise, deception will be destroying us.

I guess I am getting too old.....my language skills are behind the times because I have a tough time reading and understanding this post! Time to take post-post university remedial english courses.

I do know I am with Pull_Up on the situation.....we all knew the T's & C's of our order when we signed up. So let's all chill out and ramp down the frustration level. I hope Keri is not letting this get to him or his team, but rather focusing on the QC and making sure the ramp up will be free of any problems.

No I'm not a hater at all, I haven't ordered one yet, because of the wait and it seems as if their customer support is lacking at the time. If I knew I could order one and get it in a couple of weeks I would have. But right now it looks like there a couple of month waiting time. In the mean time DJI could come out with one or someone else.
It's a shame it's like this , as they seem to have a great product and I think they should be criticized for the way they seem to handling it at the time.

Mori55 said:
It's a shame it's like this , as they seem to have a great product and I think they should be criticized for the way they seem to handling it at the time.

I couldn't agree more. Rotorpixel seems like a part time side business. Listen, I respect fixing a known problem that came up last week, but that doesn't justify why they didn't have 50-100 ready to ship Friday. I know I can simply cancel, but since I'm 6 weeks in I figure I'll wait to see how many are shipped out this week first. Hopefully things will pick up! Come on 456!

This is getting old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119