Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

RCRookie said:
When Keri returns to Toronto...He will be amazed how Production has ramped up!

1s9g.jpg

I'm suffering from "Gimbalitis"....the only cure is receipt of a shipping notification. :lol:

The Rookie

PMSL :lol:

RCRookie said:
Will a Yaw axis also cause the Phantoms legs to appear in the videos or are there stops to prevent rotation of the entire camera ?

In the same way as limits prevent you from seeing the belly of your P2V, it will depend on your settings. See BaseCam.com manuals, Follow mode, pages 6-7 for a better understanding of how yaw stabilization works.

marc111 said:
I am following this thread because it is about the rotor pixel gimbal

lets keep it that way

thank you
:)

Ok. Are they shipping another batch yet? What's the last known shipped gimbal number? Is Keri back in Canada? I can't wait for my gimbal to arrive, it is SURELY the cure to cancer!

Sorry, couldn't resist... ;-)

A third axis added to the Rotorpixel will also help to reduce/eliminate the slight yaw movements that the aircraft makes to counteract wind when trying to maintain nose orientation in GPS and ATTI mode. You don't notice those little movements until you get a 2 axis gimbal... then you want a three axis one! Where will it end?!

Yes its strange, when I bought the P2V I thought that was enough but when you get hooked and actually realise the possibilities you can get from the little beast, you then start tinkering with antennas, gimbals, data loggers....and the whole thing starts to get expensive lol

Great fun though, and allows you to get perspectives that you just cant get any other way.

:D

Pull_Up said:
I want a four-axis gimbal - stabilise things in pitch, roll, yaw... and time.
That way you can still get good air videos after you land. :roll:

quote="Pull_Up" I want a four-axis gimbal - stabilise things in pitch, roll, yaw... and time.

That's starting to sound like quantum physics. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
So 60% is definitely a number to avoid! At some point I will have a play with basic and atti gains and see if I can find something that works.

On my previous Phantom 1, I had the BTU module, that allowed me to make adjustments via the NM Assistant out in the field. It's a shame DJI don't have a similar app for the Vision, surely it's possible via the Visions wifi? Would beat having to wait till you get home, to hook it upto the computer, to make adjustments.

Does anyone know what shipping number we're on, and the amount of Gimbals being shipped weekly?
We need updates!
Also....is there still a plan to "ramp up" production to 100 a week ?

Thanks, The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Does anyone know what shipping number we're on, and the amount of Gimbals being shipped weekly?
We need updates!
Also....is there still a plan to "ramp up" production to 100 a week ?

Thanks, The Rookie

Hey, I just did that ironic post! ;-)

I think we're all getting a bit frustrated with lack of information. I want to give Keri the benefit of doubt. And I surely don't want him to rush them out the door. I assume he is busy with his people and the hiccups and technical issues we've seen. We all just need some updates.

The Rookie ;)

Yes...that's double the amount of frustration. I hope he gets back to you ASAP. He should take special care of those with issues with the equipment after waiting so long. :(

I believe he is currently in transit back to Toronto from Dominica, but has been dealing direct with people who have had issues. I would imagine he won't want to make any public statements about production ramp-ups or time lines until he's totally satisfied that the QC issues have been 100% resolved and the line is ready to take the uplift in numbers without issue.

Pull_Up said:
I believe he is currently in transit back to Toronto from Dominica, but has been dealing direct with people who have had issues. I would imagine he won't want to make any public statements about production ramp-ups or time lines until he's totally satisfied that the QC issues have been 100% resolved and the line is ready to take the uplift in numbers without issue.

I too think this is what's happening. But I see the "without issue" part as a "two way street", as we say here in the States.

I think the crowd will be pleasantly patient as long as they see progress and are comforted a bit.

Look for good things by this time next week .... that's my prediction.

If a correctly remember. ... The main motivation for wait rp gimbal was "keri will make it perfect without shipping"... everybody happy with this...
But ....
But... lots of technical issues finally. .. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119