Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

Cheers yawny clear for me now as I tend to fly in the middle of nowhere where there is little or no wifi but will probably have mobile data for the map cache.

Cheers m8

:D

Re: HOWTO: Get map loaded in Vision App for GS

yawnalot29 said:
After reading several threads it seems like there are a few people that has issue getting the map on their Vision app.

Try these instructions step by step to pre-load / cache your map:

1. Power off WiFi Extender, Controller, and P2V or P2V+
2. On your device with Vision app, connect to mobile network and / or Wifi.
3. Verify your network connection by checking Facebook or Email.
4. Once you verify that you have network connectivity. Open up Vision App.
5. Click on "Camera" icon.
6. Left swip to get into Ground Station / Way Point
7. On upper right hand corner, select the overlay / map you want. I prefer Hybrid map.
8. Move the map to area where you want fly.
9. Zoom in maximum possible.
10. Move map to view all area where you will want to set waypoint.

Done.

Step 10 is where the Vision App will cache all the map you've viewed so when you are connected to your P2V/P2V+ again without internet connection, the map will show up.

Hope this works for you.
Can you also cache the map area via google maps on the phone by typing "OK MAPS"... I thought I read this was an option... assuming it's pulling from google maps..

At least this app allows you to get some benefit from using a larger screen like my samsung galaxy tab3 8" which is great for waypoint flying !!

Crap for fpv but great for this app :D

phantomguy said:
What is "rotation lock" on the General section of the "Settings" tab of the app? I dont recall seeing that previously?

Have I missed the answer to this?

If it allows you to temporarily stop the gimbal from yaw damping and allows you to rotate without judder then I may well use it.

"Orientation Lock: Unlock to sync map orientation with aircraft movement."

Rotation lock is when you rotate your phone or tablet.

srandall25 said:
Can you also cache the map area via google maps on the phone by typing "OK MAPS"... I thought I read this was an option... assuming it's pulling from google maps..

I do not know. I am not familiar with "OK MAPS"

yawnalot29 said:
srandall25 said:

This is correct. There is a good explanation if you google it. Just type "Okay Maps" into google maps search bar and push search and you will get the options. You can clear your cache in the App Manager (android). Put your phone in Airplane mode to verify.

Michigan_PI said:
Setting altitude is a little bit tricky.
I ran 2 "missions" this evening. Not sure if I like it yet... It looks a little "choppy" in flight. I kept it in my "test area" a common area in my subdivision that is about 3/4 acre. Maybe with longer flights it will be better. I'll be going up to the in-laws for the 4th and there's a few hundred acres to play with.
I ran the first with my iPad Mini and the video froze & lagged pretty bad. 2nd mission was on my iPhone 5s and video reception was fine.

I've read from a DJI support rep that the processor in the first generation ipad mini is not fast enough to keep up when using the gs app. Perhaps yours is first gen?

Here's the link to his comment (last post on page)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 39&page=52

ToddSmi said:
read from a DJI support rep that the processor in the first generation ipad mini is not fast enough to keep up when using the gs app. Perhaps yours is first gen?

Works with my iPad 2 (way before iPad mini) no problem at all. The video also works. You can't see jack in the daylight, but it works none the less.

Mori55 said:
Rotation lock is when you rotate your phone or tablet.

Really?!?! Are you sure?? Most apps don't have this as a setting because it's already a setting on the device itself.

Reply re latest Vision app not working on Moverios.

Thank you for submitting your inquiry below. Our internal expert for the
DJI Phantom Vision app is on vacation and will be back the week of July
7th. If you don't hear from him by July 8th (Pacific Time Zone), please
send us a reminder.

Regards,
Epson Moverio Team
http://www.epson.com/moverio
http://www.youtube.com/moverio

Attachments

• EricM.JPG
    EricM.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 734
Saving waypoint mission

Is there a way to save and re run a mission? This would be a needed feature for farmers scouting a field.

Re: Saving waypoint mission

Russair said:
Is there a way to save and re run a mission? This would be a needed feature for farmers scouting a field.

Nope !

With this app and the P2V+ what happens while flying a mission and somewhere between waypoints control signal is lost? Does the Phantom RTH? or does it complete its route? From what I understand the real ground station app is supposed to "intelligently" complete the route, returning to the starting point. Is this the same here?

It perfectly finishes the programmed route.

cryptoron said:

Do you know if this also applies when the battery gets below 30%? When the battery is below 30% it drops the mission, so will it automatically fly directly back to the home position or does it complete the remaining way points or do you have to manually fly it back? Thanks

cryptoron said:

Not that I doubt your answer, but has anyone had this actually happen. Loose control signal and have it continue the route?

Respectfully

Interesting behavior...

I had a chance tonight to further try the GS functionality. I an amazed at how much fun it is to program a route and watch it fly... not sure how much use it is, but its cool...

I made a quick "flight plan", to a point directly above me and then out 800' and then return. I noticed it did something interesting. When it reached the 800' away point (point #2) it did a 180 (turned back toward me) paused turned back to its original heading (180 turn away) then turned again back 180 toward me and flew the course.. I thought it may have been a glitch and reran the mission once it returned the first time. It did the exact same thing.

I also noticed the previous post of pixilation of FPV video with GS enabled. I too tried turning the GS off and noticed it went away. Flew for a while and then turned GS back on. Did not notice it the second time, but that was when I was having fun with the GS, not to say it wasn't there, just forget to look for it. However I think I would have noticed it as it was quite bad the first time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor