Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

Doono said:
Being kicked back to menu page as well on Moverios. Looks like there is a problem with the updated app.

Just because the app doesn't work with Moverios doesn't mean there is a problem with the "app". You need to contact Epson and have them update their product to work with the app.

Elevation question - I presume that the ground station app bases its elevation from the data it is being given by the DJI App which is never very accurate ?

:?:

tedw123 said:
Doono said:
Being kicked back to menu page as well on Moverios. Looks like there is a problem with the updated app.

Just because the app doesn't work with Moverios doesn't mean there is a problem with the "app". You need to contact Epson and have them update their product to work with the app.

That's true, 1.0.50 works on my Samsung S4 but not on the Moverios.

pyrophantom said:
Elevation question - I presume that the ground station app bases its elevation from the data it is being given by the DJI App which is never very accurate ?

The altimeter in the 'copter is used to determine its altitude during the flight.

-- Roger

Doono said:
tedw123 said:
Doono said:

That's true, 1.0.50 works on my Samsung S4 but not on the Moverios.
Have you called Epson or should I. I know I read a thread that they were working (?) on an app with DJI

[/quote]Have you called Epson or should I. I know I read a thread that they were working (?) on an app with DJI[/quote]

Well, I've tweeted Eric Mizufuka (BT 200 Product Manager), but the more feedback the better I reckon.

I flew two waypoint missions tonight with no trouble with my Vision+. However, I could not adjust the waypoint altitudes. I tapped them over and over to no result. What am I missing? Is there a trick to this?

Setting altitude is a little bit tricky.
I ran 2 "missions" this evening. Not sure if I like it yet... It looks a little "choppy" in flight. I kept it in my "test area" a common area in my subdivision that is about 3/4 acre. Maybe with longer flights it will be better. I'll be going up to the in-laws for the 4th and there's a few hundred acres to play with.
I ran the first with my iPad Mini and the video froze & lagged pretty bad. 2nd mission was on my iPhone 5s and video reception was fine.

rbarghini said:
Hi group,

Is anybody else here experiencing Wi-Fi/FPV connectivity issues when using the ground station function? I'm using an iPod 5th gen. It worked perfectly before I upgraded to V1.0.41 - I was getting incredible distances of 3,000+ ft w/FPV... but now I am barely able to reach/achieve distances of 500 ft away w/out losing or extremely laggy Wi-Fi/FPV connectivity.

I've also tried using an iPhone 4S which yielded the same results. I'm using a Preview Quality setting of 640x480 15 fps. I also cached the map for my flying area prior to flight.

Thanks,
Ron

I disabled GS, ran the app and took a full flight and didn't have any laggy Wi-Fi/FPV connectivity issues. In fact, I'm now again able to reach my distances that I've achieved before the app upgrade... one good thing I did notice (after upgrading to V1.0.41) is I am able to obtain satellites very quickly versus taking several minutes before the app upgrade - anybody else notice this?

This time it's the iOS users that got the short of the stick as I've read in other posts the upgrade is working quite well for Android platforms.

Thanks,
Ron

Moverios.

Just re-installed Andriod 1.0.4 and it's back to being happy. I'm waiting on a response from Epson and Prelaunch re. 1.0.5

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app

Or at least after some head scratching.
1/ Connect to the internet via router or mobile.
2/ Go to google maps and go to location that you want to fly from it may not be where you are at the moment of course.
3/ IMPORTANT change the mode from the map view to the satellite view (I could not change it afterwards in the Vision App)
4/ With the map set in the browser close the page and switch to connect to your phantom in the normal way.
5 In Vision app click on camera and then right swipe the screen and the google map you loaded comes up.
6/ The map can be expanded as normal. And although by clicking the "paper file pile" on the right it gives you map or satellite options this did not work for me.
7/ You see a red aeroplane in its home positon.
8/ Tap on the screen to set the home points.
9/ Height can be set afterwards by tapping on each point set. This brings up the height slider.
10/ Wait until you have six or more satellites when in the top left of the screen it wil change from "ATTI" to "GPS" mode.
11/ And I went no further as I was in a confined area and it was windy. There are tabs "Done" which after you click this up comes "GO".
The Phantom then will do as it says on the box. Now having sorted it out I look forward to trying it.

You lost me at Step 2. :(

I didn't go to Google Maps. I just selected "satellite" and the area I was in came up. :eek:

:?

Jimmy

Just a question for those with Rotorpixel gimbals - do you think the maximum distance of 16400' which is presumably based on expected battery safety limits, would be a touch too far given the flight reduction of phantoms with the Rotorpixel ???

JamesD said:
You lost me at Step 2. :(

I didn't go to Google Maps. I just selected "satellite" and the area I was in came up. :eek:

:?

Jimmy

Elaborate in actual steps what you did.

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
Just a question for those with Rotorpixel gimbals - do you think the maximum distance of 16400' which is presumably based on expected battery safety limits, would be a touch too far given the flight reduction of phantoms with the Rotorpixel ???

I did 4.2 KM today with the waypoints app, I think the maximum is 5 KM
Using the mid speed and I had 39% battery left.

Geert./.

So I guess you may just scrape 5Km but it might be tight battery wise - too windy to try here are people finding it fun ?

vortigern said:
Or at least after some head scratching.
1/ Connect to the internet via router or mobile.
2/ Go to google maps and go to location that you want to fly from it may not be where you are at the moment of course.
3/ IMPORTANT change the mode from the map view to the satellite view (I could not change it afterwards in the Vision App)
4/ With the map set in the browser close the page and switch to connect to your phantom in the normal way.
5 In Vision app click on camera and then right swipe the screen and the google map you loaded comes up.
6/ The map can be expanded as normal. And although by clicking the "paper file pile" on the right it gives you map or satellite options this did not work for me.
7/ You see a red aeroplane in its home positon.
8/ Tap on the screen to set the home points.
9/ Height can be set afterwards by tapping on each point set. This brings up the height slider.
10/ Wait until you have six or more satellites when in the top left of the screen it wil change from "ATTI" to "GPS" mode.
11/ And I went no further as I was in a confined area and it was windy. There are tabs "Done" which after you click this up comes "GO".
The Phantom then will do as it says on the box. Now having sorted it out I look forward to trying it.

I think you are coming from where I was thinking in that I know I want to fly somewhere where I will not have wifi so may want to load the map of where I WILL be, not where I am at the moment ?

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
So I guess you may just scrape 5Km but it might be tight battery wise - too windy to try here are people finding it fun ?

Well, I will do some test again because I am not sure my battery was 100%.
I powered on my Phantom just before the flight and hooked it up to the Assistant software to make some screen picture.
Maybe the battery was 95% or so when I actually started the mission.

I did some long distance test a few weeks ago, 3.2 km out and back of course, 6,4 km in total. I had around 20% left on the battery.

Geert./.

If your figures are correct it would suggest it is more battery efficient flying in this mode than constantly changing flight in normal mode......bit like cruise control on your car but more phantom cruise !!

:D

I think you are coming from where I was thinking in that I know I want to fly somewhere where I will not have wifi so may want to load the map of where I WILL be, not where I am at the moment ?[/quote]

Exactly because I do not have a mobile internet connection I would always have to load it in advance. Just how big an area you can cache would be interesting. But as I have not tried my system in anger yet I will wait until I do. My regards to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

HOWTO: Get map loaded in Vision App for GS

After reading several threads it seems like there are a few people that has issue getting the map on their Vision app.

Try these instructions step by step to pre-load / cache your map:

1. Power off WiFi Extender, Controller, and P2V or P2V+
2. On your device with Vision app, connect to mobile network and / or Wifi.
3. Verify your network connection by checking Facebook or Email.
4. Once you verify that you have network connectivity. Open up Vision App.
5. Click on "Camera" icon.
6. Left swip to get into Ground Station / Way Point
7. On upper right hand corner, select the overlay / map you want. I prefer Hybrid map.
8. Move the map to area where you want fly.
9. Zoom in maximum possible.
10. Move map to view all area where you will want to set waypoint.

Done.

Step 10 is where the Vision App will cache all the map you've viewed so when you are connected to your P2V/P2V+ again without internet connection, the map will show up.

Hope this works for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl